Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

If the rumours are true Sheva would be a great transfer. He could end up being the worthy replacement for Kovacevic. However I find it very difficult to believe. Dynamo Kiev have wanted him since last year and it's logical that at this stage in his career he'd want to move back to where he's a hero. If he chooses money over Kiev I'm sure he'll move to the MLS. He's been offered big money there and his wife is American so it isn't beyond the realms of possibility. I really doubt he'll move to Greece.

Where's Crazy disappeared to? I'm missing the guy's input in this forum

Edited by Euro2004

The Daily Mail, Novasports and Goal.com are reporting that Olympiakos are preparing an offer for Michael Owen. This would be catastrophic in my opinion. He's always injured and has a horrible attitude, not to mention that he's finished. He was on the bench last year at a team that got relegated and his general play was poor. He simply isn't good enough for a team hoping to make strides in Europe.

Michael Owen is undergoing a medical at Bridgewater Hospital ahead of a proposed free transfer to Premier League champions Manchester United.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8131801.stm

seems he's good enough for man united but for many here not good enough for greek football :whistle:

Michael Owen is undergoing a medical at Bridgewater Hospital ahead of a proposed free transfer to Premier League champions Manchester United.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8131801.stm

seems he's good enough for man united but for many here not good enough for greek football :whistle:

When was the last time he performed at a level to suggest he's good enough for Man Utd, or indeed anyone that wants to make an impression in the CL? Remember when Robbie Fowler went to Liverpool in 2006 after being told he wasn't need at Blackburn? Owen will flop in exactly the same way.

Newcastle faced some of their biggest games in their history last season as they tried to avoid relegation, and in the crucial games towards the end of the season Owen's old pal Shearer wasn't even sticking him in the starting XI.

Owen is finished. The injuries have taken their toll and for the money he demands he would've been a flop at Olympiakos... There's a reason Man Utd are offering him a contract of

time will tell but man utd will be challenging for honours (as olympiakos would be) owen is motivated by winning silverware so you'll see a different player at man utd than the one you saw at newcastle, he really didn't give a f u ck about newcatle but at man utd he will be awesome because of the effort he'll put in. it would have been awesome for greek football to attract a player like this but there was never any chance

also his strike rate is awesome

OWEN FACTFILE

ENGLAND 89 games, 40 goals

LIVERPOOL (Trainee - August 2004) 297 games, 158 goals

REAL MADRID (August 2004 - August 2005) 40 games, 14 goals

NEWCASTLE (August 2005 - July 2009) 79 games, 30 goals

time will tell but man utd will be challenging for honours (as olympiakos would be) owen is motivated by winning silverware so you'll see a different player at man utd than the one you saw at newcastle, he really didn't give a f u ck about newcatle but at man utd he will be awesome because of the effort he'll put in. it would have been awesome for greek football to attract a player like this but there was never any chance

also his strike rate is awesome

OWEN FACTFILE

ENGLAND 89 games, 40 goals

LIVERPOOL (Trainee - August 2004) 297 games, 158 goals

REAL MADRID (August 2004 - August 2005) 40 games, 14 goals

NEWCASTLE (August 2005 - July 2009) 79 games, 30 goals

No one is doubting his pedigree or natural ability. The man was world class, no doubt about it. But in my opinion the injuries have taken their toll.

Nikosvazelas the unknown team is rumoured to be a premierhip team. interesting

Edited by Euro2004

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/183922

It looks liek its gonna be a spanish team... Rumours include Villareal and Valverde...

Oly needs two BAM signings just to cover up for the two players that left in Leto and Belluschi.. if in fact he did leave...

And I believe they are short a DM with PAtsa leaving.

Djordjevic is a big loss too. With him they didn't just lose a top class player, they also lost a leader. As for Patsa I heard that Ledesma may be returning, has anyone heard anything about that? Novasports also reported that Valverde wants to take Torosidis too. Edited by Euro2004

Wow, it's been interesting again for this year's transfers (metagrafes).

Great addition of Mellburgh - replacing Atzas.

Zairi looks like a nice addition and possibly Pardo (yet to be seen).

Truth is we lost a lot of experienced players: Tzole, Patsa, Leto and now possibly Belluschi.

I'm not exited of him leaving.. But I didn't know that the team was in a huge debt (something like) $63 Million Euros! Of which $27 Million are from loans.

Anyway, it would be nice to pick up Kalstrom, Gonzales and a good striker.

What remains to be seen is Ledesma... does he stay or go? if he goes, then we need another replacement. Especially since Stoltidis doesn't seem too healthy.

Hopefully, the proper steps will be taken, because this year's Super League will be a lot stronger (after Pao's, Paok's, & Aris's signings). We should continue winning Championships! :tup:

Finally, hopefully the draw will be kind and we are able to reach the Champion League group stage.

I wish all the Greek teams to do well and qualify.

hello guys i just found this website i usto live in greece when i was younger. what is going on with our team this summer? i live in america and we get a few greek channels and they have said nothing about us filling any of the holes that we have an center midfield or of any big transfers what is going on i thought kokalis had a boat load of money? why is he not trying to get any players the as s holes in green are making transfer after transfer and we are doing nothing. are we just giving up? i heard we are going to sell belushci too what is going on? does any one on here have any answers for me please give me some good news. i would really apreaciate it.

Sorry Drakos gotta side with NikosVazelas i agree with u about Mellburg theres no doubt hes gunna help tremendously but Antzas is now gone along with other solid players Mellburg is only takin Antzas spot..what about the other positions..and now that Kovacevic had a heartattack they have only 3 fowards i believe..

Edited by Cisseee13

Altidore is incredibly overated, despite the USA bandwagon.

Its absolutley laughable that he went for 10 million Euros - hes not even worth half of that to be honest, thats even more than players like Djibril Cisse and coming from nowhere USA with no experience.

We saw in the confederations the hit a lucky goal with spain. Hes strong and athletic fast, not so much emphasis on the skill/strikers instinct.

as for OSFP

They didnt "lose" those players. They got rid of them....

Djole is too old...

Patsa went to Cyprus and is heading for retirement

Antzas was lousy anyways Melberg is 3x the player.

Beluschi did practiaclly nothing anyways - OSFP could sign better for less. I dont think its been incredible transfer season, but Mellberg was a big one (hes 31-32 and a regular for Juventus), and theres possibility of Maresca which would be a huge signing too.

Mareska a HUGE signing? I wouldnt say that at all... Id say he will be a good signing.. with many chances of him turning into an Oscar.

They still havent replaced Leto, Djole, Kovacevic and Belluschi not to mention that last season their biggest problem was depth.

They need another RM and a LM just to have some depth..If galetti is Injured, what then?

Mellberg played 22 games as a starter and 5 as a sub in total of 53 games... thats half the games... Im pretty sure if Juventus wanted him they would of kept him. Not to say that he isnt great. Mellberg is a very good defender. Very good.

But in september he is going on 33... and I think its startin to get a little old for defenders at that age. Its still a risk.

Edited by NikosVazelas

Maresca is a fantastic signing, very smart move. These are the kind of signings that improve a team.

I'm shocked he agreed to come to Greece because he had a very strong reputation in Spain he could have gone to a bigger club than OSFP. He was one of the most underated Italian players and a top player with Sevilla when they had that great team the other year....Still of good age too.

yea i got to say Maresca is a great pickup guy is very good technically and brings plenty of quality..but i dont think you needed another player of that positon as some of the other positions..dudu is your best player so where is this guy really fittin in..but yea great signing

• 2 weeks later...

On Thursday Ketsbaia met with Kokkalis to discuss transfers and the manager said he wants a left winger and a striker asap. Kokkalis said he can have one player, all outlets indicate that will be a left winger (probably Mark Gonzalez of Betis).

Last week Jaap Stam saw K.Papadopoulos in a friendly and he couldn't believe the kid was only 17, claiming that he can become one of Europe's great players. Maybe we'll see alot more of him under Ketsbaia

sportdog has claimed that Bayern Munich will no longer be pursuing their interest in Torosidis, at least not during this transfer window. Olympiakos want to keep him and he doesn't mind staying which is why he's staying for now.

On attaining players the latest rumours are Zigic on loan with the option to buy (who Kovacevic has claimed he could convince to sign tomorrow if Olympiakos want him), and Man City's Elano on loan with the option to buy. Zigic I'm not sure about, he's big and strong but a little immobile. Elano is inconsistent but certainly a top player on his day so he'd be a good signing for you

Edited by Euro2004

• 2 weeks later...

They have been talking about Gonzalez (Betis and former Liverpool player) for a while now...

True or not, I don't know...

But what I don't understand is, if the plirofories are true, why would they send someone else (outside the team) to contact the spanish club for the player? This Mendez guy? Isn't this Xrisikopoulos's job or someone else from the Team?

They have been talking about Gonzalez (Betis and former Liverpool player) for a while now...

True or not, I don't know...

But what I don't understand is, if the plirofories are true, why would they send someone else (outside the team) to contact the spanish club for the player? This Mendez guy? Isn't this Xrisikopoulos's job or someone else from the Team?

It depends on what relationship Mendez has with the team. If Karembeau approached a French player or Kovacevic a Serb on behalf of the club, for instance it would be understandable. The question is who is Mendez?

I don't rate Gonzalez to be honest but Mancini, who has also been linked, would be a major coup. A genuine BAM. Apparently Mancini's wife isn't keen on coming to Greece <_< but the player has already rejected West Ham and the only other team that's shown a keen interest is Zenit. Now St. Petersberg is supposed to be a lovely city, but surely she wouldn't prefer a move to such a cold country. Particularly when the Zenit fans are notoriously racist and Mancini is black. So I think Olympiakos should continue to press for him as opposed to Gonzalez

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic