Phantis Forums

NT Coaches

Guest PastMember

Guys they need a no bullshit hard nose coach that's not going to take bull s%$#! from the players or the EPO, a guy thats going to preach dicipline, respect, and team work. no prima donna sensitive bitches on this team. we need a coach that would kick the s%$#! out of his players if they pulled a stunt like they did at the world cup where 2 of our players fought. i dont want a nice soft spoken players coach because our c*** players will take advantage of him. even when the Santos era was coming to a close santos himself said the players were selfish. we need a real coach that does things his way and only his way. im very interested to see who the EPO decides to bring in since they promised they would have a coach by october.

• Like it 2

Honestly, I think Tziolis gets a lot of criticism he doesn't deserve ::ducks head as tantra tries for a hook::

The guy is who he is.  It's not like we don't know his capabilities.  What's surprising is that he gets selected.  I can understand selecting him against minnows where you expect 70% possession, but in any other game where you need your DM to be running all over the place, he's not your man.  Sideways passes ?  That's what he does.  He's not the type to look for a through ball, or run with the ball into space.

If he had a lousy attitude like Katsouranis, then yeah, give it to him.  But he's not a kolopetho.  As to how he gets selected, I can't tell anymore.  I lost my crystal ball just before the GFC.

i think he had a good world cup2010 nice passes and a few nice shots ...but we are late 2015 now and he is done

the people that select him should be shot

Look at the positive.  At least you have a target to vent at. :)

Coaches like Magath and Greek players don't work well together. Him being that disciplined, strict and almost hard headed, he wont last half a qualifying campaign before having a falling out with the kafenio lads. That being said,I'm sure some thought the same of Otto when he first came in but who knows. If the players are willing to listen and obey 110% it could work, but I wouldn't go there if I was in charge

Magath would make us even more of a laughingstock than we currently are. There is a reason he can't find work anymore.

And even if you go for his "physically fit" mantra - where would this fit with his work as a national team coach? He'll have a week at a time, at most, to work with these guys. Unless there are fundamental changes in how often our NT meets, his one "advantage" is going to be kneecapped right off the bat.

I can't say if magath can take us to greener pastures. He is a fitness freak, so expect him to rid of all the drop kicks unless they shape up. Mitroglou found that out personally.

As for bielsa, he knows his stuff but he is a nutter. It will be a shock to the system for most of the squad. Anyway i don't think he can play his brand of football with this lot.

My advise would be to go with someone that appreciates defensive minded/ reactive football but is also flexible. Offcourse you are thinking we had santos, but we need better as that guy can't set up a side to attack to save his life. Just consider his current portugal side.

Klopp's the hottest property out there right now. He'll have his pick of a great many lucrative and high-profile jobs; there's no way a young and already-beloved coach would settle for coaching a handful of games per year.

• Dutch Eagle locked, unlocked and pinned this topic