Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

^ I wouldn't say amazing soccer but we got results.

One thing that Otto did was he dismissed players with bad attitudes. (Zikos & Georgatos?)

Santos I don't think did that?

Perhaps the bad attitudes that Moras was hinting at are poisoning the team?

I love them when they're performing well but COUGH COUGH Mitroglou & Holebas?

Greek media are protecting the EPO and Greeks in general are far more concerned about Marinakis than anything the EPO does with the NT. They will concentrate their fury on Xolebas throwing his shirt on the ground. He was the only player genuinely busting a gut out there. I notice Sport24 rated him as poor which didn't surprise me. For me he was our best player tonight.

Marinakis and EPO go hand in hand. Girtzikis and Sarris were his guys.
  • Like it 1

Clubs complaining about their players not being selected, should be told ... respectfully ... to f--k off.  PAOK demanding Tzavellas be in the NT is farcical.

Clubs in my opinion should be demanding that none of their players be selected for the NT until all the EPO scum is cleaned up. 

Who ever takes over, they will have a huge task in front of them! When we go back to the Otto days and Santos, both coaches had players performing at a very high at club, CL, and Europe....Lets break down the team, we have maybe 5 players today that we can say are performing at a high level? Lets face it the current National team is made up of players struggling in the supa league, and in bottom feeders from abroad, with no European experience! If we compare 2002, up until 2014 we have dropped very low in player development, and the Supa league is to blame for this....Ask yourselves this question, the Greek league is very low in quality when compared to pre 2010....Name me 20 Greek players that are tearing it up in the worst league we have ever experienced in Greece, go ahead name me 20? Lets face it we are terrible, and it's going to be a long road back! If the Supa league doesn't correct itself and start producing talent, we will never qualify again! You all need to come to grips with the reality of not qualifying for at least 10 years, really it's becoming funny and laughable to think otherwise.

How do you explain Cyprus with 35yo ex GSL rejects getting 400% more points than us in a much harder group?

Cyprus talent pool is not on the same planet as Greece, neither is Hungary and Iceland....

Edited by RED SHERIFF

Red Sheriff, yes Cyprus is punching above their weight given they are still in contention to qualify so are Hungary, NI and a few other teams. These results are an anomaly as are the dubious performances Greek players have been putting in. They can turn this around. Pride will eventually slap them in to seriousness.

Sokratis, Manolas, Samaris and more than a dozen other players are able to mix it with Europe's best but they are doormats for Finland and FI but Cyprus who are exactly the team which has struggled for 50 years beats Bosnia but Greece can't beat then according to some here.

It's all so loopy. Hurry up and get this 0-0 done with Hungary so we can at least hope that WC qualifying isn't such a farce.

that is my point...

regarding the quality of the GSL  being a factor...Other than PAO...Who were a power with class footballers, overall the league is better than it was in the period 2000-2004...AEK had better players then ,but were bankrupt and had a nut job for a president...they were in disarray off the field.

OSFP  are much better, so to are PAOK..On and off the field...  I am not saying the league is where we want it to be....but there was some really horrible clubs around in that era.....Ethnikos asteras, Ionikos, Athinaikos, Paniliakos, Elefsina, Trikala.Kalamaria, Akratitos, Thrasyvoulos, etc etc...

The domestic league of Cyprus does not equate to Cyprus NT (with Charalambides, Charalambou, Aloneftis all in their mid 30s) supported by a cast of nobodies achieve 400% more points than Greece.

• Like it 1

I am not sure if we have the best group in decades....

what I know is we have better footballers than Hungary, Finland, Northern Ireland, Romania Faroe islands, Albania, Israel, Norway, Cyprus, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Scotland,EIRE, Belarus, Armenia, Iceland, Latvia , Estonia,Lithuania, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan  who ended up finishing higher than we did......................................

• Like it 1

Next coach has to be smart, tough and ensure that the next generation of players knows what it is required to play for NT. On and off the park. Zero tolerance in my opinion.

What I saw in the Hungary game was that we have talent, players that can run for 90 min. I saw a youthfull team given the freedom to play and attack the opposition, which they did very well. There was nothing riding on the game, but it is these sort of games that you find your next incumbents.

Right or wrong, there have been 53 players tried in this campaign and the new coach needs to fnd a squad of 20-23 players to take us forward.

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic