Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

Olympiakos have been fined and received a one match stadium ban for excessive flares in the derby against Panathinaikos. So at this stage when we play them in 2 weeks it will be an empty stadium.

They will probably appeal and lets face it this is Greece, so I'm guessing 30,000 sell out crowd when we travel down to Piraeus. 

The punishment was for delay of game (several times) because of low visibility due to the flares. They do that at every "derby" and never got punished for it in the past. Apparently there is a confusion if they have the right to appeal the decision. In any case I would like to beat them in front of a full house.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Owners must like consistency. Can't screw that up by actually winning a game!

I am more of a pessimist and think Tzolis and Giannoulis will find themselves sidelined and then cut. I did notice in last weekend's game (a loss) they were on the bench. To anyone who actually pays attention to Norwich: did Farke lose faith in them? Were they that bad?

12 hours ago, pash said:

Owners must like consistency. Can't screw that up by actually winning a game!

I am more of a pessimist and think Tzolis and Giannoulis will find themselves sidelined and then cut. I did notice in last weekend's game (a loss) they were on the bench. To anyone who actually pays attention to Norwich: did Farke lose faith in them? Were they that bad?

They've both been a bit unlucky IMO. Giannoulis started the season as their left-back, Norwich played Liverpool and Man City 2 of the best teams in the world and were dully spanked. Giannoulis was hooked off at halftime of the City game for a poor 1st half and didn't see the pitch for a while. He worked his way back into the team and started their last 2-3 games before being dropped again last night.

Tzolis has been under utilised considering Norwich's struggles, and most Norwich fans seems to think he should've seen the pitch more. In a cup match against Liverpool he took a penalty he wasn't meant too (took the ball away from the usual PK taker) and sure enough missed it. Seems he's been in the bad books since then only coming off the bench twice since then. 

I think ultimately Giannoulis isn't good enough for the Premier League, defensively he just isn't at the level. Going forward he is elite IMO. He will hopefully settle, in Germany or Italy because he is too good for Greece. 

Tzolis could be anything, he needs to stay grounded and work hard. His tactical and defensive game is what hold him back, but he has age on his side. We'll see. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

EPO really want Santos back. Maybe they appoint an interim coach until March when wcup playoffs have concluded. Donis, Dellas and Valverde are on their wish list as well. JVS tenure with the Ethniki looks all but done.

I thought I had posted this under the NT coaches thread. Can someone please move it there. Thanks..

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2021 at 2:46 PM, paokarag4 said:

Ruben Semedo arrested for the alleged rape of an underage girl. Now makes sense why Olympiakos were desperately trying to unload him over the past few weeks. 

Ο Ρούμπεν Σεμέδο στον ανακριτή

https://www.sport24.gr/epikairothta/roympen-semedo-ston-anakriti-o-portogalos-katigoreitai-gia-omadiko-viasmo.9338386.html

And he is in troubles again. He was violent against his girlfriend/wife.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day for us. AEK lost to Panaitolikos (1-2), PAO drew vs Oly 0-0 (though I guess since PAO is the only team that could really threaten our finishing at least 3rd, perhaps I should have hoped for an Olympiakos win?).

The mighty Aris also had a 0-0 draw yesterday.

1 hour ago, pash said:

Good day for us. AEK lost to Panaitolikos (1-2), PAO drew vs Oly 0-0 (though I guess since PAO is the only team that could really threaten our finishing at least 3rd, perhaps I should have hoped for an Olympiakos win?).

The mighty Aris also had a 0-0 draw yesterday.

We are 9 points behind Oly. Not saying it will happen, but we control our destiny. Win out and we win the league (we play them 3 more times). I’d give those chances at less than 5%