http://jp.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=419879

http://china.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?Con...tenutoId=184084

http://china.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?Con...tenutoId=399495

http://m.goal.com/goal_news.php?a=523254&P...jd4tn1b5t5qeru7

http://m.goal.com/goal_news.php?a=521377&P...buqcbecal6euu07

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?Co...tenutoId=520085

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?Conte...tenutoId=517621

Saturday Dec 22 07:46

Pireas giants Olympiakos are on the verge of clinching one of their biggest transfer deals ever, as Fernando Belluschi is expected to join them within the next few days.

As the majority of Argentine and Greek media report today the River Plate star will definitely move to the Super Cup and Super League title holders, although it seems that the transfer’s cost has yet to be finalized.

According to the Argentines, Olympiakos have offered 6.5 million euros to ensure them 60% of the 24-year-old’s sporting rights, whereas the Greeks suggest that a six million bid will buy the Pireas side a 50% share, with Israeli agent Pini Zahavi securing the other half.

Both parts agree that the international midfielder has agreed to a four-year contract, which he was expected to receive by fax today. His annual salary will probably be as high as one million.

“We’re playing against Chelsea”

The former Newell’s Old Boys man already feels part of Olympiakos, as he himself told the Protathlitis sports daily. “I know that talks have gone ahead, as my agent has already met up with the River Plate administration. However, my club have not informed me yet, so there’s not much I can say at the moment.”

“My agent, Alberto Meo, is keeping me posted. I’m in my hometown (Los Quirquinchos) waiting for that call. I would be happy to join Olympiakos. They’re one of Europe’s major clubs, always winning trophies.”

Belluschi said that he has not yet contacted any of his fellow Argentines already plying their trade in Pireas (Rodrigo Archubi, Cristian Ledesma, Luciano Galletti and Leo Núñez), but added he has drawn information about the club, the “Georgios Karaiskakis” ground and the Olympiakos current UEFA Champions League campaign over the internet.

The Argentine even commented the competition’s second phase draw against the likes of Chelsea. “We’re in for two great games. It will be an awesome experience for me to take part.”

“I have not yet spoken to any Olympiakos representative, but I expect I’ll be signing my contract as soon as possible.”

London meeting

Managing director Petros Kokkalis, the son of club owner and president Sokratis, did not return to Greece after Friday’s draw in Nyon, but flew off to London to close the deal. As Meo told the Goal News sports newspaper, their only difference lies in the contract’s duration, with Belluschi eager for a three-and-a-half year deal.

But this seems like a mere detail, with the Clarín daily reporting that he has already started taking Greek lessons. The Argentine of Italian origin, expected in Greece on Thursday, will be Olympiakos’s second winter signing this season after the Slovenian Mirnes Sisič from Levadiakos.

The Super Cup and Super League reigning champions are reportedly interested in signing also Sotiris Kyrgiakos of Eintracht Frankfurt, as well as a defensive midfielder, with Romanian Ovidiu Petre of Steaua and Grigoris Makos of Panionios their primary targets.

Panos Bletsos, Goal.com

Edited by Olympiakosthyra7

Scared of seeing too many non Greek players on the pitch.

True, Oly is starting to look like the Argentine answer to Brazilian fenerbahce :huh:

No prob for me if we win against Chelsea ;)

Edited by Sharpos

From what i read in the greek websites,Marco Ne is getting ready to leave Olympiakos this winter transfer time to create space for Bellushi.Next destination will propably be Belgium.

Kala re paidia...and my comments go for all Greek teams even AEK...what is this obsession with signing foreign players. Not particularly belluschi but Greek teams overpay foreigners who only want to use Greece as a stepping stone to moving onto bigger teams.

I have a friend who's brother played for the junior side of one of Greece's midtable teams, they had him training the whole summer and then the team decided bring in 4 or 5 foreign kids and told my friend's brother and a few other greeks to get lost. These foreign players aren't even that good.

And then we wonder why we have such a hard time keeping good greek players in Greece. We pay Ribo 25,000 a week, Belluschi 1mm a year and Greek players get a smack in the face.

Kala re paidia...and my comments go for all Greek teams even AEK...what is this obsession with signing foreign players. Not particularly belluschi but Greek teams overpay foreigners who only want to use Greece as a stepping stone to moving onto bigger teams.

I have a friend who's brother played for the junior side of one of Greece's midtable teams, they had him training the whole summer and then the team decided bring in 4 or 5 foreign kids and told my friend's brother and a few other greeks to get lost. These foreign players aren't even that good.

And then we wonder why we have such a hard time keeping good greek players in Greece. We pay Ribo 25,000 a week, Belluschi 1mm a year and Greek players get a smack in the face.

File mou, generally I agree with you 100%, but with Belluschi i think it's a bit different. According to reports, he's already started taking Greek lessons and that isn't the sign of someone who only wants to be here for a short time (like Yaya Toure for example)... I'll be honest, I haven't really seen this kid play. I've seen highlights but nothing that would enable me to judge how good he is. I know he has a cannon of a shot and can use both feet, but not much else so i can't say whether he's worth the money or not. So generally I'd agree with you about the xenomania of Greek clubs and fans but maybe this isn't the case wth Belluschi.

Kala re paidia...and my comments go for all Greek teams even AEK...what is this obsession with signing foreign players.  Not particularly belluschi but Greek teams overpay foreigners who only want to use Greece as a stepping stone to moving onto bigger teams. 

I have a friend who's brother played for the junior side of one of Greece's midtable teams, they had him training the whole summer and then the team decided bring in 4 or 5 foreign kids and told my friend's brother and a few other greeks to get lost.  These foreign players aren't even that good. 

And then we wonder why we have such a hard time keeping good greek players in Greece.  We pay Ribo 25,000 a week, Belluschi 1mm a year and Greek players get a smack in the face.

File mou, generally I agree with you 100%, but with Belluschi i think it's a bit different. According to reports, he's already started taking Greek lessons and that isn't the sign of someone who only wants to be here for a short time (like Yaya Toure for example)... I'll be honest, I haven't really seen this kid play. I've seen highlights but nothing that would enable me to judge how good he is. I know he has a cannon of a shot and can use both feet, but not much else so i can't say whether he's worth the money or not. So generally I'd agree with you about the xenomania of Greek clubs and fans but maybe this isn't the case wth Belluschi.
I'm on the brink of changing my mind after i came across this video showing, who appears to be Belluschi, smoking! :blink: All that money for a player that smokes? Florent Malouda criticised Chelsea for allowing their players to drink coke, while Wenger has banned his players from eating anything that isn't "healthy", imagine what they'd say if they saw this!

HE WAS SMOKINGG???! :huh:

no wayyyy???

Anyways more bad news about belluchi... hes grandmother died. He still really wants to come to olympiakos but hes gonna take hes time to sign a new contract.

Hey dude do you have a video of this??

Kala re paidia...and my comments go for all Greek teams even AEK...what is this obsession with signing foreign players.  Not particularly belluschi but Greek teams overpay foreigners who only want to use Greece as a stepping stone to moving onto bigger teams. 

I have a friend who's brother played for the junior side of one of Greece's midtable teams, they had him training the whole summer and then the team decided bring in 4 or 5 foreign kids and told my friend's brother and a few other greeks to get lost.  These foreign players aren't even that good. 

And then we wonder why we have such a hard time keeping good greek players in Greece.  We pay Ribo 25,000 a week, Belluschi 1mm a year and Greek players get a smack in the face.

I'm on the brink of changing my mind after i came across this video showing, who appears to be Belluschi, smoking! :blink: All that money for a player that smokes? Florent Malouda criticised Chelsea for allowing their players to drink coke, while Wenger has banned his players from eating anything that isn't "healthy", imagine what they'd say if they saw this!
Demi smoked 2 packs a day and was a killer up front. The only thing I have to say about Belluschi is that South American players cannot gel that quickly, unless they come from a European team (Galetti)
Really??? WOW! I didn't know that. I know of many players that used to drink like mad though. But even still, today's game has changed alot since Demi was at his best. Diets are a big part of football now and that's reflected in the way the game has become faster. Will Belluschi be able to cope with the pace of the very top level if he's smoking? I hope so.

@ paxiotis, here's the link:

http://www.netc.com.br/video/aRM8IIVqrik/f...a-colombia.html

I'm not sure if that's really him though, it appears to be and the website claims it is but I'm not sure.

Oh definitely....Demi was notorious for smoking...Psomiadis showed up to Demis house one day to scold him about his nightlife...drinking, smoking, women, staying out late. Not that it was the right thing to do on psomiadis part but the point is Demi lived a destructive life, at least for a footballer.

But I completely agree....diet and healthy living are a major factor in a player's fitness and success.

Just read from Supersport that Belluchi will delay his comming to Greece for a couple of days because of the sudden death of his grandmother...

ya i think thats the same one i read.... every time hes one day away something seems to happen. I no the transfer season isnt even here yet but we have to secure him fast or else hell go somewhere else. Thats a tipical greek league move. I no we can blame him or anything but its stuff like this that screws up all the time.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic