Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

Hmmm...

https://inpaok.com/653380/erchetai-to-volos-tv/

Can't imagine they're gonna have many fans here but I'd pay to see our away games (if this were to exist this season).

Would be fun if Savvidis just spun off PAOKTV as an online-only player, snapping up rights here and there. I'd say it would never fly (I mean, it shouldn't as it's a real conflict of interest) but it's not as if terrestrial television isn't already a cesspool of exactly those kinds of conflicts.

Savvas Theodoridis, the clown that used to come out after Olympiakos games giving interviews to a hand with a microphone and claiming that there are 6 million Olympiakos fans and that O Aris is the biggest team up North died from COVID 19 complications. RIP.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently "we sold our B' team" to an Australian businessman Bill Papas (Vasilis Papadimitriou). The selling price apparently depends if the Xanthi stays in Superleague 1. Otherwise the selling price is cut in half. 

And speaking of the relegation/promotion playoffs, it is being played right now wit Apollon completely dominating Xanthi and I have no doubts they will win the promotion. Xanthi is playing with their U17 team as all the players from this past season did not renew their contracts.

• Like it 1

On 8/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, Dutch Eagle said:

The cup final scheduled for tomorrow is postponed again. This time because Maxi Lovera has COVID-19.  Karpouzi Republic. 

Why am I not surprised. This covid thing can be used to get out of many unpleasant situations.

So if OFI were to beat Apollon Limassol, they'd get the winner of the Hammarby/Lech Poznan tie

If Aris wins, they'll get HNK Rijeka from Croatia.

As for AEK, they've been drawn against St Gallen, which I believe is Prijovic's home town?

Overall, I think there's a very good chance we'll have three clubs in the competition. Possibly four, though I think five is a stretch. Hopefully they all surprise me, we need those delicious country coefficient points.

6 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

We don't want any clubs in the group stage (except PAOK). We want 100% of the market pool.

We can't bitch and whine about our country coefficient and then hope that every team fails to qualify.

• Like it 4

Common sense seems to have prevailed and the league will start next weekend on the 11th-13th September. AEK-Olympiakos have been "drawn" to play each other in the first round, so that match has been postponed so they can play the Cup final and the rest of the league can get underway. 

Also it seems our request to play on the Friday night (11th) will be granted so we can have the maximum possible break before the Benfica game. 

17 hours ago, pash said:

We can't bitch and whine about our country coefficient and then hope that every team fails to qualify.

I never bitch and whine about the country coefficient. The only coefficient I bitch about is PAOK's coefficient which determines if we will be seeded in the draws. :wink:

• Like it 1

On 8/17/2020 at 3:08 PM, Blackhawk said:

Savvas Theodoridis, the clown that used to come out after Olympiakos games giving interviews to a hand with a microphone and claiming that there are 6 million Olympiakos fans and that O Aris is the biggest team up North died from COVID 19 complications. RIP.

Talking bad about a dead man, bravo sou! A real class act you are. Also I'm not sure what your source is but he has been battling cancer for a good part of the year now.

• Like it 2

Just because he is dead does not make him less of a clown. He chose to be used as a puppet in the theater that is Greek football. I'll admit he was a fairly good goalkeeper. Like I said in  my initial post RIP.