Phantis Forums

PAOK Technical Director (?)

Blackhawk

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK Technical Director (Olaf Rebbe)

The biggest problem in greek football clubs is not the presidents, its not the fans, its not epo. 

Its that the football clubs do not have the correct structure and checks and balances for these clubs to be run correctly. 

We have 3 massive clubs: 

PAOK, AEK, PAO all hinging on the deicisions of 3 people. 

How is that ok? 

Rebbe, Ivic & Rokka 

If they do well club does well. If they make bad decisions the club suffers. 

This is not goof enough and I am sure the clubs in England, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Holland, France do not operate like this! 

Rebbe sounds like a serious person but hes off season was hardly succesfull. 

Rebbe for me is not experianced enough to: 

Bring us a tittle 

Improve us in Europe

What ever he says, he left us without a striker, no right wing back etc etc etc 

So to say so far I am not a fan is an understatement, yes i heard him trying to blame Savvidi..

He blamed Savvidis? When? Where?

I think he has done an excellent job so far. He has cleared some dead wood on the team this summer. Also sold some players which brought in some badly needed cash. And that includes players who in couple months would go to other teams for free. 

He has a tough job to handle. The team was 40 mil in the hole when he started his job. Now the deficit is at 17 mil. 

Considering that we need to drastically cut the budget to be ok with FFP he has set the team on a rebuilding course. I would not expect a title this year, but will end up the top 3, and also have a decent run in Europe.

Then of course I also expect another -7 points from the courts which will influence the team during the crucial part of the season like last year.

Any tough question, its uo to Savvidis. 

Thats what i call passing the buck. 

Ferriera in only one leg matches got us into Europe not Rebbe. 

All he did was not renew players contracts which he didnt do in style, they became sagas. 

I dont see the work he has done... 

Signing Schwab has been hes best move so far. 

• 4 months later...

Rebbe is not the problem. The PAE PAOK front office and the team management is!

Today Rebbe said that he is making this move because the German team has vision for the future with concrete plans. That is something that PAOK does not have. Two seasons ago we won the double, but since then we were on downward spiral without any long term plan. Let me rephrase that. The front office does announces long term plans, but never follows them. That's why we change technical directors like underwear after every season. Same with coaches.

I am not really surprised Rebbe is leaving. I am surprised he even took the job to begin with, considering our non-existent management.

• Thanks 2

The position of TD at PAOK has always been an electric chair of a position. Arnesen, Michel, Branco and now Rebbe. All of them apparently not good enough. The problem lies within other internal positions and the sooner Savvidis realises this the better.

1 minute ago, Blackhawk said:

Rebbe is not the problem. The PAE PAOK front office and the team management is!

Today Rebbe said that he is making this move because the German team has vision for the future with concrete plans. That is something that PAOK does not have. Two seasons ago we won the double, but since then we were on downward spiral without any long term plan. Let me rephrase that. The front office does announces long term plans, but never follows them. That's why we change technical directors like underwear after every season. Same with coaches.

I am not really surprised Rebbe is leaving. I am surprised he even took the job to begin with, considering our non-existent management.

Precisely this. 

Agreed. What's more likely? That all of those people with all that experience are suddenly incompetent? Or that the club's culture is the actual problem?

Institutions have their own culture, and changing that is a fraught and perilous process. I think it's clear that most teams in Greece need to do it, and that includes us.

Branco & Rebbe were poor appointments. Its a fact that theycare both loses and the person wjo isnresponsible for selecting them should also be looked at. 

Michel & Arnesen were both succesful

A good TD is as important as a good coach! 

Rebbe was a dud in Germany, and I never liked him from the point of when he delayed his first press conference.

That is fake news propagated by anti-PAOK media including the Metrosport.

Prijovic was shopping around for a fool to take him on loan basis splitting his wage (4.5 mil per year) with the Saudi team. At the start of the season PAOK decided that player salaries  from now on were not to exceed 600K. This pretty much excluded Prijovic from coming back to PAOK.

• Like it 1

Ok, Sport-fm is the source, I know people have accused them of being pro Olympiacos over the years, but generally they have been more reliable than most of the news sites that are around IMO. @Blackhawkyou think they are not among the better ones or nah?

47 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Prijovic was shopping around for a fool to take him on loan basis splitting his wage (4.5 mil per year) with the Saudi team. 

4.5? Not many teams outside of the Gulf or Russia would take a stab at that price, if any.

It's basically the entire reason he went there. We offered a raise but you just can't compete with that kind of money. Hell, even at 50% wages you can probably find someone as good or better.

Never get back with your ex!

2 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

Ok, Sport-fm is the source, I know people have accused them of being pro Olympiacos over the years, but generally they have been more reliable than most of the news sites that are around IMO. @Blackhawkyou think they are not among the better ones or nah?

I believe Sport FM is controlled by Alafouzos and they behave just like every other news outlet. They are biased on behalf of whoever the owner is and who is financing them. They will push stories to suit their agenda. Some are more blatant than others.

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK Technical Director (?)