Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

• 2 weeks later...

Rockafeller Skank,

I agree with what your saying, Oly definitely needs some work in the defence. You guys definetly need to get rid of players like dossevi and Durmaz but Benitez is a keeper IMO and an excellent young player. Right now with AEK and PAO rising Oly definetly needs to start signing or they'll finish 3rd or even 4th if Tudor does well with PAOK.

PAO, AEK and PAOK are all a work in progress, and that's being generous. Olympiakos to win, and comfortably too.

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

not sure about these guys?

they came from the Xanthi of Turkey and Portugal

You make it sound like that is a bad thing?

So let's hope they turn out like Torosidis who actuallly came from Xanthi. Thats the point of buying these players I think.

We cant buy players from Real Madrid these days.

• 3 weeks later...

^^

The more quality players from overseas purchased challenges the locals to lift their levels to compete for spots and to play against weekly.  In England they have the foreign legion coming in every season and they represent the top 25% of players in the league.

Game time doesnt equal growth.

Growth is achieved from guidance, instruction and practise.  Game time is the practise, but you can often learn the wrong things practising the wrong way.

^ I am an Olympiakos supporter but I disagree with you.... look at England, the league has some top notch players and top teams in the world but the NT sucks because they buy best players as there sole solution to success. Thats not always a bad thing in sports  but I believe the lack of Greek players becoming quality is again not due to poor academies and football teams that are willing to develop these players....that's why the youth never live up to the hype as they get benched or shipped off to oblivion in some random second division tam where to stand out is a touch task.Even with the current economic situation it would make more sense to invest locally lol its cheaper. I've said this in the past numerous times who wasnts to see a team with no local representation? Its not the same when Man U or Chelsea are successful and you cant count less than a handful of English players....is it still an English team? Just my thoughts....

Didn't Inter win the Champions league a few years back with only one Italian on the team? Everyone in Italy was celebrating just the same...We would all prefer that the majority of the players be nationals on our teams but talent is talent and if that talent is better, than they deserve the spot.  All things being equal, then obviously pick the domestic players.  The key is not the 1st teams but the youth development.  If you develop youth, then you wont need to get foreign help as the talent will be infront of you.  You mention England but Spain/Germany import high quality players and they seem to have plenty of Spaniards/Germans coming up the ranks!!!

Germany NT success was a bayern Munich that had a lot of german representation same goes for spain with Barca....when you see less national on these two teams you will  see there respective NT go down like england the most overrated team in the world. Anyways this is a transfer thread...but you get the point 

JVC the Italian league has fallen further than the Greek league.

The Serie A used to be the top league in Europe for many years. These days there is little difference in standard with the GSL. Their clubs have far larger budgets and history so they can pickup the scraps that the top Spanish, German, French and English teams don't want.

I'd go as far as saying the Portuguese league is better than the Italian.

My post sounds outrageous but the facts are that as much as the GSL has stalled the last few years the Serie A is not what it was 10 years ago let alone 20 years ago.

If I was an agent of Greek players I would absolutely try to move them on to the Serie A but that's because the GSL doesn't get the exposure of the Serie A.

AC Milan, Juventus, Inter and Roma were levels better than Barca and Real, Man Utd, Bayern. Last season Roma copped 7 against Bayern. 20 years ago Olympiakos was eating 7 against Juventus. These days a poor PAOK is competing with Fiorentina and Udinese etc.

• Like it 1

But if you put like Sampdoria vs Asteras, Asteras would very likely beat them. Even our top teams can beat top Italian teams; look at Oly vs Juve. Although we lost the second leg we were closed and popped a couple goals in. AEK vs Inter, although it was a friendly Inter had there entire starting lineup on and pushed soooo hard to score and couldn't. Not to mention the game could have gone AEK's way too. I definelty agree Akritis, the Italian league has dropped a lot in the last 5 years. Easily more than the Greek league.

• Like it 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

we need to change the title of this topic. Official and rumours are something completely different when it comes to transfers xD. Id say rename it to official transfer interest etc.

Also Figueira is quite good. we need a solid striker like finbogannsoon and someone on the Left Flank as awinger. 
Gotta sell Da Cosa or Botia and get a decent CB,also seba-hernani are gonners. If fortounis goes we need someone on his place too as dominguez is too old.

• Like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think Kapino could do very well for us, I would have no problem giving him Roberto's spot. At 22 he has loads of potential still. If he does not get the top spot he needs to be loaned out he needs to play.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic