Phantis Forums

2015-16 UEFA Europa League

pash

Do qualifiers count towards being cup-tied? If that's the case, perhaps Martens is named to the games, but they're expecting to sell him before.

Eh, what do I know. Just making stuff up at this point.

-edit- I mis-typed. Perhaps Martens isn't named, because an actual decent move has been figured out for him. We'll see, I guess.

I think players that transfer to other teams within the same cup competition are only tied for that round they've played in. Example if PAOK sign a player during the group stage who played for another side in the Europa League group stage, then he can't play in the competition unless PAOK progress to the round of 32.  

In the past a player could NOT play for another team in the same season.

Nowadays players are allowed to play for another club as the transferwindow closes on August 31st (or later if this in the weekend, just for administrative reasons).

I am confident that we progres to the next round, but in the first round 16 (!) of the seeded 51 teams were eliminated......

Teams like Sheriff Tiraspol (second seeded team in the first round), Red Star Belgrade and St. Johnstone are out, so we should be warned.

PAOK will face one of these unseeded teams:

WKS Slask Wroclaw (POL)/IFK Goteborg (SWE)

FK Jablonec (CZE)

Skonto FC (LVA)/Debreceni VSC (HUN)

FC Spartak Trnava (SVK)/Linfield FC (NIR)

FC Vaduz (LIE)/Nomme Kalju FC (EST)

ASA Targu Mure (ROM)

If we qualify for the third round I would say: the winner of Vaduz/Nomme Kalju. Otherwise the winner of Trnava/Linfield or the winner of Skonto/Debrecen. On the other hand: we are PAOK. Making easy things difficult.

Edited by Dutch Eagle

We played Trnava before in the 1997/1998 campaign and won 5-3 and 1-0.

It was one of the great European years.

After that games we played Arsenal and Atletico Madrid (probably the only team scoring six goals against Atleti and still getting eliminated).

I dont think there was anything politically charged or sinister about the starting 11 in Zagreb. Or not picking your best 11...

Tudor wanted to make a stance regarding discipline early in his tenure so he dropped  Lucas and Pereyra...With Klaus injured he had no choice but to play Salpi.....he needed some experience....He picked Tzavellas and tziolis for the same reasons...believing they would carry the team thru against a sub par opponent...

after all if Salpi and Tziolis can't get a game with Klaus, Lucas, Pereyra missing and no big new signings yet then when will they get a game....

This was PAOKs best 11 under the circumstances....

• Like it 1

assist aside (I did not see the game)......Do you think Mysta would get a start given the circumstances...

I would have thought Tudor a young Croatian coach with high level Serie A playing experience would have jumped at the chance to play Mysta if he thought he would be a better option?

From what you are saying  Salpi should have been let go from the Roster.

Got an article from Themistocles Cala on the main site of Phantis:

Igor Tudor learns the PAOK footballing reality the hard way

"There are many pieces of advice one could give to someone considering becoming the new manager of PAOK. Perhaps the most obvious advice would be ? don't do it. "

Show him some love...

Got an article from Themistocles Cala on the main site of Phantis:

Igor Tudor learns the PAOK footballing reality the hard way

"There are many pieces of advice one could give to someone considering becoming the new manager of PAOK. Perhaps the most obvious advice would be ? don't do it. "

Show him some love...

There's a main site?

• Like it 1

Spartak Trnava is our opponent in Qualifying Round 3. They defeated Linfied FC 2:1 at home and 3:1 in Belfast.

This will be the 2nd time we will face them in European competition.

• 2 weeks later...