Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

Shahtar actually asked for more money and even if Castillo puts up 500.000 of his own money,Olympiakos needs to put 2-2.5 mil of his.The window closes tonight at 1.00 at night and i dont think Olympiakos will get anybody else.

PS.Bravo move did not go through so the player stays at Greece.

http://www.novasports.gr/soccer/anational/....asp?aid=158360

Its now official in greece castillo is not coming and to be honest id love for him come but to pay 2.5m euros ($4m) for a player to come on loan and then at the end of the season pay ANOTHER 8m euros to buy him is way to expensive

I agree^

Its stupieidty if you ask me. Although I think we should have bought another striker and a Center back. But we wont need it as much since we are not playing in the Champions League. If we really want to make a push for the uefa, we shuold have bought castillo or another striker like djebour and a center back. In the winter we have to buy a top center back. Huge priority I think.

Also I dont think we should spend 8 million on castillo. The MAX i would pay for castillo is like 5.5 maybee 6 million. Castillo for 4.5 million ish would be IDEAL imo. Lets see hwo this goes. We have a strong enough team to win greece but we have to be lucky and not get to many injurys in the striker position and in the center defence. I think its good that bravo stayed bnecause he can play Cb position, an area of the field where we are thin.

To wrap up this transfer season was pretty bad. We did improve our team but we could have done better especially with the money we spend. I have liked what I have seen from Dudu, Leto and Diogo so far. THats good our managemnet did a good job of replacing the players we lost ( lua lua, ledesma and djole- well due to age we have to replace him soon). But we also had some horrid signings : Oscar and Aavram. Useless players. Aavram sorta has potential he does some good but other stuff that is terribel. ANd oscar just sucks . Hate to say it. Dont see anythign good outta him. COuld have got something better. This yaer will be good but could have been better. The main problem was starting our signings too late. Thats what cost us the Chamions leaggue group stage and 10 millon

Its now official in greece castillo is not coming and to be honest id love for him come but to pay 2.5m euros ($4m) for a player to come on loan and then at the end of the season pay ANOTHER 8m euros to buy him is way to expensive

Wait one second.Olympiakos needs another striker,that is what Valverde and the newspapers owned by Kokkalis were saying all summer long.2 strikers,1 left wingman and one center midfielder.We got Diogo as 1 striker,Leto for the left wing and Dudu for the center,correct??With Djole injury that propably would keep him out for a month,why Castillo coming back and covering BOTH positions was an idea not worth spending money??Also he was putting 500.000 of his own to make it happen.Kokkalis or his people never even tried to make something out of this story.I dont even believe that they actually called Shahtar,because of egos about what Castillo said about Petraki Kokkali.......I love my club a lot,and Castillo had good and bad moments but sometimes when something that might help you cover and maybe improve your team comes in your way,in my book you take it,for the good of the club and your fans.For me this is one more notch in the stupidity belt of our management during this summer transfer season.Even if Valverde never used him that would have been something to lift our spirits and team power a little bit more.......that is at least the way i see it.....

And one thing about Avraam Papadopoulos.Give the guy some time and 1 partner to get used of each other.Papadopoulos was playing with Galitsios during summer,Zevlakow and Antzas during the last 2 games.He only needs more time.BUT we need another good CB,since Bravo is not able to cover even our bench warming team....

Wait one second.Olympiakos needs another striker,that is what Valverde and the newspapers owned by Kokkalis were saying all summer long.2 strikers,1 left wingman and one center midfielder.We got Diogo as 1 striker,Leto for the left wing and Dudu for the center,correct??With Djole injury that propably would keep him out for a month,why Castillo coming back and covering BOTH positions was an idea not worth spending money??Also he was putting 500.000 of his own to make it happen.Kokkalis or his people never even tried to make something out of this story.I dont even believe that they actually called Shahtar,because of egos about what Castillo said about Petraki Kokkali.......I love my club a lot,and Castillo had good and bad moments but sometimes when something that might help you cover and maybe improve your team comes in your way,in my book you take it,for the good of the club and your fans.For me this is one more notch in the stupidity belt of our management during this summer transfer season.Even if Valverde never used him that would have been something to lift our spirits and team power a little bit more.......that is at least the way i see it.....

And one thing about Avraam Papadopoulos.Give the guy some time and 1 partner to get used of each other.Papadopoulos was playing with Galitsios during summer,Zevlakow and Antzas during the last 2 games.He only needs more time.BUT we need another good CB,since Bravo is not able to cover even our bench warming team....

Actually Bravo is one of our better defenders. It's just that Valverde thinks Patsa deserves to play over Bravo for some reason.

This is from the the Newspaper KATHIMERINI

Castillo’s loan deal with Olympiakos falls through

Despite the desire of Olympiakos and Neri Castillo for the Mexican player’s return to Piraeus for a year on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk, the Ukrainian club’s demands have put the deal beyond the Greek champion.

Donetsk suddenly upped its demands from 2 million to 3 million euros, causing negotiations to break down last night at the very last minute of the transfer window.

The player who grew up at Olympiakos, being a Reds player since the age of 16, belongs to Shakhtar but has failed to settle at the club that bought him in summer 2007. After several fruitless months in the Ukraine, he moved on loan to Manchester City and was now trying to return to Olympiakos, even being prepared to pay for part of the deal out of his own pocket.

Olympiakos will also have to keep Spanish defender Raul Bravo who failed to get a transfer to Deportivo La Coruna and must remain at Olympiakos, though he does not figure anywhere in manager Ernesto Valverde’s plans.

At least the good news for Olympiakos is that its skipper, Predrag Djordjevic will not have to undergo an operation for the injury he picked up during the Red’s 3-1 win over Asteras Tripolis on Saturday. But he will miss the action for the next two weeks.

The Super League will now be taking a one-week break as the national team will be playing two games in the next 10 days.

Olympiakos management and Valverde have already made some plans about what positions need to be andressed during the winter transfer period.Olympiakos needs a new goalkeeper that will be ready to take over after Nikopolidis contract is up next summer and the idea is to get him soon so he can be trained and maybe learn a thing or two by our former NT and starter for our club, goalie.The other position is a striker and Neri Castillo is on top of that list with the problems that he got with his club,Sahtar and the fact that he does not want to play there,plus his wish to return to Greece.

The Source

It was a report on 1 greek newspaper that free agent Stelios Giannakopoulos is trying to return to Olympiakos but no other info was released or found about it.

Hell No....

Cmon guys... do we need this guy? Our team is looking too good to have this guy on our roster... I'd rather have R Bravo.

Honestly I would love to see Stelios go onto a club like PAOK, or Panionios etc...

The Greek league needs to become stronger through-out all the teams and if he were to do a move like that it would be only positive.

• 1 month later...

Ok I read in the front pages of the Greek Newspapers that we're looking for a GK. I completely back up this transfer by the way - Nikopolidis is done with -

Some players that have come up is the GK for the Turkish National Team and Kameni from France (which I like).

Goalkeepers are a rare breed and I see what we're trying to do, but don't we have any decent GK's in Greece? I'm preety sure that we can find a "home-grown" player and make him the next (young) Nikolopidis and Chalkias.

What do you guys think? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic