Phantis Forums

Former PAOK Players/Coaches

pash

4 hours ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

Abel Ferreira’s Palmeiras beat River Plate 0-3 last night in the Copa Libertadores semi final first leg.

He seem to be getting a lot of praise in Brazil for the great start he has had there. 

In my mind he is the kind of coach who needs a good team to do well. Not to get the best out of a team with serious limitations

18 hours ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

Abel Ferreira’s Palmeiras beat River Plate 0-3 last night in the Copa Libertadores semi final first leg.

He seem to be getting a lot of praise in Brazil for the great start he has had there. 

I think he has only lost 1 game so far.

Watching the worms against PAO. Mauricio really is such a slow player. I don't think we miss him at all. They had a clear break with Emmanouilidis sprinting down the wing and instead Mauricio decided to literally stand still with the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Put it on from 77th min onwards. Never have I seen so much stopping and starting in an English game of football. It was like watching American Eggball. Giannoulis held his own I think, although he gave away the ball with a poor headed clearance that led to a foul outside the box. You can do that in the Championship but not in the Premier League.

Clean sheet and the full 90+ minutes in his first match. And no yellow. Good result for him as an individual.

Good result for the team as they were down to 10. If the other contenders win they still will be 6 points clear for promotion.

44 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

And won’t he play against Lucescu’s Al Hilal 

Don't think Al Hiilal is playing this year. Al Duhail from Qatar is representing Asia.

I believe there were some bonuses for PAOK, but not sure if Copa Libertadores was one of them.