Phantis Forums

PAOK International Players (National Teams)

pash

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not all that surprising. Lyratzis only recently started playing, and I think a new manager is more likely to give the more experienced guys a run. Hopefully that changes soon.

28 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Paschalakis is called up for the Ethniki but Tsiggaras and Lyratzis are ignored by the new manager.

If you go on the NT forums, people are calling for them to bring back Ninis! 😆

• Haha 2

Hmm I haven’t checked that thread out in ages but I’m not surprised.  A common theme I’ve seen over the years is for this need to have a scapegoat.  Be it Katsouranis, Tziolis or whoever.  Not that these guys were great, they had their flaws but somehow there was this belief if we replaced them everything else would fall into place.  Now it seems to be Bakasetas and Mantalos.

Most people can watch soccer all their lives but can’t read a game let alone understand how team management, psychology and cohesion works.  Skill is but one factor in selecting a player.  There are many other factors considered.  If it was all about skill, just go and pick one of those guys you see in a park that can juggle the ball like a champion.

• Like it 2

I am sorry but calling Rota over Lyratzis is a very dumb move by the new coach. Same thing with Kourfalidis over Tsiggaras.

There are some other choices that make no sense. No Giannoulis and Tzolis.

The only good thing is that he did not call the two saboteurs Manolas and Papastathopoulos, apparently because they are tired. Keep those primadonas off the national team.

20 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I am sorry but calling Rota over Lyratzis is a very dumb move by the new coach. Same thing with Kourfalidis over Tsiggaras.

There are some other choices that make no sense. No Giannoulis and Tzolis.

The only good thing is that he did not call the two saboteurs Manolas and Papastathopoulos, apparently because they are tired. Keep those primadonas off the national team.

this is because he is a very dumb coach

• Haha 1