Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

Today we have gone greek according to the press in our lovely country.Apostolos Vellios(FW) of Iraklis(also AEK has interest in him) and of course Tasos Papazoglou(CB) from Panseraikos are the targets.For Vellios Olympiakos wants to buy his rights now but leave him to play for 1 more year for Iraklis while Papazoglou the offer is going to be around 350.000 euros + 1 youngster as a loaner.Just for information purposes Panseraikos demands a month ago was 800.000 euros so i dont want anybody to say why not many greeks in our squad...... B)

From the foreign market we only have speculations and many maybes.....Ilan and Padelic are for the striker position and Tziolis and Boateng for the defensive midfield spots....

Kumortzi name should be tossed out since Marinakis yesterday after the game he was asked from some Olympiakos fans about him and he said:

usually a teams asking price is never the price that is in the final agreement...

the reason why there arent any greeks on your side is not bc they are THAT expensive, maybe they are a bit overprices but im sure the teams can agree to this player for 500.000 (i could give you about 100 examples of this)..its bc the club prefers to fill the spots on the team with foreign player bc they think that will make the fans happy...

instead of slowly integrating younger talent or talent from the youth team into the club, they go out and buy some mediocre foreign player, send the young guys on loan and they end up playing in low level or b ethniki teams their whole careers...ive seen so much potential WASTED bc a big club send a promising player to kallithea or ionikos (ktl) on loan and they never develop...

im not just saying this for OLY, it just happends to be a good example this year...it isnt just oly, so im not attacking your club, please dont think i am, its most clubs throughout greece..we have this complex that overpaying for a foreign player is a better solution then integrating younger talent into the team that could potentially be the future of the club...(eg ninis, mitroglou)

the only reason panathinaikos are giving young talent a chance is bc they have a greek coach how knows the young players around the country...

the only reason aek is doing it is bc they have no money to buy 'big name' players...

where would ninis be now if munoz never gave him a chance and integrating him..and mitroglou? they would be roting at some crap club...

i hope oly buy both players...and PLAY them bc in 4, 5 years they have the potential to be the stars of our country on an INTL LEVEL...pay 700,000 for them now, get multiple millions some years down the line....the talent is there, our top team have to USE THEM...

sorry for the long post, i just see so much great talent wasted and it annoys the hell out of me...instead we see players like holebas, bousaidi and other mediocre foreigners at our club...(and we both know, panathinaikos have had TONS of these)

usually a teams asking price is never the price that is in the final agreement...

the reason why there arent any greeks on your side is not bc they are THAT expensive, maybe they are a bit overprices but im sure the teams can agree to this player for 500.000 (i could give you about 100 examples of this)..its bc the club prefers to fill the spots on the team with foreign player bc they think that will make the fans happy...

instead of slowly integrating younger talent or talent from the youth team into the club, they go out and buy some mediocre foreign player, send the young guys on loan and they end up playing in low level or b ethniki teams their whole careers...ive seen so much potential WASTED bc a big club send a promising player to kallithea or ionikos (ktl) on loan and they never develop...

im not just saying this for OLY, it just happends to be a good example this year...it isnt just oly, so im not attacking your club, please dont think i am, its most clubs throughout greece..we have this complex that overpaying for a foreign player is a better solution then integrating younger talent into the team that could potentially be the future of the club...(eg ninis, mitroglou)

the only reason panathinaikos are giving young talent a chance is bc they have a greek coach how knows the young players around the country...

the only reason aek is doing it is bc they have no money to buy 'big name' players...

where would ninis be now if munoz never gave him a chance and integrating him..and mitroglou? they would be roting at some crap club...

i hope oly buy both players...and PLAY them bc in 4, 5 years they have the potential to be the stars of our country on an INTL LEVEL...pay 700,000 for them now, get multiple millions some years down the line....the talent is there, our top team have to USE THEM...

sorry for the long post, i just see so much great talent wasted and it annoys the hell out of me...instead we see players like holebas, bousaidi and other mediocre foreigners at our club...(and we both know, panathinaikos have had TONS of these)

YES!!!

