Phantis Forums

Illegal Immigration In Greece (and In Europe)

This is where we will discuss the severe crisis that the Western world, Europe and mostly Greece face as a result of Illegal Immigration. I didn't want to put my opinion in the title as I understand some may see things differently pertaining to the issue, so you are free to voice your opinions here.

The biggest issue right now is Muslim immigration. I personally believe that illegal immigration by these people is not just emigration but a large scale invasion by a peoples who as a minority pretend to be docile but as a majority reveal their true intentions, and thirst for ideological supremacy.

The problem is that while the rest of the Mediterranean has tightened up their immigration policy, Greece in 2015 thus far alone, is letting in three times more illegal immigrants by sea than ever before. Immigration centers/ detainment camps are plagues by overcrowding and many riots as of late and camps like Amygdaleza are not only releasing 30 immigrants a day but plan on releasing 3,500 more immigrants simultaneously in the next few weeks.

I won't say too much yet as I'd like to hear other thoughts as well first, but I'll share a powerful video that I saw a few years ago, which in essence was warning us of days to come. If you haven't seen this video I strongly reccomend you do. Everything from the message, to the music bring shivers up my spine: 

• Like it 2

The trips have got to be discouraged to prevent further tragedies.

There are very few cases of legitimate asylum that should be considered (e.g. Afghan or Pakistani Christians that face persecution in their own countries) but the vast majority are economic migrants who should not be allowed to set foot on European soil.

Italy is being swamped daily...something has to give....

Syriza's friendly policies don't help

makes no difference who's in power, this has been going on for years SYRIZA has been in power a few months, the post above sums up the real agenda behind it.

large corporations benefit greatly, they in turn lobby politicians/political parties, who are then keen to label those that object to this as racist in order to shut down the debate. which is why the media and the 3 main parties in the UK are constantly attacking UKIP.

@che

that video you posted finishes with 'act now before its too late' what do they expect people to do? have loads of offspring and F*** their standard of living? this happens because those in power allow(encourage) it to happen. 

?Nigel Farage has blamed ?fanatical? David Cameron and Nicolas Sarkozy for the drowning of hundreds of migrants off Italy, saying the exodus was ?directly caused? by western intervention in the civil war in Libya.

The Ukip leader said that Nato had destabilised Libya when it launched bombing raids against Col Gaddafi in March 2011, causing the flight of refugees from the country.

He said Britain should offer refugee status to some Libyan Christians.?

i really can't argue with the above

full article here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11548171/Nigel-Farage-David-Cameron-directly-caused-Libyan-migrant-crisis.html

Edited by js1000

Islam has some really bad teachings, but one of the things that worries me the most about it is how none of them ever convert to atheism. In islam becoming an atheist is punishable by death, there were those atheist bloggers in Bangladesh who recently got killed for saying the sort of views that are common in liberal western society but are totally evil to muslims. Islam is an oppressive religion to anyone who isn't a muslim and it is even oppressive to some of its own followers, look at how they treat their women. This is why western governments should be speaking out against Islam, not like Obama and Cameron saying "Islam is a peaceful religion" just to make their oil-buddies in Saudi Arabia happy.

You can probably guess I'm pretty sceptical about economic migration. Like the first video CHE posted said, with Europe having a low birth rate so just they can bring in people from another part of the world to compensate is not sustainable. Capitalism always wants cheap labour in order for those at the top to make as much money as possible, so they turn to foreigners.

However there are people who have to leave their country for reasons like war and persecution and they need help to avoid human catastrophe, but Greece is not in the best position to offer such help unfortunately.

• Like it 1

I agree with AEK66 regarding some people benefiting from this , but there are many faces to this crisis.

1. The manipulative face: The truth is that the ultra rich tycoons of Europe DO gain from this. They now have a cheap labor militia, standard of living goes down all together making them more influential. Another big area of manipulation that many overlook is the housing market. Its pretty simple to make crazy amounts of profit using illegal immigrants and its happened time and time again. Take a good neighborhood, throw in some illegal immigrants, some drug dealers, get some security that surprise surprise keeps the immigrants closed into a perimeter (cough omonia cough), come in and buy an entire block of neo classical buildings for crumbs. Then send the security in for "raids" to "clean the neighborhood up" and watch your property turn from s%$#! to gold. In Omonia alone this happens every few years. Every year you hear "they cleaned up Omonia again" only to hear " Asee xalia pali" the next year. 

