Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

i wouldnt trust wikkipedia...

Also Ben arfa is way to good for the greek league; i would be very suprised if he came

It's in all the sports papers too. In fact it was the French media that first reported it.

Ben Arfa isn't that good though. He's got a lot of talent but he's so greedy and a little one dimensional too.

All Ben Arfa is is a telented..a very talented prospect.

There is no guarantee he will rip up the league. Bellusci didnt.

Ben Arfa was a failure at Lyon and Marseille. a Massive failure togo along with his price tag

His problem is that he's too much of an individual. He's a renegade, both on and off the pitch. On the pitch he's greedy and doesn't understand the concept of "a team". He'll pick the ball up, go past 1, 2, 3 players, then what? He runs into trouble. He wants to do it all on his own and he's one dimensional.

Off the pitch he ruins a team's spirit with his attitude and unprofessional behaviour (clubbing, etc). For 8 million he's a major risk.

I do think Belluschi was a very good player for Olympiakos but alot of what he did wasn't obvious. He's a Deco type player, Olympiakos fans expected a Rivaldo type. But Belluschi's value is now evident because he's so much better than Maresca for them.

the problem is that the Greek mentality is poor in these situations. No matter what there is always negativity. I've heard people saying that maybe Ziko is not the answer as the coach.

WTF peoples. Sir Alex Fergenson's Manchester United LOST 3-0 to FULHAM. That is right 3-0. If Olympiakos lost 3-0 everyone would want everyone's heads cut off.

Bring in younger players, Greek players and let them gel for a few seasons. You will see the results. No stop gaps

I inculded wages in there because thats what greek press does....

Like sayin Ben arfa would cost 18 million.. when its 8 to Mars and 9.3 to the player...

I heard they spent somethign like 9 million GBP on Andy Johnson.... I could be wrong...

Its got to be more then 20 million euro in two years anyway... no way they only signed 2 players this summer...

I inculded wages in there because thats what greek press does....

Like sayin Ben arfa would cost 18 million.. when its 8 to Mars and 9.3 to the player...

I heard they spent somethign like 9 million GBP on Andy Johnson.... I could be wrong...

Its got to be more then 20 million euro in two years anyway... no way they only signed 2 players this summer...

Oh ok, yeah then Greek teams simply can't compete because the wages are astronomical in the Prem.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to compete on the field though. Our clubs also have something they don't a 12th man in the stands ;)

Edited by Euro2004

The game is much quicker in the uk as well.. especially england...

Fullham has a great home field... craven i think it is?

plus lots of prem teams get players at a young age as well and dont pay high transfer fees.

everton raped AEK and they are 15th in the league.

Its just different kinda game out there... greek mentality is what needs to change

everton raped AEK and they are 15th in the league.

Its just different kinda game out there... greek mentality is what needs to change

AEK is 9th out of 16 teams

Everton is 16th out of 20 teams

Both teams SUCK in hteir domestic leagues. The difference is as you said the Greek Mentality.

Now the greek press has a new name so untill i see a signed contract i dont believe anything......the only thing that i know is that Olympiakos needs 3 players and not 2 as our management and president thinks or keeps saying.LW,AM and FW.

Now the greek press has a new name so untill i see a signed contract i dont believe anything......the only thing that i know is that Olympiakos needs 3 players and not 2 as our management and president thinks or keeps saying.LW,AM and FW.

what will happen when diogo and if derbishire come back?

does mitroglou get the bench?

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year to all fans RED GREEN YELLOW etc fans :tup:

I was wondering whats happend to all our THRYLOS fans.The second round is only 2 days away and they must be still stuffed from all the food and cakes during the break :P

KOKKALHS will bring a big name player to our club in the next couple of weeks so log back in ASAP :LOL: :LOL:

Castigio would be nice with a Brazilian no 10

All the best for 2010 to all Phantis fans

ELLAS will also kick arse in the World Cup :gr:

• 6 months later...

Ok,again i am running kind of late so i will try to make up for lost time.Olympiakos new transfer faces for the upcoming season:

1)Meyeri Balaz-Goalkeeper

2)Modesto Francoua-Center Defender

3)Holebas Hose-Left Back

4)Ibagaza Ariel-Midfielder

5)Rommendahl Dennis-Right Wingman

6)Epstain Denis-Left Wingman

7)Miralas Kevin-Forward

8)Riera Albert-Left Wingman*

*signing a contract in the next 24hrs.

Also Olympiakos is supposedly in talks or let me rephrase it better,Newspapers and sites have linked Olympiakos as trying to get 1 or 2 from a list that has the names of Baptista,Gattuso,Ndayie,Sena.

Busy summer dont you guys think??

i want to raise a question..and though it seems like crazy is the only real OLY fan posting at all in forum i want to know how you feel about this....

the club has let one of the best young greek talents go and has signed 8 foreigners...nikopolidis, torosidis and avraam will be the only greek players expected to be permanently in your starting line up..you could argue mitroglou, but i doubt he will be starting week in, week out, regardless, i hope to see him used and developed...other than that the club has galitsios and gianni papadopoulos (who probably wont see much time bc of all the foreigners)

from a neutral perspective i see pao this year giving a significant amount of time to players young talents like ninis and marinos and with players like ioannidis, lazaro and petropoulo being back ups. not to mention to old guard in karagounis, katsouranis, vyntra, tzorvas and spyropoulos (who is still only 26)

paok are developing talent like maleza and papazoglou...they also have koutsianikoulis who hopefully will be used more and more...not to mention salpi, chalkias and fotakis.

aek have young talents like gentsoglou, makos, manolas, argyriou and a star waiting to be born in intzoglou(everyone heard it here, this player is one to watch), who will all see good time this year...also having karabelas, arabatzis and lagos who are all still at a good age 25-26..they have lymbe, kafes and dellas there too which will definitly help the younger players.

then you look at aris who had a team with nearly all foreigners last year picking up players like kasnaferis, papazaharia, mendrinos not too mention sifakis (25) aravidis (who should develop into a nice little player) and the older players like lazaridis and prittas...

what im trying to ask is do you see any opportunity for your youth talent(which oly has alot of quality youth players) with all the foreigners in there...how is that going to effect the greek national team in the future..and how do you as fans see that?

dont we want our best talent playing at our best teams? look what happen to inter and italy this year...this is a direct result of young italian players not getting the chance to develop at their top clubs...i am happy pao, aris and especially AEK (who have ALOT of great young talent that will play, not to mention players like pliatsikas and sokratis that have moved on) and i was pretty dissapointed to see papadopoulos leave oly to be replaced by modesto...

is it that important to oly to take back the league this year as to neglect the development or existance of greeks in the squad?

Damn that is a long post. :LOL:

K.Papadopoulos unfortunatelly was dealt before Marinakis became president and Shalke has been checking him out for many years so you can not say no when a team from a better league goes after your player.I would have kept him and used him but as you know i am not the coach or president.

Olympiakos has some younster,less developt that most of the players and teams that you have mentioned,Katsikogiannis,Soiledis,Fetfatzidis,Valerianos,Niklitsiotis,Vanderson,Vasilogiannis that for many reasons but the biggest for me,the fact that Olympiakos has not kept a coach for more than a year or months have not found a spot or seen the opportunities that they should.

I really believe that most of them again this year are going to be given on loans so they can see more playing time than the limited or nothing at all playing time that they will have staying on the bench all year long.

I believe that Linen the ones that he will keep,he will actually use,so i expect to see an improvement on that,the greek young talent(Fetfatzidis-Katsikogiannis-Valerianos).

Few of the names that you have in your lists tho are not players that came from the teams academy,examples,Koutsianikolis-Petropoulos-Ioanidis-makos and to be honest,all of them or most of them dont see real playing time either.Here and there maybe.

Olympiakos even when he tries to buy a young or talented greek player from another team,the price gets insanelly high,example was Tzavelas,how much was Panionios starting price 3mil euro or somewhere there.

Me personally,it does not bother me that we dont have as many greeks as we used to or that the rest have now.You can not have or find players with the talents of Giannakopoulos,Mavrogenidis,Gergatos and the rest players that we used to have appear in your club every year.

I prefer few and good/great ones than many and average.Again that is only my humble personal opinion.To get better greek talent and to make it better,you need a Bajevic style coach to stay on them and work with them for a few years,with a new guy every 2-3 months and the insanity of results and wins right away from all of us,there is no way to honestly make anything better.

PS.Just for the record the club did not let Papadopoulos go,his father raised hell that he wanted his son to get more playing time and more money and had the Shalke offer on his hands...Olympiakos just did not fight the players and his family wishes.

OK,crazy new reports from Italy say that Julio Cesar Baptista has agreed to the offer by Olympiakos for a transfer that is going to cost around 6 mil Euros.

For the ones that speak italian:

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/se...+l%27Olympiacos

For the greek people:

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...cos/282072.html

To be 100% honest,if Olympiakos really gets Baptista and Gattuso like the news from greece and Italy say,sorry to say that but i will chacnge my name to Total-insane and i will get a tatoo that will say Marinaki eisai trela.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Brazilian striker Julio Baptista is weighing up his future following the arrival of Adriano.

He has been linked with Greek side Olympiacos, who are prepared to offer up to €6 million for his services.

But Sky Sport Italia reports a number of Spanish sides including Real Zaragoza and Almeria have looked at the hitman, but the Olympiacos deal seems at an advanced stage with his Italian agent Alessandro Lucci having reportedly just come back from Greece.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy/20...aptista-heading

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic