Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

According to greek press Olympiakos is targeting Dimitri Papadopoulos(former Pao Player,Fanis Gekas and Koutsianikoulis(Ergotelis-the kid that scored 2 on Pao yesterday and gave the assist for the 3rd goal).From the foreign market we had the name Abelairas(11) of River Plate Argentina.

I read that dimmi papdopoulos is close to comming too. That would really piss me off. THere would be nothing more embarissing than a player who got CUT from pao to come play for our team. Any player from pao is embarissing enough, but at leats make sure the player is good, like konstantinou. I really hope Gate 7 is in fulll force next game urging Kokalis and crew not to sign him. As for Gekas, it could be a good signing. Gekas is a really good finsiher, and a change of clubs would reallyt benifit him. But again, hes green, and i dont want us siging green players, thats embarissing.

This Koutsianikoulis kid seems like it would be the right buy. I saw hes goals vs Pao and he can be somethign pretty good in the greek league. I think it would be a better siging then get an ex green.

Abelairas I have never herd of, but if we wanted to lure him, im sure fernado belluchi could help.

Again, we all know what rumors mean at this point in the year.

• 1 month later...

With the surgery of Stoltidis and his absence from our team for the next 3 months,Olympiakos management should try and get someone to cover his void and also clean the roster a little bit.Apparently Valverde has not presurred or asked for any specific transfers to be made this winter,(that is one of the reasons Kokkalis loves him...)but he has said that the team could use 2 more quality players in the striker and defencive midfield positions.Since after our CL fiasco Olympiakos is missing the 12 million euros income,the management is thinking of trying to sell and get rid of the salaries of players like Bravo or Sisic.Plus i heard somewhere that Olympiakos scouters have the players in mind for the midfield position but no names have been made public yet.Can the striker be Castillo???? :rolleyes: (whisfull personal thinking)

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Nw Year to all!!! :tup:

Ok, now it's January!

What are your thoughts concerning this winter transfer?

Obviously, Tetei has been mentioned a lot, with the latest that the team has made an offer twice and rejected. The last been reported about 1.5 million Euro. Apparently Arsenal (supposedly) is interested as well.

Then there is also Ntiame the French 21 year old. But he too is also a bit expensive.

I believe that Kokkalis will make a transfer, maybe two, but it obviously depends on his budget...

Happy Nw Year to all!!! :tup:

Ok, now it's January!

What are your thoughts concerning this winter transfer?

Obviously, Tetei has been mentioned a lot, with the latest that the team has made an offer twice and rejected. The last been reported about 1.5 million Euro. Apparently Arsenal (supposedly) is interested as well.

Then there is also Ntiame the French 21 year old. But he too is also a bit expensive.

I believe that Kokkalis will make a transfer, maybe two, but it obviously depends on his budget...

Happy 2009 to everyone.

On the transfers, my opinion is that I'd be surprised if we get a big transfer this period.

Tetteys name is still the only one on the greek press but not for the 2 million euros that Rosenborg would like.Olympiakos gives 1.2 to 1.5 and apparently the player is pressing his club to accept that offer.

After Kovacevic's health issues (it looks like he is going to retire) The team is now certainly going to get another forward. I doubt Tettey is going to come, at least now in the winter transfer.

That Toinonen player is suppose to be very close to Eidhoven.

When does the transfer period end... end of January?

To be honest i am not 100% sure were is the official day that you are able to make transfers.I will check it tho.

Today Olympiakos through our general manager,Gianni Xrusikopoulos, made clear to Raul Bravo and Mirnes Sisic that they need to find other teams since our coach,Ernesto Valverde does not need them for our future teams plan.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...cos/227049.html

There is weird reports by the newspapers today 1)"FOS" that Torosidis signed a contract extension untill 2013 with Olympiakos and that now there is a 7 million buyout in place while at the same time "Sportday" reports that Bayern Munich people asked Olympiakos for tickets for the upcoming Olympiakos-Saint Etien game to watch closer Torosidi.Instead of us running to get players we might lose 3-4 ?????(Darko-Sisic-Bravo are done for different reasons already)

Ah,i forgot,there is also a report that an english team has made an offer for Patsatzoglou but Olympiakos is propably going to say no,thanks. :huh:

Farias of Paort seems to be the name that will propably replace Kovacevic but we are going to know more about by the beggining of next week.Today they was a meeting with Kokkalis+Xrusikopoulos+Theodoridis but no details about any names have surfaced yet.

Farias of Paort seems to be the name that will propably replace Kovacevic but we are going to know more about by the beggining of next week.Today they was a meeting with Kokkalis+Xrusikopoulos+Theodoridis but no details about any names have surfaced yet.

This Farias from Porto, is he a good player? I have never heard about him before... Has he played on the national team of Argentina?

This Farias from Porto, is he a good player? I have never heard about him before... Has he played on the national team of Argentina?

Posted Image

http://www.fcporto.pt/English/players.asp?...&idJogador=9437

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernesto_Far%C3%ADas

He was also team mates with Galletti for 2 years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estudiantes_de_La_Plata

I have just heard that Matt Derbyshire, an English striker from Blackburn Rovers, has been picked up on a 6 month loan. What is Oly thinking????? I don't think he can fit into Kovacevic's boots.

He might surprise us all and score the winning goal against AEk :LOL:

Only time will tell B)

Derbyshire's a really exciting player at his best - my stepdad is a Blackburn fan and is very sorry to hear he might be leaving. I think he'd be a great signing for you (and if you don't want him, feel free to put him on the tram to Nea Smyrni).

Long time, no speak.

Listen guys, honestly, he is a great player. He is still young and has been blocked to be a first pick by great strikers (Santa Cruz and McCarthy).

If I understand correctly, it's a 6 months loan that could be permanent. He is a good lad and won't coming with an arrogant attitude or whatever.

Moreover, I'm always happy when English players go abroad, it's what the England team needs.

I won't say he will score 24 goals each season but he will a massive impact, I can tell you that.

Derbyshire accepts Olympiacos challenge

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/n...sid=796141.html

He seems like a good player and god knows that we need someone to give Diogo some breathers so the kid is going to get his chances to prove what he can do. Hopefully he can be really good and we can actually turn the loan to buy.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic