Phantis Forums

Former PAOK Players/Coaches

pash

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First game for Karol Swiderski in the MLS with Charlotte FC in a game that broke the MLS attendance record with 74,479 attending the game. For the record Charlotte FC - Galaxy LA  0:1.

%CE%A3%CF%84%CE%B9%CE%B3%CE%BC%CE%B9%CE%BF%CC%81%CF%84%CF%85%CF%80%CE%BF-2022-03-07-2.15.39-%CE%BC%CE%BC-168x300.jpg

LA Galaxy*

Scale's a whole different monster when you consider that they play in the Panthers' stadium. I thought they had attendance capped for MLS (wiki says 38k), but the founding of a new team is as good a reason as any to open the floodgates. I'm still cheesed that NE's stadium caps at 20k for Revs games.

MLS is a business, just like every other professional sport in the US and Canada as opposed to Greek Superleague, which is a money laundering operation. The concept of filling a stadium to capacity in Greece is unattainable dream these days.

• Like it 2

4 hours ago, Athens4 said:

MLS is a strange one. In fact North American sports in general are rather foreign to me. No relegation - what?!

The part that gets me is how teams up and move to another city.  Like wtf ha ha.  Try that in Europe and cities would be rioting.  But the bizarre thing is it seems to work.  Sure we're gonna move PAOK from Salonika to Athens and fans will come.  And yet, they do.  Talk about strange.  I suppose that's what happens in a nation that refuses to go convert to the metric system.

• Like it 1

7 minutes ago, Bananas said:

The part that gets me is how teams up and move to another city.  Like wtf ha ha.  Try that in Europe and cities would be rioting.  But the bizarre thing is it seems to work.  Sure we're gonna move PAOK from Salonika to Athens and fans will come.  And yet, they do.  Talk about strange.  I suppose that's what happens in a nation that refuses to go convert to the metric system.

Mainly it's because these aren't 'clubs' as we know them, they are franchises with little to no soul. What I find weird is our top league which is basically the same setup [manufactured franchises] but if anyone tried to move a club there would be hell to pay.

• Like it 1

12 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

MLS is a business, just like every other professional sport in the US and Canada as opposed to Greek Superleague, which is a money laundering operation. The concept of filling a stadium to capacity in Greece is unattainable dream these days.

I think it's possible but it would take a lot of changes. Changes which nobody wants to make.

• Like it 1

Which makes no sense - players can refuse a call-up if they feel like it. If they're getting fake doctor's notes, surely the risk of bad blood is higher than the reward of not having to sit in a first-class seat for a few hours?

• 1 month later...