Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

Just to follow up...

Nemeth, Galitsios, Soiledis and Leonardo have all been let go and they are now free agents.

They obvioulsy got rid of Hurtado and acquired Pablo Orbaiz on loan for a year with an option to purchase.

Lastly it looks like Riera will most likely go to Galatasaray for anywhere from $3 to 4.5 Million Euros and he will get a 4 year deal making 3.1-3.5 Million Euros a season. If/when he goes, the team will try and sign a Free Agent, however he will not be eligible to play in the Champion's League until January (I believe)...

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to get rid of a player, this late just before the Champion's League starts.

Also, I think they gave up on Nemeth too quickly... I'v seen Soiledis play some matches and he had looked pretty impressive but I'm assuming he is not a steady player... Don't know about that one... Thoughts?

It's a done deal.

Galatasaray have notified the Stock Market that they have reached an agreement with Albert Riera.

Galatasaray will pay Olympiakos €3M, €2M of which is paid the day the player signs the deal, and the remaining €1M will be paid in 2 installments of €500k in January 2012 and July 2012.

Albert Riera is going to sign a 3+1 year contract, getting €2.7M in his first season, €2.9M in his second, €2.9M in his third and €3M in his additional year if his contract is extended.

Riera's contract will be extended by default if he plays 20 league games in his third season. He will also get €7,5k per game for his full 90 minutes.

Official Announcement

It's a done deal.

Galatasaray have notified the Stock Market that they have reached an agreement with Albert Riera.

Galatasaray will pay Olympiakos €3M, €2M of which is paid the day the player signs the deal, and the remaining €1M will be paid in 2 installments of €500k in January 2012 and July 2012.

Albert Riera is going to sign a 3+1 year contract, getting €2.7M in his first season, €2.9M in his second, €2.9M in his third and €3M in his additional year if his contract is extended.

Riera's contract will be extended by default if he plays 20 league games in his third season. He will also get €7,5k per game for his full 90 minutes.

Official Announcement

It was comming as he didn't perform on the field...

Good Luck to him

• 4 months later...

javito gone on loan in turkey

zaradouka gone on loan to pas

diogo was brought back

yeste was released

rumour has it abdoun, monje and costanzo are next...

sometimes i wonder what valverde is thinking and who exaclty is making these signings at oly.

last day of the transfer period and olympiakos are being heavily linked with hleb and kazim-kazim after marinaki said that no signings will be made..the hleb ruomours seem more realistc to me. i doubt gala will let go of one of their starting players on loan with the option to buy for only 1 million.

hleb is 32, without a club and injury prone...he has been a flop since his days at arsenal..he could be a good signing if he stays fit but i doubt he will be anything too special...he is a player i really liked at arsenal, maybe he can come here and replicate some of that form but to me, it is a gamble signing.

hey, ive got an idea, instead of taking a gamble like hleb, why doesnt valverde just start playing fetfatzidi some more... <_< im sure many olympiako fans will be wondering the same thing...

oly official signed kazim today on loan for 6 months with the option to buy in the summer for 2 mill. hleb was released from barca so he has until thursday to sign onto a club as a free agent...

i searched some forums to see what gala fans reaction was to this..this is what i found:

http://forums.soccerfansnetwork.com/showth...rds-2011/page13

seems these guys dont like him ver much, i know we have some turks in this forum, how do you guys feel? im sure you have a better idea of what kind of player he is than we do...

Colin Kazım Richards aka Kazım Kazım has been loaned out to Olympiacos for €875k. Olympiacos have the option to buy the player for €1.5m until May 31, 2012.

It took me by suprise to see him leave. He played 19 games this season scoring 3 goals. He mainly played as a right winger or a right midfield player in a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-4-2. In his Fener days, he played as striker sometimes.

He is clearly not better than Mirallas, possibly better than Fetfastzidis.

He lacked disipline in his Fenerbahce days but with right guidance from Fatih Terim in Turkish national team and Galatasaray, did well in that department.

He seemed to be a key person for team chemistry this season as his great friendship on and off the pitch with Felipe Melo and Ebue helped them perform superbly. He was our only descent option in the right middle spot, considering other options are not natural right midlle players (Ebue rightback, Engin playmaker, Sercan forward, Aydın leftmiddle).

Phisically, he is strong and fast. Not like a Jibril Cisse or Kader Keita but still good. I'm curius to see what can he do at Olympicos.

He is clearly not better than Mirallas, possibly better than Fetfastzidis.

He lacked disipline in his Fenerbahce days but with right guidance from Fatih Terim in Turkish national team and Galatasaray, did well in that department.

Neco made a good explanation. ''Etsi Ketsi'' signing... Kazım played impressive football some periods in Turkish National Team and Fenerbahce old seasons that he was average in Galatasaray. He is powerful but as Neco mentioned he has some dicipline problems.

He is not too bad player as some GS funs told. I think many of Galatasay Funs couldn't accept him as a player who came from Fenerbahce. Kazim could be helpfull for Olympiakos, at least he could work as much as Riera woked in Galatasaray...

I've seen plenty of Kazim Kazim (or Kazim Richards as he's known here in the UK). He's not Olympiakos material. Certainly not better than Mirallas or Fetfatzidis and I prefer Fuster too. He's physically strong and can strike a ball but he'll flop in my opinion. Not because he's a bad player, but just because he won't improve the team, so what's the point? He's also got an attitude problem and was involved in a "sex scandal" not too long ago. For AEK he'd have been a good signing, for PAO and Olymp he's a squad player as far as i'm concerned

• 2 years later...

olympiakos have signed kostas fortounis, i think this is a really good move for both player and club. fortounis has a 5 year contract, a step up for him from the german second division. lets hope he plays regularly and features in the champions league. 

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Goutas good for Super League , Tzandaris Will make it big someday, Finbogasson and Pardo quite good to be honest, although Im pretty sure Pardo will end up like Dossevi. 

Still waiting for solid CBs though, right now its the only thing we re missing in my humble opinion.

Fortounis,Martinez,Tzandaris,Milivojevic, so many Midfielders yet noone experienced like Dominguez.

We gotta start selling people like Durmaz,Dossevi,Jara,Benitez

We got Finbogannson,Pulido,Ben in front , and Im pretty sure at least one of them will not be what's expected.

Finbo has the name of the killer, Pulido and Ben have shown they are meant to play in leagues far better than SuperLeague.

I dont know, Honestly its getting August and we still have done nothing when it comes to defence, apart from keeping (which there is still a possibility for them to leave) Omar and Massuaku in the defence, Also Botia and Siovas are good enough for subs in my opinion. We literally need 2 Classy defenders.

Apart from that, we have so many Greek youths that will barely play with the team, that need to find a team to be loaned at. 

Idk literally this season seems like it's gonna be terrible. Id give my money on Aek to get the GSL

Rockafeller Skank,

I agree with what your saying, Oly definitely needs some work in the defence. You guys definetly need to get rid of players like dossevi and Durmaz but Benitez is a keeper IMO and an excellent young player. Right now with AEK and PAO rising Oly definetly needs to start signing or they'll finish 3rd or even 4th if Tudor does well with PAOK.

Rockafeller Skank,

I agree with what your saying, Oly definitely needs some work in the defence. You guys definetly need to get rid of players like dossevi and Durmaz but Benitez is a keeper IMO and an excellent young player. Right now with AEK and PAO rising Oly definetly needs to start signing or they'll finish 3rd or even 4th if Tudor does well with PAOK.

Finboganson, Ben, Pulido , Benitez , how many are we gonna keep ? How many are gonna play ?

Actually Olympiacos has put in plenty of bids for good defenders, all have been rejected. The most recent was last week - a bid for  Rafael Toloi of SP for 4 million euros. Good CBs are hard to find. On top of that convincing one to come to Greece..

I cant disagree with you, but putting an extra million for a decent defender isnt a bad idea when your time is ending. ( By that I mean that theres max 10-15 days until every good to play defender has been signed elsewhere.

Ben is not good enough for Osfp...

Jara is a joke....Benitez, Yatabare  and Martinez along with a stack of Greek kids will be off loaded....

the idea of going into UCL with Botia, Siovas scares the hell out of me...

Someone mentioned PAOK???? Unless they sign 3-4 class players they will be out of Europe by August and Tudor will be i Croatia by October....

at the moment I see our best 11 like this...

........................Roberto..........................

Omar.........Siovas......Botia............Massuaku

.......................Milivojevic................

................Kasami................Dominguez............

Pardo......................................................Fortounis

..........................Fingo.............................

Roberto, Mili, Botia, Omar, Kasami,  Massuaku might be gone????  we are in deep poo...

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic