Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

The second video that you posted Crazy does not give any credit to Derbyshire.

Frankly, the Serbian defenser was really dopey on that one. Thinking that because he's gonna fall on the floor, England are gonna stop playing is just plain stupid.

Anyway, Derbyshire really wants to play for Olympiakos so I'm show he'll be a cracker!

Derbyshire's a good player and it's always pleasing to see a Premiership player move to Greece. I like him as a player and his attitude seems superb, he referred to Olympiakos as "one of Europe's biggest clubs" and he says he "can't wait" to get started. That's always a good sign because it shows he's determined. However I have 1 or 2 concerns...

1) He's replacing Kovacevic and yet he isn't a targetman. So that means we haven't actually replaced Kovacevic will means the team will be required to change tactics mid-season. Not good!

2) Mitroglou is of course a target man but Valverde is reluctant to use him for some reason... Derbyshire's arrival will probably further limit Mitroglou's playing time and stunt his development.

3) Unlike Darko, Derbyshire isn't a proven goalscorer. We supposedly bought a striker to replace Darko in case Diogo gets injured. If, God forbid, he does can we really be relying on Derbyshire to bang in the goals in big games? (i.e. St Ettiene, Milan, etc)?

The point is, Derbyshire is a good YOUNG striker, just like Mitroglou. He is not a season-winning striker and that worries me... Good luck to the kid. Hopefully he helps guide us toward UEFA Cup glory, however I disagree with Morphi's statement:

Listen guys, honestly, he is a great player. He is still young and has been blocked to be a first pick by great strikers (Santa Cruz and McCarthy).

Santa Cruz hasn't had a good season because he wants to leave Blackburn, McCarthy is past it, and the other striker ahead of Derbyshire in the pecking order is Jason Roberts, an average player at best. So no derbyshire isn't a great player, he's a good young striker with promise, that's it, and I was hoping for a lot more to be honest.

Derbyshire's a good player and it's always pleasing to see a Premiership player move to Greece. I like him as a player and his attitude seems superb, he referred to Olympiakos as "one of Europe's biggest clubs" and he says he "can't wait" to get started. That's always a good sign because it shows he's determined. However I have 1 or 2 concerns...

1) He's replacing Kovacevic and yet he isn't a targetman. So that means we haven't actually replaced Kovacevic will means the team will be required to change tactics mid-season. Not good!

2) Mitroglou is of course a target man but Valverde is reluctant to use him for some reason... Derbyshire's arrival will probably further limit Mitroglou's playing time and stunt his development.

3) Unlike Darko, Derbyshire isn't a proven goalscorer. We supposedly bought a striker to replace Darko in case Diogo gets injured. If, God forbid, he does can we really be relying on Derbyshire to bang in the goals in big games? (i.e. St Ettiene, Milan, etc)?

The point is, Derbyshire is a good YOUNG striker, just like Mitroglou. He is not a season-winning striker and that worries me... Good luck to the kid. Hopefully he helps guide us toward UEFA Cup glory, however I disagree with Morphi's statement:

Santa Cruz hasn't had a good season because he wants to leave Blackburn, McCarthy is past it, and the other striker ahead of Derbyshire in the pecking order is Jason Roberts, an average player at best. So no derbyshire isn't a great player, he's a good young striker with promise, that's it, and I was hoping for a lot more to be honest.

Kokkalis is not going to spend any money for transfers this January so the best and cheaper solution looks to be Derbyshire.Asteras Tripolis wanted 1 mil euros for Filomenos and the Farias thing never actuall happened or lead to anything.At least now Valverde will have 3 options and dont forget that Mitroglou was injured and also suspended/punished by the club for not appropiate behavior.Now i believe all of them will have their chance to prove themselfs with games every 3 days that our upcoming schedule has.

Olympiakos will pay 400.000 euros for 6 months for the loan of Derbyshire but did not agree to the 5 mil euros that Blackburn wanted as the buy out price in case Olympiakos wants to keep the player after the summer.

The point is, Derbyshire is a good YOUNG striker, just like Mitroglou. He is not a season-winning striker and that worries me... Good luck to the kid. Hopefully he helps guide us toward UEFA Cup glory, however I disagree with Morphi's statement:[/b]

No.

The thing is - and you should know this - in the Premier League, young players don't stand a chance.

Derbyshire will make it because he is a great striker. He got blocked by players due to their reputations - like it's always the case in the PL - and I'm sure he'll be a hit for your team.

Blackburn have replaced him with Diouf, what a JOKE!

He needs the space and that's it. Give him the ball and you'll see.

• 4 weeks later...

Zewlakow has started making noises about leaving in the summer. He was linked with a move to Hannover in January but Olympiakos weren't interested in letting him go. Now he's fed up with sitting on the bench, and who can blame him? When players as bad as Avraam and Antzas are ahead of you it must be frustrating! If anything, Zewlakow should be playing along side a pacy centre back. Antzas should be used in a rotation system in the league and Avraam should be shipped out to Azerbaijan asap.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...cos/232061.html

Zewlakow has started making noises about leaving in the summer. He was linked with a move to Hannover in January but Olympiakos weren't interested in letting him go. Now he's fed up with sitting on the bench, and who can blame him? When players as bad as Avraam and Antzas are ahead of you it must be frustrating! If anything, Zewlakow should be playing along side a pacy centre back. Antzas should be used in a rotation system in the league and Avraam should be shipped out to Azerbaijan asap.

Actually i can balme him.He is not a bad player but there are many moments that he has made mistakes that have cost the team.Also i dont think that he is better than Antzas or Papadopoulos.Antzas has a lot more passion on his game and he always gives 110%,he is nor Beckebauer but at least even at his age,he is showing a valid hard effort.Papadopoulos is still young but he is fast,has a normal size body and he can guard tall and sort strikers.Give him time and you will be suprised.Zevlakow,making those statements,especially after a defeat like that and in a game that he did not really proved his point that he should be our starting center back.I remember Antza trying to close the gaps on both goals that Saint Etienne scored but i did not see Zevlakow anywhere close.Zevlakow has also being linked to a move to Pao this upcoming summer so for me,personally, i dont give a f..k what he wants or says.Players should respect the money that the make,the teams and fans that they represent and the coaches that manage those clubs.Especailly when you are not even at a Giovanni or Rivaldo caliber player.Dudu and Diogo compalining because they have played none stop,yes i would agree,Galleti for getting injured because of playing all the games again yes,but after a defeat and bad performance and the upcoming derby,Zevlakow feeling humiliated that he does not start,sorry,not important at this time and day.That is my crazy input on this matter.

Actually i can balme him.He is not a bad player but there are many moments that he has made mistakes that have cost the team.Also i dont think that he is better than Antzas or Papadopoulos.Antzas has a lot more passion on his game and he always gives 110%,he is nor Beckebauer but at least even at his age,he is showing a valid hard effort.Papadopoulos is still young but he is fast,has a normal size body and he can guard tall and sort strikers.Give him time and you will be suprised.Zevlakow,making those statements,especially after a defeat like that and in a game that he did not really proved his point that he should be our starting center back.I remember Antza trying to close the gaps on both goals that Saint Etienne scored but i did not see Zevlakow anywhere close.Zevlakow has also being linked to a move to Pao this upcoming summer so for me,personally, i dont give a f..k what he wants or says.Players should respect the money that the make,the teams and fans that they represent and the coaches that manage those clubs.Especailly when you are not even at a Giovanni or Rivaldo caliber player.Dudu and Diogo compalining because they have played none stop,yes i would agree,Galleti for getting injured because of playing all the games again yes,but after a defeat and bad performance and the upcoming derby,Zevlakow feeling humiliated that he does not start,sorry,not important at this time and day.That is my crazy input on this matter.
I disagree re file. Avraam is no where near what would be considered "fast", Toro is fast, Domi is fast, Avraam is not fast. He isn't strong either nor is his positioning that good. In fact, apart from passion he doesn't have many positive characteristics at all. He's very similar to Anatolakis. Antzas is also very passionate but is fairly light-weight too for a centre-back and he's clumsy. So none of our defenders are great, but I think Zewlakow is better than the other 2. In reality, we need to buy 2 top class centre backs.

So although I agree that his timing is terrible it's understandable as to why he's considering leaving.

• 1 month later...

This season is almost over and we already have some news that we can start talking about.Zaouand Zairi from Asteras Tripolis is the first "unofficial" transfer for our club,(there is a deal with his manager and player but have to wait for the official transfer period to start to make it legal) and also Urko Pardo will be in Greece today to have a physical exam and then sign his 1 year loan to our club coming from Rapid Vukurest.George Katsikogiannis will be returning back to Olympiakos from his loan at Levadiakos last year and he will be taking the spot of Kostas Mendrinos who did not came to terms with our management and will be leaving at the end of the year.Antonis Nikopolidis is also expected to sign his 1 year extension this week.

After the undecipated retirements of Djole and Kovacevic,the 95% chance posible retirement of Antzas,i can say that 2 more players will be leaving our club with a 3 name getting close to the door(Zevlakow) but it is not officialy confirmed yet.Kostas Mendrinos and Christos Patsatzoglou will both be leaving this summer and for Patsatzoglou there have been reports that link him with Omonoia of Cyprus and especially their coach,Takis Lemonis.

Paraskeuas Antzas,at the age of 33 and after spending 9 years of his carrer with Olympiakos,did not change his mind and he is official retiring from soccer.Here is his statement:

"

Zevlakow propably will stay now and resign since Olympiakos does not want to try to cover 2 CB positions on the same transfer period when they want to focus on other positions(striker,LB,LW)

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Olympiakos are very close to signing Besiktas' striker Bobo. Has Kokkali lost the plot? Bobo is a sub striker for Besiktas. He's scored 9 goals this season and his best ever goal scoring season was 2 years ago when he scored 11. In his career he has a grand total of 38 goals in 118 games in the Turkish and Brazilian leagues. I'm not complaining of course but this is hardly a target Olympiakos should be aiming for. Particularly when you consider that Kokkalis said one of the reasons valverde was ditched was because he wanted players like De La Pena and Ezquerro :whistle:

There asr so many names and rumours going on that we can propably fill out 10 pages by them.Mind you all that we still not have a head coach for our club........

I just want Derbyshire to stay and then get some decent CB to cover the departing Antza.

Everything else i will consider a bonus...

According to the Turkish newspaper Sabah Besiktas want around 10m euros for Bobo :LOL: Bear in mind we're talking about a bench player whose best ever goalscoring season was a tally of 11, he's not even worth 2m euros! Is this the latest "BAM"? :LOL:

Edited by Euro2004

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic