Phantis Forums

AEK vs Iraklis

Original 21

I really want Platella to improve as a player this summer and into next season. He was the only player in the first half and in most of the game who really tried and who looked like he can get passed the defender with ease. In my opinion Platella is the MVP of this AEK era and the struggle to return to A division. 

Of the games I have seen Vouras involved in, I already prefer him to Anesti.

Bravo sta paidia, its been a tough 2 years but the prodigals sons have returned. Returned to where we belong.

It's up to Dellas now to continue the excellent job he has been doing and push on for the title. 

Cometh the hour, cometh the man!

I really want Platella to improve as a player this summer and into next season. He was the only player in the first half and in most of the game who really tried and who looked like he can get passed the defender with ease. In my opinion Platella is the MVP of this AEK era and the struggle to return to A division.

MVP of last year yes, but no way this year. This year has to go to Aravidis or Mantalos, in half a season Mantalos had some insane stats and our performances dropped without him.

• Like it 1

The results on Match Day 6:

AEK - Iraklis 1-0

Olympiakos V. - Apollon 0-1

Larisa - Panachaiki 1-0

Playoff table (after 6 games)

AEK - 25 *

Iraklis - 19

----------------------------

Apollon Athens - 10

Larisa - 9

Olympiakos V. - 4

Panachaiki - 3

* AEK have clinched their return to the Superleague

Played crap but got the win and confirmed our promotion, welcome back AEKARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The current team we have is good enough for top 5 in SL, to win it with this team is a bit premature I think, but add a few players and a bit of experience and anything can happen after that, our main focus MUST be getting that CL spot....

Bravo to everyone for the efforts the last 2 years, its been hard and miserable but we got through it and now we look forward!!!!!

Top 2. this team when healthy (Mantalos Bakakis Cordero and Brecevic all playing...) along with Simoes, Galo, and Mulder joining is already good enough for top 4. With 4 or 5 smart transfers in key positions we should be able to keep in the title race all year assuming Mantalos and Bakakis recover fully.

Oly & Pao will/have strengthened their roster so we need to do the same if we want to finish top 2. I will be happy with anything in top 5 for our first season back, hell we can even win the title "IF" we show consistency, Oly will win their games as they usually do but if we do the same and we pinch 4 points off them next season then you never know what can happen but I would rather not talk about winning the title for now and focus on us just being top 5 and having a chance of CL football....

• Like it 1

I thought it was the 2nd spot we were losing because Switzerland was right up our ass in the co-efficieny? Either way makes it even harder if we lose to automatic spot because then you have to play or could play the 3rd and 4th best teams of Italy Spain and England, add Germany in there too.....

No, the winner of the league won't qualify directly and would go into qualifying rounds against other league winners who don't qualify directly. Teams from Cyprus, Scottland, ect... For us to lose the second CL spot we'd need to drop like 10 spots in the UEFA rankings.

Next year will be tough. Very tough. Sure we played well against oly this year in the cup but that was our final. And we played it all amped up. Next year each team will be gunning for us and we will not be playing each team in the SL like it is oly in the final.

We need some serious talent added to this team for anything to happen. The performance in the playoffs has shown me that we are lacking in many positions. And with mantalos and bakakis hurt we need to assume that they will not come back full strength or ever reach their previous form. Sign the right players and assume nothing.

And for those that think that we are going for the title, that may be premature, though I hope I am wrong.

The players we currently have and signed our good enough for us to finish top 4. We didn't play well in the playoffs because of the continuous stop and go in the league, we had 1 month off before the playoffs started. We had 4 weeks in between our first competence game of the year (cup) and the first league game, we had 2 weeks off in November because of delays, we had 2 weeks off for Christmas. This continuous stop and go was awful for our players and they couldn't keep a rhythm together.

In January-March we played our best ball against teams like Olympiakos, we destroyed Atrmitos, we beat Kerkyra, and we were blowing people out in the league, that was the only time period in which we didn't have have random 2+ week long breaks to throw us off.

If you don't think we are going for a title next year then you must not understand just how great of an owner Melissanidis is, he's not back to finish second place to anyone and unlike some other owners he actually knows mpalla.

This is the best AEK team since 2010 without a doubt, once the transfer window is over we will be at the same level as tne 2008 team.

• Like it 1

When you think of it the season for AEK has gone for nearly 11 months, any team would struggle if a season went that long for them, let alone the stop and go's that Original has mentioned above.

Original I just read we are pursuing Van Der Vaart, what you reckon of that? Personally we sign him that's a massive statement of intent!!!!!

Thankfully the relegation odyssey is now over. Dellas should now empty the bench and see what else he has on hand and what else will be needed for next season. I think it is premature to start speculating about next season and where the team must finish in order for it to be a success. To avoid the mistakes of the past (player and financial) the team and management needs to continue what it has done these past 2 years which is to improve, but improve intelligently and build for the long term and not just one season. Spending large amounts of money does not necessarily lead to success on the pitch. Bringing in quality and maintaining continuity does. The team should fare well next season but I wouldn't expect that they rise directly to the top. If they compete for the title and for CL first season back -great. So long as they continue to move forward in an intelligent manner, these things will happen and the championships will come.

• Like it 1

Yea guys lets lower our expectations a little bit. Our current roster is a mid table team. One can make a point about us outperforming Superleague teams and about the big gaps in our schedule but devils advocate can easily say that we'd have a much harder time had we been playing SL teams week in and week out. The truth of the matter is we lack depth in most positions other than the DM position at this moment in time. The loss of Mandalo showed just how weak our lineup can be without a player of similar quality to come in for him. The way the team is now only with a healthy Mandalo and Bakaki can we make a run for a playoff spot. Otherwise were mid table. I think we need about 3-4 quality signings and 1 or 2 extra bench signings...so with 4-6 signings we can make a good run next year. 

• Like it 1