You have hit the nail on the head.

I've been saying this for years.

i mean for instance...you bought giannis papadopoulos from iraklis for around 800,000 euros, and now you signed ibagaza, you have maresca and dudu and looking to sign another centre midfielder...sure they all play slightly different roles, but where and when he is going to get a chance to play...he is 21 and with first team TOP football could turn into an absolutely fantastic player while in the process replace our ageing national team midfield..he doesnt have to start but play him for god sakes, instead you will have a 34 yr old ibagaza who probably wont be able to play a full 90 minutes...

you replace the other papadopoulos with modesto... :(

you have fetfatzidis and soiledis who for me are two of the most talented young players in the nation..incorporate them into the team...they are turning 20...they are good enough to start against lower to mid level super league teams...fetfatzidis especially...

niklitsiotis played in dubai last year at that mini-tournament thing and he scored a bunch of goals and looked absolutely incredible...but instead oly are going to buy a player like pantelic or something...

i know this is alittle exaggerated and not 100%relevant but look at barca specifically players like busquets and pedro...slowly guardiola incorportated them into the squad and low and behold they both made HUGE progress and were stars for the national team in the world cup...when busquets came into the barca team, the fans werent really that thrilled but look at what happend...he started in spains midfield that won the world cup...

its just sad that all these players exist in our country but will probably only end up mediocre players bc they dont have a team or coach to support and build their talent professionally...instead of turning into the leaders and figureheads of our nation....

ok, im done...sorry :D

PAO123

Bottom line to all of this "transfer crap" that happens is that in Greece we don't have anything to back up and to promote our academy programs... We have some great young talent that will give their heart and soul on the field and we just shove them to the curb, and they get lost.

Many names are still likned to us but i believe that Olympiakos is trying for Arevalo Rios,1.5-1.8 mil euros for 3 year contract and player salary 600k a year http://www.xn--capearol-g3a.org/data/conte...io-arevalo-rios and Jo propably on a loan (under 1 mil euro) since his starting asking price is 10 mil euros http://mcfc.co.uk/Players/Strikers/Jo.

I'm getting tired of all these mnames all the time.

I feel your pain but i have some new ones today..... :D

Posible names linked to Olympiakos:Skoko(AEK),Mrtza,Venker,Cena,Subinio,Nekounam,Alpin,Alditop,Papazoglou,Baptista.

Posible departures:Diogo to Benfica(maybe) and Maresca to any team that shows up.

Papazoglou from Panseraikos and Subinio from Ethnikos by 99.9% will both be transfered to Olympiakos with the announcements to happen later today but both players are going to be given on a 1 year loan to Panseraikos so they get more playing time.

We had a small change in my previous post,Papazoglou will actually stay with Olympiakos this year.He will be the 4th center back behind Melberg,A.Papadopoulos and Modesto.Panseraikos in return will get 350.000 euros + Subinio on a 1 year loan.

You see pao123,we try to get some greeks..... :D :P :D

We had a small change in my previous post,Papazoglou will actually stay with Olympiakos this year.He will be the 4th center back behind Melberg,A.Papadopoulos and Modesto.Panseraikos in return will get 350.000 euros + Subinio on a 1 year loan.

You see pao123,we try to get some greeks..... :D :P :D

yeah but he will not play...probably not even vs smaller teams...im sure we'll only see him in the kypello if even that...

in my opinion oly should have skipped the useless signing of modesto....he will see time instea of papazoglou...

You see pao123,we try to get some greeks..... :D  :P  :D

yeah but he will not play...probably not even vs smaller teams...im sure we'll only see him in the kypello if even that...

in my opinion oly should have skipped the useless signing of modesto....he will see time instea of papazoglou...

Modesto is taking Zevakow spot but only as a center back.Papazoglou needs time,different to play for Panseraikos and a whole different story to play for Olympiakos.

According to the turkish and spanish press Olympiakos is fighting with Galatasaray for the signature of Baptista of Roma and with Fenerbache for the signature of Dekunam of Osasuna.

I personally believe that actually at this moment this is more managers that make the most commotion since Baptista has sadi no officially to to the turkish team and has stated that he will leave Roma only for a club of a big league,Spanish or english one.Dekunam has said that he prefers to stay in Osasuna and his club had said that it was easier to sell the player a month ago than it is right now since there is not enough time to replace departing players.

Valverde is to make his decision by tomorrow and talk to the management regarding the players and spots that he needs so all this i believe is just PR...

The only thing that i have heard today and i semi believe is about Vellios of Iraklis that Olympiakos is trying to close today.

Moises Hurtado of Espanyol is the player that Valverde has asked for as a DM and according to the press Olympiakos is already in talks with the club to complete this transfer.Espanyol was asking for 3 mil,Olympiakos offered a little above 1 but the spanish press believes that somewhere around 1.5 -2 mil will make it happen.The player offer is for 3 years and 900.000 per year.Also Oscar might be given as a trade in.

The striker is more complicated since we have the names of Sergio Garcia of Betis and Luis Garcia of Espanyol.Betis apparently is in talks with Espanyol for this player with his transfer price to be 1.8 mil euros.Olympiakos might be able to offer more money and get this player or in the other hand Olympiakos might wait for that transfer to go well for Espanyol and then try to get Luis Garcia from them.His price is around the 2mil area.

Moises Hurtado of Espanyol is the player that Valverde has asked for as a DM and according to the press Olympiakos is already in talks with the club to complete this transfer.Espanyol was asking for 2.5 mil,Olympiakos offered a little above 1 but the spanish press believes that somewhere around 1.5mil will make it happen.The player offer is for 3 years and 900.000 per year.

The striker name is more complicated since Valverde asked for Sergio Garcia of Betis but the player is close on signing with Espanyol for 1.8mil.Olympiakos might offer the same amount + Oscar as a counter offer.

I don't know much about Sergio Garcia... Anyways, is he a good player?

Also, has Hurtado ever played for his national team?

Subinio of Ethnikos is already in our Plateia Alexandras office ready to sign with our club.The player will stay with the team for a few days and get tested by Valverde and if he shows that he is ready he will stay otherwise he will be given to Panseraikos for 1 year loan.

Moises Hurtado of Espanyol is the player that Valverde has asked for as a DM and according to the press Olympiakos is already in talks with the club to complete this transfer.Espanyol was asking for 2.5 mil,Olympiakos offered a little above 1 but the spanish press believes that somewhere around 1.5mil will make it happen.The player offer is for 3 years and 900.000 per year.

The striker name is more complicated since Valverde asked for Sergio Garcia of Betis but the player is close on signing with Espanyol for 1.8mil.Olympiakos might offer the same amount + Oscar as a counter offer.

I don't know much about Sergio Garcia... Anyways, is he a good player?

Also, has Hurtado ever played for his national team?

Sergio Garcia and Luis Garcia videos and some stats:

http://www.redplanet.gr/html/ent/511/ent.273511.asp

Moises Hurtado:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mois%C3%A9s_Hurtado

All of them are better from what we have right now.Also they are players that Valverde knows so i am ok with that 2.Not crazy money involved or asked for and they look upgrades to our roster.Especially if we also get rid of Oscar,i will be double happy.... :tup:

Now i will only have to wait for Marecsa and Diogo to get the hell out....but for Diogo,Valverde said that he will give him untill christmas time to show improvement...

moises i have seen in action live alot...i used to live in barcelona and went to both espanyol and barca games.....he is a good players, a hard runner but not great technically...his tackling is his strong point but he is often very very reckless in his challenges as a result of poor positioning...

personally i think the 3.5 million is alittle much for him...he is pretty good but nothing great...the reason why his price is higher than it should be is because he is loved by the fans for his long term commitment to the club...i think oly can get someone better, but valverde wants him, just like he wanted oscar

he has never featured for the national team...

sergio garcia is a good player, much more attacking minded and played in the segunda last year bc after betis got relegated, they wanted too much for him as they bought him for like 9 million...regardless, i always highly rated him as a player but it looks like he is all but sealed at espanyol...

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic