Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

guys look at the big picture.

olympiakos would not do anything in europe in champions league anyways. the team is in transition for the 3rd time in 5 years.

if they fail to qualify for the champions league, it gives velverde time to build a real team (it happens to bigger clubs than olympiakos so the world is not over if it happens to us).

go to UEFA, gain points for greece, build a team that can compete and go forward.

That's a very defeatest argument and is simply making excuses re file.

Why are Olympiakos in a transitional period again? There was no need for it. It's impossible to be in a transitional period 3 times in 5 years. The fact is, whenever Olympiakos start to build a decent foundation, those crazy bastards that run the club destroy the fabric of the team. The answer is not to give Valverde a chance to build in the UEFA Cup. The answer is for Olympiakos fans to start demanding a team that will be in the last 16 of the CL every year! The only way to do that is to start protesting... Demand that Kokkali will either act professionally and build a team that will be kept as a foundation for a few years, or, sell the club like PAO fans did with Vardinoyianni. Trying to convince yourself that UEFA Cup football is a good thing is definitely not the way forward.

Not a defetest attitude at all. The problem lies in management as you said. I'm simply saying that Olympiakos is not deep enough to compete year in and year out. Their youth program is week and there is no direction. They need to have a foundation and go from there. I like the coach. HE is trying to build a foundation. The team got results under lemonis, but there was ugly soccer out there. Give this guy time.

Having the fans complain in order for the team to make improvements is not the way to go. THe impatience of the fans is the problem. Kokalis makes knee jerk reactions based on his mood that day and in order for him to appease the fans so they keep on buying his merchandise.

Best way to stick it to an owner is to stop caring about the team directly. Don't go to the games, don't buy merchandise.

But file mou can't you see that Lemonis was probably sacked to appease the fans? So what if the football was ugly? Chelsea and Liverpool's football is ugly. So is Milan's, and so was Greece's in 2004. Wouldn't you want to replicate this success? We are not Barcelona or Arsenal. We will never win anything by being the most flamboyant football team. We need to develop a good defence with the ability to counter-attack dangerously... we started to acheive this last year. When you have a good foundation, you build on that, you don't dismantle it.

Up until January, the whole of Greece was calling Ledesma the "key" to Olympiakos' problems. He then got injured, had a quiet finish to the season, so he gets sold?

Cesar was our best defender in the CL... the only player (along with Belluschi) who can hold his head up high after the peformance at Stamford Bridge. And he's replaced with a defender who's nothing more than a decent level SL player?

Perhaps these players are replaceable though... the one player that is irreplaceable is Lua Lua. He offered this team so much.

The only difference between Lua Lua and a similar style of player in the world's elite teams, i.e. Robbie Keane at Liverpool, Robin Van Persie at Arsenal, etc. is consistency. Keane and RVP will get more goals over the course of the season and that earns them the big moves. In terms of general talent Lua Lua is just as good, and that's why I was saying we should sign him before we were even linked with him. The fact is consistency isn't such an importance factor for Greek teams. It doesn't matter if Lua Lua only gets 10 goals a season because as long as Olympiakos have another consistent goalscorer like Kova, the team will challenge for the title. What we need to make strides are big game players, because Olympiakos' season is determined by that handful of big games...

He scored a stunner in the 4-0 win over PAO, he was unbelievable in every game he played in the CL, and the games that he missed were catastrophic = Aek away, Chelsea away, etc. So it is clear that a player like Lua Lua must be kept at all costs. So when it became evident that he would be forced out, the fans should have taken to the streets and protested. Forcing your best players to leave the club isn't how you go forward. Yes the football wasn't consistently brilliant and the team had weaknesses, so what a chairman/manager is supposed to do, is try and plug those weaknesses. Imagine last season's squad, plus an extra 3 or 4 players in problem areas:

A centre-back (Tal Ben Haim - Chelsea = A brilliant centre-back who is now at Man City),

a left winger (Gutierrez - Mallorca = Explosive and direct, very similar to Lua Lua. He's now at Newcastle but would have been perfect in our counter-attacking team),

a goalkeeper (Kovac - who we have signed)

and a centre-forward (Diogo - Portuguesa & Sosin - Anorthosis, and the squad would have been sorted.

It's the chairman that is the disease in this club, and it is the fans fault for not dealing with that disease.

This is a good post dude. I agree with everything and I am still curious why Lua Lua was released.

I am a PAO fan but I enjoyed watching him play. So here is the big question: Why was Lua Lua released??

Does anyone know?

The only think I have read is that he was late for practice a few times, but really, no good reason has been given. His performance was excellent like you pointed out, and being late for practice is small potatoes. What happened really and Olympiakos took such hard aproach with Lua Lua?

Is it a case where management is trying to bring some income so they can bring other players? If so, what's the point? To look good in transfer season?

This is a good post dude. I agree with everything and I am still curious why Lua Lua was released.

I am a PAO fan but I enjoyed watching him play. So here is the big question: Why was Lua Lua released??

Does anyone know?

The only think I have read is that he was late for practice a few times, but really, no good reason has been given. His performance was excellent like you pointed out, and being late for practice is small potatoes. What happened really and Olympiakos took such hard aproach with Lua Lua?

Is it a case where management is trying to bring some income so they can bring other players? If so, what's the point? To look good in transfer season?

personality issues. he said somehting kokallis didn't like ...blah blah blah and then made an example of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Olympiakos according to some greek papers and websites,has made an offer to Djibbour of Panionios since the player did not come to an agreement with Pao or AEK in this transfer period.Also there are some rumours about a player from the England Premier League that Olympiakos is trying to lure but no name or other info has been made available yet.

Its all just made up. My bet is that there was no phone call. Good way to sell papers though.

Didnt castillo already sign for betis?

On the other hand, I would love castillo back at Olympiakos. Him and diogo up front with darko of the bench! POOO. Mitroglou is sstill young and isnt good enough. Bring us Castlilo!

But still. Odds are we wont get him- fingers crossed

Castillo is in Greece and wants to make a deal but Kokkalis does not want to pay 2-3 million to Shahtar to get him. :blink: We need more options as a striker or left wing and Castillo would need no time to get familiar with eveybody.Stupid if it does not go through with this move our presidente.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superle...cos/210616.html

plus more info

http://www.novasports.gr/soccer/anational/....asp?aid=158302

Oh true!.. Im starting to belive we could get castillo. I thought hes deal to betis was done so i didnt bother thinking about it. But today i read this:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overs...ml&TEAMHD=spain

castillo has no where to go now. Hes desperate. Transfer window should be closed by now right though? Theres nothign offical on the site... yet. Anyways I hope ill wake up to some positive news.

Typical!!! I guess people will blame Valverde here too!! <_<

you blame kokalis for not wanting to pay 3m to GET A PLAYER ON LOAN for a year? and then have to pay 8-10 m to keep him after?

I dont blame him at all. No mater who the player is I wouldnt pay that much to get him on loan for just one year. If kokalis could BUY castillo for 3 m u think he wouldnt do it. Olympiacos missed out on alot of cl money this year cuz of stupidity :whistle: so there is no money to throw 3m on a loan

Latest news:

Bravo is leaving to Getafe.

Katsikoginnis signed a four year contract and is going to levandiakos for two year loan[

AND

CASTILLO IS REALLY CLOSE, Deadline closes really soon and castillo said himself that he is going to pay 500 000 thousand to buy the contract to play at olympiakos!! :nw:

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic