Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

Olympiakos are reportedly in talks with Liverpool over the signing of midfielder Sebastian Leto.

Leto joined The Reds last summer from Lanus but has struggled for first-team opportunities since his switch

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,128...3826484,00.html

this player looked really average whenever i've seen him but he is young and has time to improve. i don't think he'll be a great signing if you guys do get him

by the way he plays left midfield/wing

The rumours are about a double swoop from Liverpool... Leto and Lucas.

Guest TheLegend

there is a chance... if we pay the 12million USD + they paid for him im sure they got no problem giving him

Hes a great potential but greek teams dont have money to throw on potential...

There's no way Rafa will give us Lucas, and I doubt he'd leave Liverpool. We inquired about him, they said "no", and that's that.

Wasn't there supposed to a be a big transfer announced yesterday?

And what's happening with Lua Lua?

3.2 million for lua. apparently the main reason they sold Lua Lua according to Novasportfm is because lua lua was set to make 1.8million this season and the dikoish feels it is too much to pay for him. so they decided as a whole to sell him and buy another player. imo a very bad move.

If there's one thing that we all have to do at the moment is be patient.

Just because PAO got a "defender" doesn't mean that we have to go 100mph and grab the 1st avail.

I can honestly say that I have confidence in our management and will do the right thing...

:tup:

3.2 million for lua. apparently the main reason they sold Lua Lua according to Novasportfm is because lua lua was set to make 1.8million this season and the dikoish feels it is too much to pay for him. so they decided as a whole to sell him and buy another player. imo a very bad move.

wtf! We really needed him to compete in Europe. His pace is crucial to compete against the top teams. He was badly missed vs. Chelsea, we were like a bunch of old snails trying to limp along till the game was over.

Ok, the only way I can forgive this m@l&* is if we get some quick bad as mofo (e.g. Lennon) to replace him... which i highly doubt will happen.

I mean, I doubt the guy would want to play in Quatar over Greece, out of the champions league and the best fans in the world? If he were to be paid the same amount, maybe even slightly less than what this Quatar team offered him, he would stay. How the hell can you have soooo much money and know that keeping him would increase success in Europe, and NOT want to pay the extra money to ensure that?

It pisses me off when owners only care about the $$$. I can understand the financial side of things, but if I was a multi-multi-millionaire and actually cared about my team and the game of football, I would sacrifice a couple of dollars to WIN.

This player is awesome and he wants to stay. How can you let someone like that go? To Quatar?!?!?

Guest TheLegend

35yr old Makalele linked to osfp. but has told osfp to wait 1 more year until he's 36

35 year old makalele starts at chelsea 32 year old silva hasnt played regularly since 2006

look lua lua was a good player,, but a liability,,

and they would of had to pay him $1.8 million by next season for contract promises etc etc so they turned a 1.8 mil deficit to a 1.8 million profit..

Please explain why Lua Lua was a liability.

well aparently he always turned up to training late. he had a fight with segura before the cup, sometimes during the game he was very selfish and didnt pass.

afte this year he would of received a large sum of money and then would of been on his final year and we may have lost him for nothing..

but the reality is i think we have already secured a player that is better that him..

and that is either chevanton or edu ..

so with the 4 million we were offering plus 3.2 we got for lua lua this will be used to purchase one of these players !!!

well aparently he always turned up to training late. he had a fight with segura before the cup, sometimes during the game he was very selfish and didnt pass.

afte this year he would of received a large sum of money and then would of been on his final year and we may have lost him for nothing..

but the reality is i think we have already secured a player that is better that him..

so with the 4 million we were offering plus 3.2 we got for lua lua this will be used to purchase one of these players !!!

Lua Lua expressed that he realised his mistakes and literally begged for one more chance. Although he was late to training, he always gave his all on the pitch, so he obviously didn't have motivational problems. As for Segura, we have no idea why they fell out, so we can't judge the player on that. And paying an extra 1.8m to keep one of your best players is nothing! Also, it's unlikely that we would have lost Lua Lua for nothing... he was desperate to stay and throughout his career he's shown alot of loyalty to his clubs, so there's no reason that he wouldn't have extended his contract.

And finally, neither Chevanton nor Edu are better than him.

Lua Lua expressed that he realised his mistakes and literally begged for one more chance. Although he was late to training, he always gave his all on the pitch, so he obviously didn't have motivational problems. As for Segura, we have no idea why they fell out, so we can't judge the player on that. And paying an extra 1.8m to keep one of your best players is nothing! Also, it's unlikely that we would have lost Lua Lua for nothing... he was desperate to stay and throughout his career he's shown alot of loyalty to his clubs, so there's no reason that he wouldn't have extended his contract.

And finally, neither Chevanton nor Edu are better than him.

I agree with you.

Especially about Chevanton. The guy is not even close to being as good as Lua Lua.

Greetings from ellada paidia i am reading the papers every day nothing yet. leto and smolarek are are top choices right now and i think one of the two we might get. aug 19th i fly back to america see you all then lets hope we get a good signing caz panathinaikos got many players ade yia paidia kai kali tixi stis metagraphes

My info so far has been proven wrong and every day we have new names being added to the players that we might get.It is a little frustrating but what can you really do???Leto looks like he might join us since his manager had some talks with our management but nothing has been signed yet.Smolareck name still plays especially in the papers but now we also see Djibour and Morientes as new entrees.....summer is fun but time is clicking away again and we need to have our roster report to Uefa for the CL games by the 31 of July...tick-tock

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic