Phantis Forums

Illegal Immigration In Greece (and In Europe)

This Kurdi guy was living in Turkey for THREE years and wanted to go to Europe so he can fix his teeth for free and the result of his stupidity cost his family members their life.  I can't make this up.  Poor Europe.  They will be controlled by Islamic radicals in 30 years because these people will multiply.  And why not.  They get free health care, food, education etc... Straining the system and complaining on top of it.  

Edited by gyros

You make me feel ashamed to be Greek comparing Greeks with Muslim savages who will blow you up without thinking twice.  Stop being a Vlaka and wake up.

Next time you go to school or work or whatever you do, tell everyone you think asylum seekers should be left to drown. And that they are all muslim terrorists.

See how far you get in life with an attitude like that. 

****************************************** DELETED

And the poster above, does it matter what nationality people are? You seem to only care about the Greeks. Are they the ones who are really suffering here?

If you were in the refugees' position I'm sure you'd think differently.

Next time you go to school or work or whatever you do, tell everyone you think asylum seekers should be left to drown. And that they are all muslim terrorists.

See how far you get in life with an attitude like that. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DELETED

And the poster above, does it matter what nationality people are? You seem to only care about the Greeks. Are they the ones who are really suffering here?

If you were in the refugees' position I'm sure you'd think differently.

We've already had this conversation at work and we don't want them.  Nobody does, except some idiot Europeans that don't realize that this Muslim ********* (DELETED) will turn against them using their own laws.  You need to wake up and stop thinking that these are humans, they are not.  They are savages.  Even Saudi Arabia and Kuwait want no part of them.

If I was a Syrian sunni muslim refugee (95% of them are) and had a family - and arrived in Turkey - I would feel I had won the lottery. My family is safe - I am surrounded by Sunnis - I can relax. If I don't want to stay in Turkey - I can apply for refugee status to any country I want through the proper channels.

To then take my safe and well fed family and put them in a rubber inflatable in the middle of the night - (an inflatable I have paid a criminal gang for) and try to illegally enter Greece - to then illegally enter Bulgaria/Serbia/Humgary/ Austria in order to get to Germany.. that to me is insane and deserves all the disbelief you have shown in your posts so far. However if you think it is worth risking one's family - vulnerable children etc when you are already safe - I think perhaps you have never had a family of your own.

This guy paid $4000 Euros to go to Greece illegally on an inflatable raft from Turkey.  Yet, the media and even the idiot Greek Media are blaming Europe and now Canada too.  I guess the aunt lived in Canada but as you said, this guy never applied for anything after living THREE years in Turkey.  I love how they've had a civil war for a few years and the conditions are horrible yet they are still knocking up all the women and they are having their 10 little Mohammads each to spread the Muslim ************ (DELETED) around the world.  God help us.  This isn't a religion, its a cult.

If I was a Syrian sunni Muslim then I'd probably join ISIS and if I was a Shia'a or a Kurd I'd probably be fighting against ISIS. But I'm just guessing when I say that, because its impossible to truly know what you'd do in someone else's shoes.

• Like it 1

:nw:  ALLAH WHO AKBAR!   :nw:

I'm personally not a Muslim myself (I don't do what a barbaric medieval book tells me to), but I agree that unless Europe changes it's approach to Muslims, Europe may one day be Islamic (or at least individual nations within Europe).

Gyros - I reckon Greece should line the coast of the islands facing towards Turkey with soldiers armed with machine guns and just shoot any foreigners in boats on sight. 

That way we stop the "filth" in its tracks! 

Unfortunately as Bananas says above, the only filth on this forum appears to be your good self and those who have no respect for human life. 

Thanks for insulting me again.  Seems like thats what you do best in here instead of debating why we should allow Muslims all over a continent that is mostly Christian, has low birth rates, densely populated, has serious economic issues, and has a western style of living.

**************** DELETED

...  If someone from outside of this forum came across this thread, they'd be horrified at the things you write.  Maybe you don't care, but you should.  You should think a bit more before you post the things you do.  This is a serious topic/issue.

I don't claim to be an expert in any of this, but I try to keep the conversation moving, asking questions, stating opinions etc.  You just post (what seems to me) hate filled cliches.

Now I'm not advocating at all, that Greece should allow a massive influx of refugees.  We don't really have the resources, and besides this isn't Greece's burden alone.  Greece should merely try to do its fair share, to the best of its ability.  The truth is, if Greece hadn't let the refugees cross the border to Skopje, the EU couldn't give two hoots about what is happening.  Now that it is directly affecting multiple countries, maybe something could happen, but I don't remain optimistic.  The ideal solution ?  Peace in Syria, so they can return to their homes, but I don't see this happening.

As for your claim of let them drown, let me pose a hypothetical.  You are in a boat, and that little kid is drowning beside the boat.  All you have to do is put your hand out and pluck him out of the water, or you can just watch him drown.  They are the two choices.  What do you do ?  If you say, I let him drown, well, that is nothing more than pure evil.  If you say, I'll stop him from drowning, well now you've just nullified and contradicted your earlier post.  It's time to grow up and think before you post.

Edited by athinaios
  • Like it 2

Why can't countries like Iraq or Syria try to find a peaceful resolution and not have these "human trafficers" invade all of Europe begging for asylum? 

Because they aren't really countries as such.  A lot of these "countries" were created in recent history, and have mixed together groups of people that have similarities but are different.  A lot of these groups hate each other and given the chance (which is now) will try to kill each other.

In Syria alone you have ISIS who want to form a caliphate.  You have the Alawite's who are nut jobs as well, which is what Assad is.  You have the Kurds.  You have Hezbollah nearby.  And given half these groups will kill each other.  Either out of revenge, to further consolidate their power or just pure hatred.

If we wait for a solution in Syria without intervention, it's not going to happen.  Right now, the most likely outcome is that ISIS will keep expanding their territory and influence but I can see at some point soon, the US/UN/EU will have to intervene.  But how ?  They can't back Hezbollah, since they have openly declared they want to destroy Israel.  They don't want to back Assad.  And although they'd probably like to back the Kurds, Turkey will get their back up.  As I said, it's not simple.

Edited by Bananas

If I was a Syrian sunni muslim refugee (95% of them are) and had a family - and arrived in Turkey - I would feel I had won the lottery. My family is safe - I am surrounded by Sunnis - I can relax. If I don't want to stay in Turkey - I can apply for refugee status to any country I want through the proper channels.

To then take my safe and well fed family and put them in a rubber inflatable in the middle of the sea, in the middle of the night - (an inflatable I have paid a criminal gang for) and try to illegally enter Greece - to then illegally enter Bulgaria/Serbia/Humgary/ Austria in order to get to Germany.. that to me is insane and deserves all the disbelief you have shown in your posts so far. However if you think it is worth risking one's family - vulnerable children etc when you are already safe - I think perhaps you have never had a family of your own.

I agree, it is odd.  Without knowing more about this, I'd guess that because they aren't citizens of Turkey, they aren't entitled to certain things and as a result, their lives are in limbo ?  Dunno, just guessing.  I'm fairly confident Turkey doesn't want them.  I don't think it's a hate issue, it's just a financial issue.  Trying to care for and integrate a few million people is no simple task.  It's probably easier to just make their lives complicated enough that they want to leave.  Add to that the sales pitch I'm sure they receive from the smugglers about how great Europe is and there you have your suckers.  I don't think anyone would deliberately endanger there family that way.  They are, for lack of a better word, foolish.

• Like it 1

^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself.

If you see somebody in trouble in the street who needs help, do you ask them if they're muslim first, and if so walk away?

:nw:  ALLAH WHO AKBAR!   :nw:

I'm personally not a Muslim myself (I don't do what a barbaric medieval book tells me to), but I agree that unless Europe changes it's approach to Muslims, Europe may one day be Islamic (or at least individual nations within Europe).

You mean like Bosnia and Albania?

^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself.

If you see somebody in trouble in the street who needs help, do you ask them if they're muslim first, and if so walk away?

If I see somebody in the street that needs help, I call 911 and let the authorities handle it,******************(DELETED POST)

Edited by athinaios

Reaper,

Who knows what the hell he was thinking. Maybe he got seduced with "success" stories in Canada. Maybe his wife nagged him into it. Maybe he got sold fairy tales by smugglers. Maybe he feared for his life. Maybe he was just an idiot. Either way, his greed/naivety/foolishness cost him his wife and children.

Edited by Bananas

Dear friends,

This is a hotly-debated issue, but it has escalated to insults. This will not be tolerated here. No personal attacks and no calling anyone "filth" or other derogatory names. I'll go back through this thread and start deleting plus ..awarding yellow cards.

Damn it. This is not how I want to spend my time on my day off.

You can't compare Greek idiots rioting for a day to Muslims who will turn your country into filth.  These people are demanding all kinds of stuff and blocking trains etc... Who gives them this right.  Is their a rule we have to take a bunch of Muslims in the country.  They can easily go to Turkey but no they want to go to Europe because Europeans are generally gullible and stupid and "feel sorry" for them.  Then its too late and you turn into France where you have monthly attacks from idiots.  Why aren't fellow Muslims like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia taking them in.  These countries are rich from oil too.  Because they don't want these people in their country causing strife.

OK. This is a good, nicely-stated argument within the  forum's decorum here.

Now to respond.... Greek sports fans have done worse and for what?!!  It's often a media and public frenzy about an event that conveniently forget the big picture. For example, recently some American doctor went for a safari in Africa and killed Cecil the lion. My goodness the outrage, the media coverage, and mobilization of groups, etc.  First, the issue of lion-killing for sport is complicated (this is not the place to debate it), but second, I don't think anyone would have noticed if an American killed an African while visiting/vacationing Africa.   Oh, the funds raised for the preservation of lions but how about the millions of humans who die of malaria? (not to mention other preventable causes)

I happen to agree with you about the problems of large immigration waves. I've said so in this thread. But,we disagree about how to handle them and what becomes of them once in a country. European leaders should be leaning hard on the Arab and Muslim countries to take these refugees. This includes Turkey. IF this is an existential threat, impose sanctions, like they do on a country that threatens the EU or dumps people and products into the EU. But, it's not humane to gun them down, starve or drown them.

Its funny you bring up Bosnia and Albania because those two countries are Muslim thanks to the Ottoman invasion and occupation (as you all probably know). And what we are seeing now is the biggest influx of Muslims into Europe probably since the Ottoman's came over. The difference is this time the Muslims are actually going through Vienna and into Northern Europe too.

Also this thread now looks so stupid with so many comments deleted/edited/altered, it is a controversial issue and people have passionate opinions about it.

Not the right way to go

If you're saying that the thread is/gets smarter because of personal attacks, or incendiary comments, then you're confusing being passionate about something and keeping it civil--as this forum's rules stipulate. We're trying to keep this a nice place to have a conversation not a place for a bar fight..... which is eventually what happens if left unchecked. Oh, yeah, having "passionate opinions" doesn't give anyone the right to destroy. Live your uncontrolled passions at the door, gentlemen.

This goes for all: Yes, it's everyone's right to think and say whatever they want... in the appropriate time and place though. If anyone feels so passionate that want to destroy a place, well, this is ain't the place to do it.  Curse, fight, destroy, and stink up your own house or the houses of people who may allow you into their houses. Not here!

In simple terms, the answer to these questions is "yes":

• does my post contribute to the discussion?
  • is it appropriate for the topic and place?
  • do I use language that's respectful of other members?
  • does my post & my behavior make this a nice place to hang around? (nice for the community not the provocateur)

Next steps, besides the warnings, include not being able to post until mods approve your posts, and banning the offending member.

**************** DELETED

...  If someone from outside of this forum came across this thread, they'd be horrified at the things you write.  Maybe you don't care, but you should.  You should think a bit more before you post the things you do.  This is a serious topic/issue.

I can't remember what I wrote. :)