Phantis Forums

South Melbourne Hellas

The police came 20 minutes later by then all the victory fans had left, when they were crossing the field to brawl the security crapped themselves and did nothing. cctv all over the ground and outside so everything has been captured, if the ffv are consistent they should be looking at 10 points deductions and a huge fine, from where I was looking these victory kids looked like they were on drugs, the even sadder part a few of them were old as well like in their 40s.

victory has some good fans..but a hardcore of F*** wits.....and also some older dangerous wankers...

i am older.....and i clearly recall victory's agenda in their formation days was a clear vision to attack hellas on its ethnic roots...this was one way they gained a lot of support.... 

in my mind very offensive and racist...a form of 'apartheid' in their entire marketing strategy.....so for me...they are the ultimate enemy.....F*** them...

• Like it 1

Can confirm one of the attacking victory fans is the grandson of a Hellas ground Marshall and life member who was actually trying to stop the mayhem.

The son of a Neos kosmos sports journalist has also been sighted amongst the invading victory hooligans.

Very sad to see how many of these Greek kids are ruining their lives with this victory cult. At the end of the day the Greek media helpee create this monster with all the pro victory s%$#! over the past decade.

• 2 weeks later...

Beat Avondale 0-2 last Friday night at Knights stadium.

Backed it up tonight by smashing the Knights at the same venue 2-5 to take out the old school NSL derby.

6 points clear of bentleigh in 2nd and 9 points clear of Heidelberg in 3rd...these 2 teams meet on Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

Heidelberg get revenge for round 1 by humiliating south 5-0...and it should have been more. 2nd time we have been hit for a huge score line this year, no idea how we are top, will need to dip into the transfer market.

We beat nth Geelong 2-0 tonight in the cup and have advanced to the final qualifier against bentleigh away, will be a massive game and they're estimating a crowd of around 3,000 for that which is about as much as they can squeeze in, unfortunately like Olympic faced against the cros we are up against a superior opponent and more then likely will bow it, dunno what it's like in Sydney but all anyone cares about here is the cup. Think it's cos bentleigh, Hume and Heidelberg have advanced far in the past few years. Most treat the league like it's irrelevant,

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost ready to pull the plug on this club, humiliating 4-0 cup defeat at bentleigh tonight and once again not only do we Fail in a big game but we get embarased.

No idea how these s%$#! cvnts are top of the league, and the coach can get F***ed as well, sick to death of our dour defensive style of play. Our club was built on attacking football and having a go, everything the club stands for is being ripped to shreds, I don't care if we lose but do it the south way go down swinging, no Fkn 10 men behind the ball treating some hack suburban team like they're barca playing at the camp nou.

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I updated so this is how things stand.

hellas smashed Hume 3-0 tonight in the elimination final, should have won by a lot more.

means next week we have a showdown against Alexandros in the semi final at Olympic village, for those not aware they have Archie Thompson and they're expecting a huge crowd next Saturday night. We will be heavy underdogs but anything can happen in finals so fingers crossed we put in a decent performance, they massacred us 5-0 last time but our lineup is much more settled now.

• Like it 1

We did it beat Alexandros 2-1 to make the grand final, heidelbergs first loss of the season at home, we conceeded straight from the kick off after 15 seconds and we thought here we go again, 2 goals in a minute in the 2nd half turned it around.

not only a great win but to send that prick Archie Thompson into retirement is so sweet.

Bergers player stomping on the South player changed the game. Very stupid act given that the foul had already been given for Hedielberg.
Watching the game I felt if South managed to equialize they would run away with it, they could have had another goal or 2 after the 1-2. 

We did it 3-2 over oakleigh, what a game, what an atmosphere, my voice is gone, champions of Victoria for a record 10th time.

no way the crowd was just 4,200, I'm pretty sure they chucked the gates open just before kick off and many weren't scanned, easily between 5-6k. The ffv showed again they're useless at organising an event by not opening the opposite grandstand, the front and back of the main stand was so packed you could hardly walk through.

• Like it 1

• 2 months later...

Realistically they are the only club from Melbourne that is possibly viable.  No one else comes close.  South Melbourne are in that situation where they are too big for the State League but possibly not big enough for the A-League.  If they are given the support that was offered to other A-League clubs, it could happen.

Not sure about the clubs from Sydney.  I'm sure at least one or two could also do the same.

I would definitely have egg on my face if this happened.  About 2 years ago I met up with a friend who happens to be related to the South Melbourne President who also came and had coffee.  Humble guy, real nice.  Not your typical Greek who tries to show off.  It wasn't until about an hour into the conversation that we got to talking soccer and I found out he was the president of South.  Anyway, he was telling me about all the work they're doing behind the scenes to get into the A-League and I said with all sincerity that they had zero chance of this happening.  He was politely of the opinion that it will happen one day.  We shall see.  Good luck to them.

• Like it 1

9 hours ago, Original Sydney said:

This would be great if it was allowed to go ahead, South Melbourne should be in A League but that ethnic background wont help their cause.

What about teams from Sydney ?  Anyone with a chance do you think ?

Bananas no I don't see a Greek team if you mean that getting into the A League from Sydney, Olympic are a F***en mess, they cant get their s%$#! together in NPL1 how they gona do it in A League? Personally I cant see it happening. Only way I can see Olympic getting back in is under another franchise with their people being the backers.

GreekLunatic, very good point about fans not only being Greek, as I have heard this also. Souths would get easily 10k at every home game there is no doubting that, you will have a few drop off from Victory & City and there are plenty of fans who don't go to games anymore but with Souths back they would all come out again.

Question is though, will their bid really be looked at in full and given a fair chance?

22 minutes ago, Original Sydney said:

Bananas no I don't see a Greek team if you mean that getting into the A League from Sydney, Olympic are a F***en mess, they cant get their s%$#! together in NPL1 how they gona do it in A League? Personally I cant see it happening. Only way I can see Olympic getting back in is under another franchise with their people being the backers.

GreekLunatic, very good point about fans not only being Greek, as I have heard this also. Souths would get easily 10k at every home game there is no doubting that, you will have a few drop off from Victory & City and there are plenty of fans who don't go to games anymore but with Souths back they would all come out again.

Question is though, will their bid really be looked at in full and given a fair chance?

I didn't know Olympic were in that situation.  What about all the old teams from Sydney ?  APIA, Marconi ?  Are any of them in a strong position ?

Regarding if the bid would be taken seriously, who can say.  But if you were to give a franchise to an existing team, South would be the one.