Phantis Forums

Superleague/Football League/Greek Cup TV Coverage

Sport Plus is showing the following games this weekend:

Kalloni - AEP Iraklis (Saturday)

Atromitos - Levadeiakos (Sunday)

Olympakos - Panionios (Sunday)

Veroia - PAS Giannina (Sunday - on tape)

This leads me to believe that once again it will be split coverage between two channels, since they are not showing any of the other games.

With this in mind the way things shape up right now:

SPORT PLUS

Olympiakos

Veroia

Kalloni

Atromitos

OTEHR CHANNEL (ANTENNA?)

Panthrakikos

AEK

Panaitolikos

UNKNOWN

PAOK (they have declined to sign the deal between Superleague and Forthnet and might be kept out from the package)

Any updates??

Hi all,

I'm a user from a very long time ago, I doubt any of you remember me.

I'm living in the US again, and trying to understand what is going on with game broadcasts.

I see that AEK-Platanias will not be televised. Do Ant1/Sportplus between them not have the rights to all games/teams? Can they not show AEK home games? Are they choosing not to?

Help me out here before I have a rage stroke.

Ela re Amorge! Yeah it's been a long time.

This tv situation, I can't live like this.

Its appalling that in 2015 we cannot watch our team games.

I may have to start a petition, write letters, etc (for all fans) Even if it gets us nowhere.

Here is their contact page. Good luck getting a reply.

http://www.thesportplus.com/contact.html

I think the rights were divided in two. Sport Plus has 8 teams and they are showing their games. Forthnet is probably trying to sell the other 8 (minus- PAOK who will not be televised by anyone) to somebofdy else. Remains to be seen if it is going to be Antenna Sat/Pac. They are probably holding out for a better deal from Forthnet.

I would think both programs will be back if they continue with SL matches, but I don't think GA was on today.

As for the picture quality, Foxtel must do something to improve it....$20 a month to watch a picture where 80s videos (that's how we watched greek games back then) dubbed 10 times over was better. 

I wonder if the Italian channel here has the same picture quality as ant1, for 20 a month it's disgusting and when you're waking up in the early hours of the morning like we do to watch games it's even worse.

I'm thinking of exploring iptv but I'm generally clueless about it, so many people offering different boxes with different costs.

I'm thinking of exploring iptv but I'm generally clueless about it, so many people offering different boxes with different costs.

My parents have IPTV and the picture quality is a lot better than Antenna Pacific on Fox. You need to have a good internet speed though.

Ellas TV and GreekTVAustralia are the two I'm familiar with. Ellas TV I think has all the Greek sports channels, but the package is around $60 a month. 

It seems that ESPN has lost the CL, so those of us with Foxtel are screwed......another $20 a month for BeinSport!