Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

The latest names to be linked are:

Newcaslte's left winger and the Argentine international: Joonas Guttierez. He's not too disimilar from Leto. He's big, strong, quick and explosive. He runs with the ball well but isn't the most technical of players. His decision making and crossing aren't great but his work rate is very high. He could be a good player.

Inter's Mancini: A very skillful left winger that likes to drift into the middle so he can play as a play-maker or forward. He doesn't want to come to Greece though.

Napoli's Denis: a striker that had an excellent goalscoring record in Argentina but has failed to make an impact in Italy.

Pantelic: Former Hertha striker and Croatian international striker that is now available on a free transfer

Edited by Euro2004

Let me ask you guys this....

Would you prefer our club go after a player that's going to be on a LOAN basis or someone we can buy outright??? I realize that it's based on a the player that's available but most of the time I see that players that are on loan are the "better" ones if you can't afford the ones that are on sale....

Does anyone know much about these players that have been mentioned lately?

Euro204 already mentioned Guttierez, Denis, Pantellic and of course the more known Mancini.

What about Obraniak, Gereiro, Milinkovic (21 year old Serb)? Are they fast players etc?

It would also be nice if they had another quick forward, like Lua Lua, Castillo type player.

I think the team needs a bit more speed at left midfield (Galletti at left type player) and a fast forward. Soiledis? Good young, quick player... Needs playing time and maturity.

With Derbyshire injured, I can see why the coach only plays with one forward. I would like to see a 4-4-2 for some more offense at some point.

the 4-2-3-1 has a lot of offense. the 3 mids have a lot of freedom to move up and attack as there are in essense 6 defenders.

Yes that's true.

I guess what I was trying to say was, it would be nice to have Diogo and Mitroglou playing together on the field at the same time. Thus the 4-4-2.

Mitroglou signed today a new 5 year contract extension with Olympiakos after his great performace so far at the start of the season.Also there is an 8 mil fee that needs to be paid if another team wants to get him.

• 2 weeks later...

Kokkalis has financial troubles.There is no other explanation for this.He wanted to give the keys to the Aggelopoulos brothers slowly with a small percentage at the beggining but their father said,have Kokkalis pay off the debts that he has created and then they will think about it,while Marinakis said,i will help you out today but i will have full control of everything that has to do with the team in 3 years.That is why Kokkalis did not have enough cash to make any more moves this summer.Everything else is just ash for our eyes and ears.Kokkalis failed this summer to get the players that were missing to our roster.No LW,no back up FW/AT and no back up CAM.Ketsbaia now will have to be creative and propably use the youngsters more in Greece and hope that our few key players stay healthy.

Ketsbaia is not being welcomed yet from our majority fans but they also now and realize that the problems with the roster this year is more Kokkalis that anything else.I expect Kokklais to get bitched in our first bad result,especially at home games.

Kokkalis has financial troubles.There is no other explanation for this.He wanted to give the keys to the Aggelopoulos brothers slowly with a small percentage at the beggining but their father said,have Kokkalis pay off the debts that he has created and then they will think about it,while Marinakis said,i will help you out today but i will have full control of everything that has to do with the team in 3 years.That is why Kokkalis did not have enough cash to make any more moves this summer.Everything else is just ash for our eyes and ears.Kokkalis failed this summer to get the players that were missing to our roster.No LW,no back up FW/AT and no back up CAM.Ketsbaia now will have to be creative and propably use the youngsters more in Greece and hope that our few key players stay healthy.

Ketsbaia is not being welcomed yet from our majority fans but they also now and realize that the problems with the roster this year is more Kokkalis that anything else.I expect Kokklais to get bitched in our first bad result,especially at home games.

Crazy, surely there was enough money for a loan deal. Of the CL money that's now been guaranteed they couldn't bring one left winger? Kokkalis has always been the same. The former French international just signed on loan at Rangers from PSG. He's have been a vast improvement. Zenden and Lovenkrands aren't great but they'd be decent for Olympiakos and are available for a free. These aren't moves that would have broken the bank.

If Olympiakos don't win the league and when Olympiakos finish bottom of the CL group and the fans turn on the men in charge, what will be the reaction? Will Kokkalis not blame Ketsbaia and sack him?

Kokkalis and cia did not gave Liverpool 5 mil for Leto,they did not give 4 for Gonzales.I believe that all or at least most of the money that Olympiakos will make from CL they will go towards the creditors because OSFP is 63 mil in the hole up to today.He has already taken money from the stadium and sales for the next 2 seasons so he has a BIG cash problem.There are not that many Leto and Derbyshire cases out there and to be 100% honest,they gambled and lost at the end.Mancini and some others said no to come and play in Greece and the brazilian player that Olympiakos had for sure,prefered to play for Salke and did not even got in the plane to meet our mastermind leaders.I am in the states and i have found out that much,do you believe that the Gate-7 or the rest red fan clubs in Greece will NOT bitch and moan to Kokkalis?I am not saying that Ketsbaia is safe but this year more than ever,a coach and the fans have said a million times,we need a left midfielder,no Djole,no Lua-Lua,no Leto,you will cover the spot with who?Zairi that is supposed to be Galletti back up on the right,Soiledis?Leonardo?In Greece maybe yes but in CL??

For me this is the summer that i made up my mind that Kokkalis needs to leave quick.

He is great for Greece and all but he is not what we need to become what we all wish for in Europe.CL is not for rookies and unfortunatelly Kokkalis still acts like one after 15 or so years so he needs to say bye-bye.

Crazy,

I hear ya... It's tough for us to say anything about this... I bet you there are millions different scenarios and I'm preety sure that Kokallis and company have gone thorugh them... I'll be honest w/ you I'm fine w/ the left half position to be as is... What we need is to have our team healthy for the big matches and that's it.. the rest will work itself out and Kespagia is going to have to figure it out. That's why he's there and he has to make the best of it. I do think that Zairi is great at Left Half and when Galletti starts playing again we're going to be just fine... We need to worry about making defensice mistakes and more importantly, scoring.. If we do that I see another double w/ a better European run.

according to Sport Fm Fernandinho agreed with olympiakos for coming in january to the team. What I dont get is if they agreed this fast after the deadline why couldnt they agree before

Dude it's one of those back end deals that only players and managers will EVER know...

WHat I don't understand is that the heck is the difference if he come now or later???

What Ev'

• 3 months later...
  • Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic