Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

I am watching the AEK - Olympiakos cup game (1:0 in 20th minute) and for a new stadium the pitch is in bad condition. You would think the stadium should have the best pitch in Greece.

Speaking of the cup, who do we want in the final? AEK or Olympiakos?

Probably Olympiakos, but the benefit of AEK making it through would be ensuring they have that extra game to play - any extra fatigue we can force upon our opponents is a good thing. AEK is more of a threat in the league, so we want them more tired, in other words.

I would like Olympiakos because they don't have a good team currently. How we did not beat them last Sunday is a sad accomplishment.

Anyway it looks like it is AEK in the final as they defeated Olympiakos 3:0 in their first game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 6:02 AM, Blackhawk said:

I am watching the AEK - Olympiakos cup game (1:0 in 20th minute) and for a new stadium the pitch is in bad condition. You would think the stadium should have the best pitch in Greece.

Speaking of the cup, who do we want in the final? AEK or Olympiakos?

Pitch i bad condition?? Not being biased but there has been no issue what so ever with the pitch not does it appear so. 

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Mimis Papaioannou who past away today. One of the greatest players in Greek football history. Played in 1960's, 1970's. Self proclaimed die hard PAOK fan who ended playing for AEK despite the fact that he wanted to play for PAOK. Something he discussed in the interview below. I could only imagine PAOK which would have had Papaioannou, Koudas and Sarafis on its roster.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier today in playoff games:

Volos - AEK  0:1

Clear handball by AEK player in 86th minute which should have been a penalty. What do you expect when the result of the game was predetermined during an earlier dinner:

May be an image of 7 people and people sitting

It's easily given in Greek Superleague. The matter is who it is against. I would bet 100 dollars if that was the other way around the ref would have awarded a penalty to Volos.

Volos players Kleiman and Escoval that played at Toumba on Sunday were arrested on Tuesday morning. Kleiman was arrested for attempted rape at a bar in Kolonaki (Athens). Escoval was present during the incident and was arrested as well. During the arrest illegal drugs were discovered in the possession of the two players. Later in the day Achilleas Beos released both players from their contracts and they are no longer players of Volos.

O Aris must pay 350K to Mitroglou within 5 working days or they have to dock 3 points. It was a gamble to contract him in a sporting matter but this might be worse. The man did not deliver at all and costed them a fortune for the short stint there.

And for who is interested, Mitroglou is now playing for SpVgg Rheurdt-Schaephuysen, a team playing in the tenth (!) tier of German football....

• Like it 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice article and some great pictures. Banik ultras are quite notorious, mostly for their hatred against the Olympiakos of Czech football, Sparta Prague.

I am hoping to catch a Banik game when I will be visiting Ostrava later this year. Unfortunately it won't be in the stadium (Bazaly) where I grew up watching Banik, but at the renovated Mestsky Stadium, which used to be the home for the town rival Vitkovice FC. 

• Like it 1