On the world scale the US gets to destabilize the middle east. They remove "tyrants" who in essence are just leaders who were aware of the fact that they were dealing with animals and thus treated most of their people as such (Saddam being the biggest example). The power vacuum makes it easier for the US to get their hands on oil while at the same time equipping ALL sides of the 1000-sided civil wars that break out in regions where the people just love killing for the sake of killing. In essence the US gets to stir things up , make some pocket change, and Europe cough Greece cough pays the tab in the form of an invasion by millions of moosleems , which brings us to another face of this crisis.

2. The geopolitical face: Turkey is gaining from this as they can continue to finance their interests in Thraki and people like mr. Xatziosman can enter parliament. The left wing parties, anarchist, and unions will continue to grow as all they have to do is give out some flyers, give them some flags, some slogans about the "workers rights", some hoods to burn down a building or two, and you just expanded your influence by a few hundred thousand more. In Belgium there is already a mayor who is trying to bring Sharia law to brussels. 

Ironically while Christians are stranded in the middle east and northern africa getting slaughtered and watching everything they've built get burned to the ground, "moosleems" get to come to the western world "for a better life", with their baby bumps and patiently watch as their numbers multiply and as their imams get louder and LOUDER. Basically turning their "new homes" to the same s%$#! holes they were apparently trying to escape. Everywhere these pests go, the neighborhood turns into a slum, the crime rate skyrockets, and the quality of life falls. Don't be fooled by your friendly muslim neighbor, as it is part of their religion (taqia its called) to deceive others if they are outnumbered or it isn't within their interests to outwardly proclaim their shariah beliefs. Behind closed doors most of them sympathize with shariah beliefs and statistics show that in countries that are majority muslim, Shariah as the source of legislation is OVERWHELMINGLY FAVORED including the "peaceful, loving, and innocent" palestinians. In countries where muslims are a minority (including the US), the majority of them want shariah law (as shown by the arab spring) , and an even bigger percentage of them feel that following their personal muslim ideologies is more important than following the law of the country that is accepting them. Thus why there has been a 200+% serge in rapes in countries like Sweden and throughout Europe. They're simply following their religious code as any woman who is not wearing that rag on their head is considered a prostitute. Also in the US they have collegiate groups called MSA's (muslim student associations) across different universities, colleges, and campuses who spread this filthy faith as well as keep ties with groups like the muslim brotherhood. 

3. Social face: While the humanitarians, leftists, and flower children become one with their moosleem counterparts, churches are turning into mosques. Neighborhoods are changing into no-go zones where just being a citizen oft he country will get you harassed by some imam cleric, or your house can get attacked because you have Greek flags hanging outside your balcony (video footage available upon request) People are growing unhappy and paranoid , because something like a camera can be enough to get you killed. You also have to become increasingly worried about what you can say or do as you might come off as "politically incorrect" or "racist" as the new fad is to be forced to be tolerant towards the intolerant, and after all a cartoon can land you six feet under right? Your quality of life and aesthetic is being destroyed. Drugs are coming in at a larger rate than ever before and so is disease. Before you know it Europe is an ugly slum, shadow of its former self, which is still paradise to "mooohameett".....

Solution: Close your boarders, use the navy to patrol them, anything that doesn't change course sinks. Barricade and secure the weakest points of entrance and start mass deportations. You can only stay if you've been her for years and have taxes or some other evidence that you have been a productive member of society. Where they go is not our problem or our business and there should be humanitarian efforts to brings Christians into Europe who are really suffering, but after or as the wave of habibis is combated.

• 1 month later...

Judging by that 2nd photo nearly all of them look to be young and middle aged men. And their supposed not to be economic migrants? If they were refugees from a war surely it would mostly be women and children. And if these men are Syrian then shouldn't they be fighting in a civil war right now?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why even recuse these people.  Just let them drown.  All these muslim terrorists are invading Europe and Europeans are too dumb to figure it out.  France is having monthly terrorists attacks by these people and they are still coming in by the thousands.  You know how these people are.  They come in, demand food and health care, strain the system, and then have 10 little mohammads and next you thing you know, they will be 40% of the population.

Edited by gyros
  • Like it 2

I'm not a fan of immigration in general, but yes Muslamic immigration is the worst kind in my opinion. I'm not going to do a massive religious rant about Islam, but just look at how much the Muslim population has grown over the last 25 years in countries like Sweden, France, Belgium, UK, Germany etc. Those sort of countries made big mistakes with their immigration policies, now they have created divided communities and those mistakes cannot be reversed. Thanks to high Muslim birth rates too, in more European cities Muslim populations will reach 25% and some maybe even 50% in the future.

I'm assuming that the Eastern and Southern European countries who's citizens are still basically all native Europeans (inc. Greece) will not be stupid enough to make the same mistakes on immigration from outside Europe that the North-Western European countries made. And I hope that the countries that have already let large amounts of Islamic/non-European immigrants in, don't continue down the same path and end up sleepwalking into becoming an Islamic republic.

Excellent point Koro.  The sick thing to me is that these people are coming into Greece UNINVITED and demanding to be fed and given medicine etc...  Now they are on the northern border trying to get through to Macedonia and of course Macedonia wants no part of these people either.  What a mess.  Its bad enough we are bankrupt, now we have to deal with this crap. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another conspiracy I have is with Isis.  You can't tell me that they can destroy Isis in a few weeks.  These are idiots roaming around in Nike shoes and Toyota pickup trucks.  Its like they are letting Isis do whatever.  Also, the fact that they sell oil, they could easily find out where the oil is coming from and blow up their oil fields.  Something isn't right with ISIS.  Like they are allowed to stay there to cause chaos which is unfortunately allowing all the Mohammeds to invade Greece and the rest of Europe.

Put them in Saudi Arabia or something.  I can't believe people are picking on Hungary like they have an obligation to house and feed thousands of Muslims.  Nobody wants these people because once they get in, they will have 10 kids, and demand Mosques, and next thing you know, they will take over.  Its not like Europe has an abundance of jobs for these people either. They all want to go to the UK, Germany, and Sweden because they will get hooked up with freebies.  These people suck.  Demanding food, health care, housing and protesting.  Get the F*** out of here and go back home.  

Here in UK we've already taken loads of refugees from Somalia in the past, but they've struggled to integrate with the natives and the more established Caribbean immigrants too, so the Somali's live in their own segregated areas now. Same thing would probably happen if Syrian refugees were taken in too.

Millions of people will always want to come to Europe for a better life, there is always poverty and nearly always war somewhere too. It would be great if Europe could save loads of refugees from Syria or wherever and then everything would end happily ever after. But in reality such a migration would only benefit those that go to Europe and get a better life, while the war/poverty remains in the Middle East and Europe has a new set of problems associated with accommodating for the refugees.

European leaders have to think long term. There are already social and racial tensions associated with non-European migrants and Muslims, this will only increase with more refugees. Europe is also very densely populated and unsustainable environmentally, something immigration would only worsen.

• Like it 2

Unless conditions improve in those war-torn, poor countries, there will always be illegal immigration, so it's in the interest of the wealthier countries to be proactive in foreign policy with long-term vision. In the near future, the changing weather & environment will produce more refugees. The Middle East is getting drier, whereas with the rising of the oceans countries like Bangladesh are going to lose much of their land.

Now, what do you do with those who are risking life to enter a country? Shoot them? Drown them? Arrest them and keep them locked up until they starve to death? I'm amazed that so many.. good, devout, pius, Xtians with apprarently the love of Jesus in their hearts, are saying just that!

The other problem is integration. I recognize that very different cultures are clashing. When newcomers arrive in big numbers, they establish their own communities where they try to preserve their own culture which is often very different than their natives'. Conservative Islam is a problem in most western societies. It's difficult to eradicate its influence but not impossible. There should be no Sharia (law), and women should have the rights and protections of civil liberties & the law. Compulsory public education is a must. Any terrorist activity or threats of violence (I don't care for what reason) must be grounds for immediate expulsion or other severe civil penalties.

Unfortunately, some of the Xtian churches are in favor of any religious law and their own "independence" from the secular (evil) state. Even in Britain the idiot leader of the Anglican church is OK with Saria, which allows Islamic "courts" to adjudicate! Female genital mutilation is widespread  in the ghettos of Muslim communities in Europe, not to mention other mistreatment of Muslim women. This must stop.

Speaking of ghettos, the more separation there's the more difficult to integrate and, thus, difficult reduce the influnce of traditional/conservative religious practices. Young people and those born to immigrants should have a way to integrate and to find economic opportunity outside their own communities. If this happens--as it has in the US--you'd be amazed to see these new immigrants becoming more patriotic than the natives.

Btw, did you see the black kid who almost died getting into Greece a few years ago, now being the highest scorer in the university exams?

The modern state was built on notions of citizenship and nationalism, and thus created patriots!  (forget the movies, before the modern state, there was no patriotism as peope's allegiance wasn't with the country but with their clan, tribe, and their religion--like Afghanistan is today).  If you have a stake/interest in the country, they you are a patriot citizen. So, the task is to make the new immigrants have a stake in their newly-adopted ..country.

Look, scenes like that don't help the immigrants' cause. Through selected videos out of context or without all the relevant facts are pften used to incite. Personally, I condemn such acts, though these scenes are rather ..mild by comparison.....

Also, it's not "those Muslims".... Xtians, including Greeks, have done things like that, even riots much worse than what this video shows.  Have you forgotten deadly and destructive soccer riots?!!  Those Greek fans from all Greek clubs have done worse and not because they wanted ..bread, or water, etc.

Look, scenes like that don't help the immigrants' cause. Through selected videos out of context or without all the relevant facts are pften used to incite. Personally, I condemn such acts, though these scenes are rather ..mild by comparison.....

Also, it's not "those Muslims".... Xtians, including Greeks, have done things like that, even riots much worse than what this video shows.  Have you forgotten deadly and destructive soccer riots?!!  Those Greek fans from all Greek clubs have done worse and not because they wanted ..bread, or water, etc.

You can't compare Greek idiots rioting for a day to Muslims who will turn your country into filth.  These people are demanding all kinds of stuff and blocking trains etc... Who gives them this right.  Is their a rule we have to take a bunch of Muslims in the country.  They can easily go to Turkey but no they want to go to Europe because Europeans are generally gullible and stupid and "feel sorry" for them.  Then its too late and you turn into France where you have monthly attacks from idiots.  Why aren't fellow Muslims like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia taking them in.  These countries are rich from oil too.  Because they don't want these people in their country causing strife.

• Like it 1

This is exactly what the UN was created for.  To stop situations like this.  But in truth, it is a weak organisation that has mostly been used by the 5 nations that have veto power, to further their own ends.

I don't think a lot of people realise the situation in Syria.  It's Muslims vs Muslims.  Shia vs Sunni.  Hezbollah vs Isis vs Kurds.  It's a mess.  Why are they trying to kill each other ?  Why is there so much hatred over religious issues ?  As long as religion is a driving force for a nation, you will always have the potential for this.  And it's not going to stop without some sort of outside intervention.  If you just leave it to play out, things will continue as they are only worse.  The UN/EU either have to get in there with troops, or pick a side and arm them to the teeth to end this.

The EU should have been more pro-active from a few years ago.  The situation in Syria is close to them, but they chose to bury their heads in the sand thinking it'll all be fine and it won't affect them.  And now that it has, their best solution is knee jerk reactions.  Let the country where the refugees land deal with it.  Yep, no problem with that.  Call me cynical, but now that Greece, Skopje and Serbia allowed the refugees to get closer to Germany, all of a sudden Hungary gets "hard core" with the refugees.  More like as Germany saw they were getting closer, Germany either put the hard word or offered "incentives" to Hungary.  That's their best solution so far.  Cool, good luck with that.

I will agree on one point that many posters bring up, and that is why don't the Syrian refugees stay in Turkey ?  I find it odd that they wouldn't prefer to stay there.  It's not like Turkey is a 3rd world economy.  They would be safe, which should be their key concern, and there is a religious and "cultural" similarity between them.  Sure, Germany is a better option, but do they really think they'll get there easily ?  I wonder what role Turkey is playing in this.

To other posters that say "just let them drown".  It's easy to say that, and then you see the images of little Aylun Kurdi, and you think, what have we become ?  We have to be better than that.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 2

To those on here who say "let them drown"......**************************** DELETED

You are not people,********************* DELETED

God forbid, one day when Greeks are fleeing Greece because they don't have anything to eat, we'll all say "let them drown". 

You make me feel ashamed to be Greek.