Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

21 hours ago, Bananas said:

How on earth did we buy players ?  Wasn’t it with Savvidis money ?

Not according to the rules, we ain't allowed to do that. I think the loopholes are sponsorships and aksizi kefaleou. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:16 AM, Emperor said:

Λάθος κάνεις και αυτό αποδεικνύεται από την πρόσφατη ιστορία. Με αρκετά χαμηλότερου budget ρόστερ από το σημερινό, ο Άρης την περίοδο 2007-2011 και στους ομίλους του Europa League έπαιξε και πήρε και μία πρόκριση στους 32 έναντι της τροπαιούχου Atletico Μαδρίτης, την οποία μάλιστα νικήσαμε εντός και εκτός (η μοναδική νίκη ελληνικής ομάδας στην Ισπανία), από όμιλο φωτιά με Atletico, Bayer Leverkusen, Rosenborg. Και φυσικά, εκτός από τη διπλή νίκη με Atletico (1-0 και 2-3), νικήσαμε εκείνα τα χρόνια τους Ερυθρό Αστέρα (3-0), Zaragoza (1-0), Austria Βιέννης (1-0), Ρόζενμποργκ (2-0), κλπ. Όλες αυτές οι ομάδες είχαν πολύ ακριβότερο ρόστερ από εμάς. Ασφαλώς τα λεφτά παίζουν πρωταρχικό ρόλο, κάποιες ομάδες όμως έχουν δυναμική, ακόμη και με μικρότερο μπάτζετ. Τον Άρη θα τον σέβεστε!

Όντως είχατε κάνει μεγάλες νίκες τότε. Δεν σημαίνει πως γίνεται κάθε φορά όμως. Αν ήταν τόσο εύκολα κανένας πρόεδρος δεν θα έβαζε λεφτά.

I saw some tweet earlier about fans trying to attack Oly's bench or something but I don't know if that's what actually happened. I tuned in just as I posted

Nice shot by Kace in the 9th minute of stoppage

-edit- Saw this. Very sad. But yeah let's complain only about the refs. How about if you bring a balaclava to a frigging game, you get kicked out? Goes for Gates 4, 13, 7, etc etc etc etc

Edited by pash

Game paused again. I guess the smoke is too bad for one of the gates, so fans are being moved. Visually, it doesn't look that bad, but apparently it's tear gas (from outside). Players are in the tunnel.

22 hours ago, pash said:

Thanks for blowing up my spot bro

He's not the only one.

Yesterday while driving back home from Pittsburgh my son calls me and tells me about the events at the PAO - Oly game and he reads me  your post from Instagram about the 8 points deduction which he found funny and then asks me "do you know this Pashalis guy?" 

Do not remember how I got there but first thing I thought was that it sounded like something one of the Phantis members could have said. ?

Btw. Aris trashed Apollon and with us winning against Panetolikos and the "fans" of Pana behaving like they did, Aris is in drivers seat for Europe. 

If PAOK and AEK reach the final there are thoughts of playing the game either behind closed doors at OAKA or playing it outside of Greece. Since both teams have ties to Constantinople why not play the game there? 

Olympiakos further reducing the budget for transfers:

https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/578884/xamilonei-metagrafiko-mpatzet-toy-olympiakoy

Not what I would imagine they should do, especially since Olympiakos scouts have been doing a poor job lately. 

Seems like its strategy based on the fact that they think their squad is good enough and just needs a few adjustments, without even considering that the competition might spend big. Or that they just gave up, or that Marinakis would rather take care of his new premier league team.

Big opportunity for the other also-rans to chip away at Olympiakos. As it stands the only advantage they have going into CL qualifiers is their coefficient - if they don't make it this year (and spend less money on players going forward), I'm not sure how competitive they will truly be. If they can still make it in, however, the money might suddenly "appear" again...

Thing is, I have no idea what their actual finances are like. Does Marinakis bankroll the club to the extent Savvidis does? I would think he would not need to, given the amount of money they could have banked from all that CL participation in the past two decades... Honestly, my hope is that we'll be able to do just that - become self-sustaining, without needing to ask papa for a handout.

13 hours ago, pash said:

Big opportunity for the other also-rans to chip away at Olympiakos. As it stands the only advantage they have going into CL qualifiers is their coefficient

They will only be seeded in Q2. Lyon, Basel, Kiyv, Porto or Benfica have a higher coefficient in Q3 and PO.