Phantis Forums

Illegal Immigration In Greece (and In Europe)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lets not forget that the political elites in the UN and EU have always wanted to use immigration to "undermine national homogeneity". Now the current migrant crisis gives these self loathing toffs the perfect opportunity to destroy sovereignty and nationalism in Europe, by moving onto the next stage of their multicultural experiment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18519395

Its shocking how out of touch the political class are with common people and reality today, and their naivety towards immigration is changing parts of Europe for ever.

Lets not forget that the political elites in the UN and EU have always wanted to use immigration to "undermine national homogeneity". Now the current migrant crisis gives these self loathing toffs the perfect opportunity to destroy sovereignty and nationalism in Europe, by moving onto the next stage of their multicultural experiment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18519395

Its shocking how out of touch the political class are with common people and reality today, and their naivety towards immigration is changing parts of Europe for ever.

you excuse the greek left from this?

they are openly for migration and against nationalism 

Obviously not Sheriff. Syriza's immigration policies are awful and I believe Greece should pull its own weight by trying to stop the flow, like nations such as Hungary have done. Syriza's mentality largely stems from their lack of national pride and they too are self loathing, in a similar way to people like Jeremy Corbyn and Peter Sutherland over here.

Happy now?

Edited by Koro

Of course Greece cannot just build a fence like Hungary thanks to its geography. But the Greek government is doing very little to slow the flow and is often actually helping the migrants who arrive, to go on to Germany or wherever.

The flow of thousands onto small Greek islands every day would not happen if they didn't expect to get processed into mainland Europe.

• Like it 2

I have to disagree. The so-called elites* in Europe (and we have to define what this means) have relied on nationalism not on ..undermining national homogeneity. 

Then the follow up question is, who would benefit from this breakdown of national homogeneity?.. Further, would the elites benefit from a ..revolution? (as some here wrongly believe that people revolt when their quality of life declines)

*the traditional elites aren't as strong or solidified as they used to be, because economics and politics have changed.

Is this all just hyperbole ?  When immigrants from Europe (read non British or Scandinavian) came to Australia in the 50's and 60's, the end of the world nigh.  Then the Vietnamese in the 70's and 80's.  Then the Afghanis, Indians and Sudanese.  Common theme ?  All from broken or dysfunctional countries.  As for the elites, who they are and what they want, I wouldn't know.  I've never met one.

there will be no mass revolution....

the masses in the western world ( middle class, working class, working - middle class, welfare class, NO clue class) etc all live too comfortably...fortunately or unfortunately these people do not care.....they exist, survive relatively comfortably...

they are not driven by the 'greek freedom fighter mentality'....

of where I will burn down the corporates because they make 1 billion and only give me $1......I'd rather everyone have $0......apart from my dad who deserves a massive pension because he worked 26 years collecting tickets on the trains.. 

i find it interesting that australians seem to pooh-pooh the economic repercussions...coming from a nation that is an island in the middle of nowhere, has no threat of any kind of mass migration of those with incompatible ethical & social mores, while waltzing matilda has very stringent immigration quotas/criteria.

the young (with good reason) are made fun of in the usa - many of them, heroically were the foot soldiers of the occupy wall street movement..a movement i never would have thought possible in the usa until the early 1990s?? a movement in the wealthiest nation in the world. so, if americans live too comfortably, why the movement?? wages have remained stagnant or have decreased for the majority of americans.

income inequality is an issue in 21st century america. the wealthiest nation on earth. soon, it will be an issue in europe - as we have seen the finnish FM tip his hand on wages for the average finn to the newest finn from the middle east. welfare states have been told by the elite, we will not finance welfare states anymore. the massive cheap labor grab may be a horse trade, cheap labor for continued taxation.

the elite in australia have also taken notice, as we remember gina's comments about australian miners making over 100k per year, while africans can be imported for labor at 10 dollars per day. that is her lament, after observing what has happened in the usa with mexican/latin american cheap labor.

the anti-economic migrant posts have nothing to do with racism, it all has to do with quality of life and standard(s) of living. what is the secret? there's a toggle switch. it's being moved in a particular direction.

the financial situation in australia today has hit a bizarre level...

there is wealth all around us...... the people in general are walking on clouds.....

23 yo Turkish (aussie born) electricians are taking home $8k a month (working for wages)....  one of many examples I have heard lately..

driving around Melbourne, multi  million dollar suburban homes are being built west/south/north/east....

suburbs were 20 years ago you could buy a house for $90k are now seeing houses sell for $1.5million...

times are good....

not sure if this is the reality we will see continuing.....but most here don't give a toss about the world economy......would be Lebanese gangster type rappers from the suburbs are driving around like  movie stars...

there is an abundance of money circulating....

most don't care for Gina and others....

I made the point to my then wife (whilst walking around Athens in late 2004)..... 'these people are living a better lifestyle than the people back in Melbourne,.....I just don't get it.....something is not quite right here......".....   the lifestyle of Melbournians has sky rocketed the last 10 years..with attitude to match....

i would pay attention to what gina says and does. as we speak, there is no doubt that her and her ilk are working around the clock, trying to influence politicians, working on how to sell greater wealth for herself and her ilk, to everyday australians.

if china goes into any kind of recession, there will be pain in the mining/mineral industry. do we believe that gina will bear the brunt or that she and others are trying to arrange for others to bear the brunt?

There is no doubt that China and the mining sector are very important to Australia...and to Gina....

however an economy that can pay an uneducated Turk who can't string two words together $200k a year to deliver bread as a contractor has multiple layers of economic strength and stability.....and a system that 'works'.....  too bad the TURK SPENDS MOST OF HIS $200K ON GAMBLING Habits and Prostitutes......but hey....he keeps the economy going.... 

all of these billions spent on military spending , and we cannot control who is coming into

Greece.

greeks typically will give the shirt off their backs to help a stranger , but this situation is just impossible to deal with.

At the end of the day the Northern European states like Germany, Sweden etc are the ones to blame for this mess in the first place. These are the states that all the migrants dream of going to and their leaders opened the floodgates with their whole 'refugees welcome' nonsense.

Greece (along with Italy) happen to be in the unfortunate position of the gateway to Europe. Having said all that, Greece has just let all these migrants stroll through freely. Greece is doing other European countries and itself a disservice by not taking a stand against this invasion.

Before getting elected Syriza said one of their policies was to do more to help refugees. It wasn't such a relevant issue at the time, but now its clear these pacifists and xenophiles are not suited to deal with this crisis.

The Eurocrats in Northern Europe are criticising Greece for being too soft on immigration (and rightly so). Greece should just use its relatively large military to actually enforce its border.

• Like it 1