Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

Thrylos dont see the glass half empty just yet. ;) :D Keep the faith brother.

You got a point.

It is just that I've been let down so many times and the whole state of Greek soccer frustrates me with all these mediocre foreigners getting playing time ahead of mediocre Greek players.

Seeing lineups of Aris, PAOK, and OSFP filled with foreigners that just don't have it when I feel that there are good, hungry, Greek young players on the bench is hard.

When OSFP had foreign players like Rivaldo, Zahovitc, Giovanni, Djoerdjevic I was all good. All these top notch foreign players. I just look at the guys OSFP has and they don't impress me that much.

I mean we get rid of Kyrgiakos Papadopoulos of 3.5 million euro (great transfer by the way) but how much could we have gotten if he actually played more that 80 minutes all season. I would hate to see all these young Greeks not make it over washed out has been foreigners.

This year it is the perfect year to not bring in half ass players and give our youth a chance to develop.

I will keep my mouth shut on this matter from now on in and see how it unfolds.

your team is filled with foreigners and stripped of greek talents...g. papadopoulos wont play this year...thrylos i agree with you..for instance, is it necesarry to sign holebas? could oly not have promoted or brought a young greek player at the same level if not better? its all kind of sad in my opinion...this is a great year for oly to let their promising youngster get minutes...players like soiledis and niklitsiotis are more then good enough to play against mid to low level greek teams..they dont have start but there is room to get them them some quality time...but instead you are signing medium level foreigners...i think everyone already knows my opinion on these matters..

in order to be not only a successful NT but a successful and competitive league, our top teams need to be promoting young homegrown talent...i get happy when i see players like marinos and ioannidis sign for pao.. and manolas and gentsoglou get promoted into aeks first team...its good for the league and good for our ethniki...

Guys i am in favor for greek talent and all but lets be honest here for a minute.This is Greece we are talking about and not England.Here teams,players,coaches and presidents dont get enough time from the fans if they dont produce results right away.With the exception of maybe AEK because of the bad finances,everybody else is forced to get the foreigner that will make the newspapers to sell more copies and the fans happy that the teams got "world class" talent.The good greek young guys are always overpriced when teams like OSFP or PAO are interested in them.K.Papadopoulos for me was a great talent and i would like to see him still here but it was a better move for his career the new team and league that he will be playing.Example is Ninis at Pao,great player but it took how many years and how many coaches to actually see many playing minutes??? Pao paid how much for Spyropoulos and what was the price tag for Tzavela from Panionios??almost as much as Riera costed from Liverpool..The good thing is that Marinakis looks like he has a plan for our academy guys and the 3 of them going to OFI we play and get more battle ready since there new team wants to come back in the SL.Time will tell really.Also the young players on the big clubs need to get lucky like Manolas did for AEK.If Maistorovic was not selled and with Dellas coming this year i dont think that he would have gotten as many minutes as he might see now..

Anyway,the news of the day:

1)Moises Hurtado arrives in greece today at 16.00 local gr time.He will go for his physical test and then he will sign his 3 year contract.

2)Maresca is supposed to make his decision today if he agrees to the solutions that Marinakis gave his manager so he can depart from our club for good.Oscar might follow.

3)Some greek newspapers are mentioning that if Maresca leaves,Olympiakos will also sign William Venker but we have to wait and see about that.

4)Papazoglou is also supposed to be signing with us but then staying to his current club,(Panseraikos) for 1 more year.

5)Now we have the "i dont believe rumours but lets type them anyway" that Olympiakos might also go for Blanco and Morras but as i said earlier i see that mucho xlomo...

6)PAE Olympiakos will officialy present Pantelic,Nemeth,Fuster and Moises to the press and fans thursday.

champions of the transfer market? hahahaha

why, bc you changed your whole team?

Pao123 my friend,we are champios for the value of transfers and to say otherwise is just bad math. :P

If all or most of them are succesfull that is another ball game but when Pao did 5 total transfers,AEK also 4-5 and we are in 15 what you want me to call that so you are ok???we did few??? :LOL: :LOL:

kavala signed like 20 players last year...were they the champions of last years transfer season?

just bc you spend money doesnt mean your buying quality...in my eyes, the transfer season is based on the quality of your signings and the qualities of your dealings and how they fit into your squad....its not just about throwing money around (ie real madrid these last few years) giving a player like pantelic 1.6 million a year is not very quality deal for me....or signing players like fuster...i would rather spend 2 mill a year on djib and gilberto and 1.6 for a 24 yr old leto then 1.6 for 32 yr old pantelic...to me, thats just throwing money around, not making smart transfers...signing three 'good' players over 32 for your starting line up doesnt seem too great to me...i believe marinakis could have spent his money alot more wisely...

just different opinions i guess...

We got a long way to have team cohesion like PAO

We have better players than last year and a better bench also but dont tell them that.... ;) :D

Compared to what we had last year.

Papazoglou is exepcted to sign his contract with us but then he will retutn to his club for 1 year.That will be the last transfer of the summer.Vasilogiannis and Valerianos are going to be leaving on a loan for 1 year to play at Ethikos.

Later news about this case.Papazoglou signed his 5 year contract and the official statement to take place by Monday.14 and last transfer.

There is also a rumour in England that Olympiakos is trying to get Damien Plesy,a 22yr french DM from Liverpool on a 1 year loan but that information is not confirmed by Olympiakos as of yet.Valverde has said that he is ok with our current roster and since tomorrow is the last transfer day we will find out soon enough.

• 3 months later...

Olympiakos so far has not made any deals yet but it seems that the Maniatis transfer to Olympiakos-Mitroglou on a loan and some money deal with Panionios is a posibility.AEK has also made an offer already but Panionios turned that offer down.

Olympiakos asked the price for the 22yr old Ivan Rakitits of Schalke but the 11 mil for 3 year demand of the player is too much for Olympiakos at this moment.

Then we have a big list of names that have made the newspapers that as always include Castillo as 1 of the names but i wont post anything unless i see a signed paper for any of the players that olympiakos is "looking at".

I know that Milan put an 8 mil euros fee on him if anybody wants to buy him out.That is why yesterday they were saying that he might stay in Italy untill the summer but who really knows???

Olympiakos is doing some movements today since Manolis Moniakis from OFI has gone to our main offices and he is ready to sign a 4 year deal but he will go on a loan to Panionios propably with Mitroglou and 500k as we get Giannis Maniatis from them.

Moniakis and Mitroglou have both said yes to go on a loan for 6 months to Panionios and also Olympiakos to pay 400k now and another 400k summer time but former Panionios president Tsakiris is asking for an extra 200k...

I know that this is going to sound CRAZY, but what are the chances that Ronaldinho coming to us?

My brother in law says that LA Galaxy is looking on paying him 120mill and ofcourse there are reposrts that he might be going back to Brazil...

Anyone?

I'm sure Marinakis may have inquired but that's it.

He wants to go to Brazil and play with Gremio (I believe) and with this way (he believes) he will be able to play for the National team again.

Moniakis and Mitroglou have both said yes to go on a loan for 6 months to Panionios and also Olympiakos to pay 400k now and another 400k summer time but former Panionios president Tsakiris is asking for an extra 200k...

Wow, isn't Tsakiris a little greedy? A million?

I mean $800,000 Euro and 2 loan players isn't shabby at all.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic