Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

Ok,the news of the day.

1)Moises Hurtado case looks to be going ok,since Olympiakos raised his offer and Espanyol lower its demands.They are asking for 2.5 mil now,Olympiakos is offering a little over 1.5 mil and propably somewhere between those numbers we might have a deal.

2)Olympiakos might be going for 2 strikers if a team shows up and actually matches the numbers that are demanded by Olympiakos in order to allow the player to depart on a loan this year.Whoever wants Diogo need to pay his yearly contract of 1mil and also give another 1 mil to Olympiakos for the yes....

3)In case that scenario 2 happens Olympiakos and Valverde have Mate Bilic of Sporting Xixon and Kalou Utse of Almeria as posible targets while Luis Garcia was offered by Espanyol to Olympiakos since they signed yesterday Sergio Garcia but the starting price of Luis,3.5mil makes it difficult for the player to come to our club.

http://www.sentragoal.gr/article.asp?catid...&pubid=41174657

fuster is not really an out and out striker so how is he suppose to replace derbyshire...he is more of an attacking midfielder, second striker...he is not an upgrade to what you already have, he certainly is not a better striker than derbyshire...

The article that you have is saying that Fuster is a DM while the guy is striker playing mostly outside the striking zone.I dont know what will actually happen.Diogo and Mitroglou playing as CF and Mirallas and Fuster playing as support???i dont know...i want to see the DM spot filled first.....also everybody is mentioning from time to time of bigger names as a striker,i dont know...

Also something else that i dont like the last few days....according to greek press,Hurtado had a 12mil starting price for him,then Espanyol was asking for 3.5mil and Olympiakos was giving 1mil.Now Olympiakos is giving 1.2 mil and not over 1.6mil like they were saying earlier and Espanyol wants 1.7mil......

If you really want a player,you go and finish the deal like Real did with Ozil today,hello how much you want,take it and done....

We need to finish up our roster at some point.....

yeah..his primary role is as a second striker and attacking midfielder...im not saying it bc of whatever the article says, im saying it bc i saw him play a handful of times last season...the article is obviously wrong

if i were an oly fan i would be pretty dissapointed with this...if this is what valverde is shooting for its pretty mediocre in my opinion...the player is 28 and has a year (not even really) of top flight football...

a striker does not play outside the striking zone, if that is the case he is considered a SS or AM.

you could also claim him as a forward bc tecnically a CF and a striker are not the same positions...but that is determined 'technically' by small details...

when did this game get so confusing :D

yeah..his primary role is as a second striker and attacking midfielder...im not saying it bc of whatever the article says, im saying it bc i saw him play a handful of times last season...the article is obviously wrong

if i were an oly fan i would be pretty dissapointed with this...if this is what valverde is shooting for its pretty mediocre in my opinion...the player is 28 and has a year (not even really) of top flight football...

a striker does not play outside the striking zone, if that is the case he is considered a SS or AM.

He is 28 years old but last year he got promoted to the first team.....and he is good for us???I dont know.I like to see everything set and done before i judge the whole summer thing and the squad.We will be a lot better than last year,no doubt about that but lets get all our players in the boat first...

Fuster is an AM but he can also play as CF.....happy now pao123??? :P :D

And some good news by me at least.Valverde called today Niklitsioti,Vasilogianni and Vaderson that they are going to be given on a loan this year so they get more playing time but that means that Fetfatzidis,Soiledis,Potouridis and Katsikogiannis will stay with the team this year and we might see them actually getting some chances.

Today the news are:

1)Fuster closed and done expected to be in Greece tomorrow.1.2mil the transfer fee and 400k per year for 3 years for the player.

2)In the Hurtado front, Olympiakos raised the offer to the 1.6-1.7mil range and Espanyol has said yes but there is a difference between the player and our club since the player wants a little over 800k that he is paid right now by Espanyol while Olympiakos offer is around 600-700k a year.I personally believe that this deal at some point this week will be done since Marinakis already it seems that he wants to give Valverde most of the players that the coach has asked for.

3)Moralis today verified that Olympiakos wants Diogo to leave on a loan since the player has not performed according to his price tag and when that happens the club will move for another striker.

One of the interesting things that i read last night is that if the deal with Flamengo goes through,the player will get his 1 mil,Olympiakos will get somewhere around 600-800k for 1 year and also,and that is the funny part,there is an 18mil option to buy for next year...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :D

Diogo leaving for me is a big plus,the boy prefered the nightclubs and his drinks and his girlfriends way more than actually performing for the club last year so already we have a dead part of the organization going.A part that has costed you 9.5mil to get.....In his place you get a guy that in the worse case scenario he will be evenly average but you wont pay him 1 mil,you actually give him 400k and he is a choice of you new coach,agreed so far??Plus the player will acvtually try harder just because the coach asked for him and he is the one that promoted him last year.Coach actually getting what he wants and giving him the tools to prove on the pitch his vision.I can leave with that also...

Now Derbyshire,one of the guys i actually like but he NEVER did well as a starter in any of the games that he started,agree there i hope??That boy has seen 4-5 different coaches on the club but he was never really trusted as a starting choice by any of them,so why keep someone that your new coach does not feel that he can use??

I judge the whole summer moves and not just 1 or 2 parts of it.Olympiakos unfortunatelly had many needs.Many player left and many new guys coming in,heck i really believe that we are not even done yet but i will tell you what i see so far and what i believe that we will see this upcoming year.

A team that will controll the ball for most of the game,a team that is going to be fast on the sides and a team that will create many more scoring opportunities that last year.Hopefully a team that will play s HELL a lot more atractive soccer than most of last season.Defence is going to be ok again this year but now it wont need to be as busy or crazy active as last year since we are having players that can actually hold the ball longer at midfield and not lose it by stupid mistakes left and right.We have 2-3 guys to cover the AM spot with different characteristics that can actually help/create or score,Riera and Rommendahl on the sides doing the work than a Djole and Galletti used to do,with some differences ofcource but imrovement from last year no matter what you say....with Hurtado you get a guy that can cover and free Dudu so i feel pretty good about that center field also....

Now the main striker is the X factor.Mitroglou has a HUMANGOUS opportunity this year that he needs to take advantage of.Olympiakos will try to get another striker,that is a given thing but the youngster needs to work hard,be serious and take care of the chances that appear in front of him.It might be good for Olympiakos and for our NT if that boy gets it...

Maresca and Oscar now,i dont care if they stay or go to be honest.Maresca as a DM can not cut it anymore but as a simple CM,coming of the bench i think he can be fine.Oscar is a player that i have no problem with him,the guy whenever he has played and in whichever spot that he was used he is trying to make the most out of it.He is not a game changer/imrover super star but he also not a disaster creation player.

If Fuster and Hurtado stories have a happy end,i will just wait to see the CF decision and then i can tell you more.

It is different for Pao that needed 2+3 additions this year to complete the roster since last year the main parts were put together and it is a different story Olympiakos with that many holes this year in the roster that most of them are being covered with players that a)are extra expensive with the new taxation system in greece and b)come to a club with a new president,a new coach in a rebuild team.

Me as 1000% gavros i am extremelly ok so far.I will give everybody time to prove what is what ;) :D

Olympiakos apparently has become good friends with Liverpool since a few hours after Pao said that he stops the talks with the english club since Pao could not get the deal for the player on a 1 year loan and the option to buy for next year,Olympiakos went straight to buy the player and Liverpool said yes.Now Olympiakos and the player need to agree on his salary.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/287954

Valverde didn't deny that Diogo is leaving, he simply said that Diogo is part of the squad and considers him as a result when picking the team.

To be fair Diogo is 23, he's still young. Instead of Nemeth you should have signed 2 top class strikers and then have Mitroglou and Diogo on the bench. But with the way you're going i have to agree with Niko.. GLENTIAAAAAAAAA :P

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic