Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

Well,i sure hope to eat my words abouts us not getting diogo.

I just hope i am not jinxing it by speaking too soon.

I also hope we do go and get brandao,who is big, tall,good on the ball and has decent speed.

The best thing so far is that the guys we are getting are not only good players but also that they are not old.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Come on re! Be positive ^ :P

We offered diogo 11 million euros for 70% of his contract, 6 mill. If diogo comes he could be as big as a signing as giovanni. Hes young, got huge potential and wants to come to olympiakos. This could a really good deal. Just like you talked to your buddy whos a liverpool pool fan, I talked my friend from sao paulo ( the city portugeusa is based in) and says Diogo is a player that is way to good for olympiakos. I disagree with that, but my friend says he is a really good player.

As for brandao, I agree. Really good player. I think it was you a really long time ago that compared brandao to Drogba? Well regardless if it was you or not that that compared the two, I think Brandao is a really good target man who is pretty quick and is someone we need becasue Kovacevic is getting older.

Galitisios very average i agree, should never start.

Aavram is really good. He has surprised me a lot this off season, more than any other player. He defends well, he is agressive, he works really hard, and he can be offesive. Imo Aavram is going to have a huge season this year.

Dudu is a good player and yes your right not much better then ledesma. But ledesma is leaving and what can we do? The move was a litle expessive, but well see how it pans out.

I dont think Leto was brought over to greece to storm the greek league. He is going to be a back up to Djole no matter what he says. I think Ive only seen leto play once and yes, he was nothing special. But I think he can make a legit back up at olympiakos. I dont he is a bad player either based on what Ive read. Benitez really badly didnt want to sell him, and intended to use him more in his plans this year. Then Leto didnt get his work permit. Now what? Benitez could have easily sold him, but he didnt want to. So he loaned him out and will get him back in a few years.

Now there's word that we can't get Diogo & Brandao because Diogo's koinotiko diavatirio isn't valid in Greece!

Link is below:

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/141123

Well they both want to come to olympiakos

http://www.goalday.gr/article.asp?catid=10...1&pubid=1264245

an ledesma is going so it will open up another forener spot

Guest TheLegend

Personally I'm finding it very hard to get excited about these transfers or the coming season...

Diogo I haven't seen too much of, but if Arsenal had a

This matter with Diogo has become like episodes of Lapsi.Portugeze is ok with the player coming to us but not with the 7mil that Olympiakos is actually offering.They want 10mil for the 70% of the player. :o :angry: Propably peole over there dont read the same newspapers like we do.............. <_<

Just a quick question... If a ll goes well (and we knock out Anorthosi) and we advance to the next round, are we stuck with the same names that were given for the Champion League roster (yesterday) or is the team allowed to supply a new set of names?

What I'm getting at of course is, if/when the team gets Diogo or Brandao and/or another midfielder and goalie can they be added (while obviously removing a few of the present names)?

Just a quick question... If a ll goes well (and we knock out Anorthosi) and we advance to the next round, are we stuck with the same names that were given for the Champion League roster (yesterday) or is the team allowed to supply a new set of names?

What I'm getting at of course is, if/when the team gets Diogo or Brandao and/or another midfielder and goalie can they be added (while obviously removing a few of the present names)?

Yes,you can add names into your list if you advance to the CL groups.

now this may set u all off seeing as how its coming from a pao fan, but id be terribly dissapointed if i were an oly fan with the transfers to date.

Oscar sucks from what i have seen.

Leto seems to have potential but in no way covers the GAPING hole left by Lua Lua departure.

Dudu was a sub last year at CSKA with only 19 appearances due to a lack of form.

Avraam is good but nothing more.

Considering you lost Lua Lua who by far was one of if not the most dangerous player last season, and Nunez who is an up and coming talent and not to mention Ledesma who although not amazing was a solid DM when he played, and with an againg Stoltidis, Djole and Kova, i wold be yelling from mountain tops at my management to do something about it. you cant always depend on officiating and games won on paper. or maybe u can i dont know.

But speaking from experience, i am telling you that if u yell really loud and scream hard enough and pray really really deep, your prayers may be answered too.

And although i usually disagree with DUDE and still do when it comes to Brandao, who I feel is good (at best), i strongly second his post above and its actually refreshing to see an Oly fan not brainwashed from tabloids, radio and all other forms of media out there. My grandfather is 71 and hes been that way for 55 some odd years.

by the way, on a side note, i am watching the opening ceremonies for the olympics, and man oh man are they amazing this time around. Truly unbelievable. Wow.

Now the Diogo transfer has taken a new twist as his club want 10 million Euro. even though we put out the biggest offer at 7 million Euro .

This so frustrating,

we still need 3 more players. two strikers and a centre mid to partner either stoltidis or Dudu, personally i would get Cardoso from Asteras, he is an animal.

as a strikers go. Id love to see Djibour from Panionios and Diogo.

Djibour scored 14 goals in the league.. so wouldnt have a problem getting adjusted in greece,

-- to the earlier question s from DUDE

Question 1) Did Lemonis acheive the targets set to him by Kokkali in pre-season

No. And Yes. he acheived alot in champions league but couldnt get the team to perform in the greek league. ie draw to ergotelis 3-3, loss to asteras at home,

so kokkalis acted like he normally does and sacks the coach to get the league. is it harsh well yes.. did it work.. you know the result.

Question 2) Did Ivic significantly improve our squad by securing the services of top players?

like Alefantos said in an interview. Ivic is a perfect player manager, but not a technical director. see ivic wanted his own coach, own players and wanted to control all. kokkalis didnt agree with this as it was conflict of interest.

the only signings that i like from Ivic was Galletti and kovasevic. and Leonardo but that was niniadis recommendation.

r.bravo. lua lua, nunez, ledesma, belluschi for me turned out to be inconsistent and always injured. are they good players for sure.. but we needed consistent performers. belluschi wasnt worth the money we paid.

Question 3) Was Lua Lua one of our best players, who gave his all for the team and was desperate to stay?

lua lua was the fastest player in our team, gave us another dimension. so his pace was valiable. but was an entertainer a performer of hollywood standards. people enjoyed more his back flips than the goals itself. :nw:

Question 4) From what you've seen from Leto is he better as a left-forward than Lua Lua

different postions.. lua lua is more behind the striker player than a left forward, besides hope im not wrong but lua lua is a right footer and was bastardised in a position where we really needed a player to take over from djordjevic, Is Leto a good player, you bet. will he get better for sure. he will give us competition in a spot where we havent had for 10 years. and the difference is our coach trusts him, so thats a great start.

reply to Nikos Vazelos

lets not forget. dont try to dampen our moods

but dudu is currently a brazilian international.

gilberto silva. how many games did he play last year and is he in the national team currently.

leto will be a killer on the left hand side.. you wait and see..

you think liverpool would want to keep him if he wasnt good,. or great !!

umm.. Dudu has only recently been called up and has played... what.. 3 games.... Silva is the captain of the national team as we speak. as for last year, Silva came off injury and still played 29 games but eventually lost his starting job . im not comparing the two anyway, i was just stating my opinion. Besides i hope ur not seriously contmeplating comparing DUDU with Silva are you?

and imo, Dudu is ok. but honestly, did you know who he was before his name appeared in the paper

As for Leto, just because he was signed by liverpool doesnt make him a star. Mark Gonzalez from Chile also signed there as a 19 year odl and now, only 3 years later, he is lost somewhere in spain.

im not saying LETO wont be goodin fact i did say he has potential. im saying he is a loan player who wont play his whole careeer at oly anyway.

On side not, everytime i try and type DUDU 's name, for some reason i always type DUDE first. odd

Edited by NikosVazelas

Just a little clarification on the Diogo saga.His team wants 10mil plus 30% of what Osfp might make when the player gets resold.I say forget about him,move to Bradao and Djibour and lets finish this summer transfers in this lifetime....eleos

NikosVazelas,the reason you type Dude instead of Dudu is because of your love in a friendly way you have for our red boy Mr.Dude.It is all good...

Guest TheLegend

by the way, on a side note, i am watching the opening ceremonies for the olympics, and man oh man are they amazing this time around. Truly unbelievable. Wow.

yea off topic but i had to comment...

I too am watching the opening ceremony. Its nice but I dont see it as too special. Unbiased as I can possibly be the Athens one was MUCH better.

The fire on the water and all that was crazy creative and unbelievable. It was truly 10x better than this s**** with the glowsticks in the crowd lol

I am surprised when I see the unending and unnecessary interest on this Diogo dude. You're signing a player from Brazilian Serie A and paying him €10M straight away?! He's surely no Robinho or not even Ricardo Oliveira, is he?

I would go for available playrs in the Greek and European market who are proven goalscorers.

Assuming Olympiakos would play 4-3-3, this is just a thought there may be some local reasons perhaps, why isn't anyone interested in signing Charisteas for example?

I am surprised when I see the unending and unnecessary interest on this Diogo dude. You're signing a player from Brazilian Serie A and paying him €10M straight away?! He's surely no Robinho or not even Ricardo Oliveira, is he?

I would go for available playrs in the Greek and European market who are proven goalscorers.

Assuming Olympiakos would play 4-3-3, this is just a thought there may be some local reasons perhaps, why isn't anyone interested in signing Charisteas for example?

Diogo's considered in many quarters to be the next big thing in Brazil, even better than Pato. From what I've seen he seems like a very good forward, but not spectacular. He is certainly a more exciting option than Haristeas though.

im sure the kid has talent and he might turn out to be the next big thing in greece. but to say he might be better than Pato, who left brazil at 18 and cracked the starting lineup in Milan scoring 4 goals in 229 minutes of play at 18 years old is beyond me.

Facts are facts. diogo is almost 22 and has only played one year of a league football in brazil.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic