Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

Olympiakos drew 0-0 at home vs Vitor's new team. Hopefully they remain this week for the Super League. May be our big chance after all. Hopefully we don't have an Anastasiadis-style decline (yet again).

After all those years we'll see an exciting championship. I'm 1926% sure about that. Bazelos has on paper a very good team, Koula looks weaker but if they play like last season I wouldn't write them off.

Gavros on the other hand had a horrible performance so far. I bet that they won't play tsou lou this year.

Now's our time to shine, finally.

• Like it 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With all this noise now with Olympiakos, Reaper, what's the general attitude amongst Oly fans?  I already know the PAO, AEK and PAOK media is reporting to downfall of Mussolini and the exorcism of Satan himself, but I figure the worst that happens is that Marinakis just sells off his shares on paper and be done.  I don't buy for a second the reports that 1.) Marinakis is going to jail 2.) Oly will be relegated 3.) Past titles will be revoked or any other nonsense.

Looks like UEFA is looking into the prosecutor's allegations.

«Η UEFA ερευνά τον Βαγγέλη Μαρινάκη»

Σύμφωνα με δημοσίευμα του Press Association Sport ο Βαγγέλης Μαρινάκης βρίσκεται υπό τον έλεγχο της ΟΥΕΦΑ για την υπόθεση της «εγκληματικής οργάνωσης» στο ελληνικό ποδόσφαιρο!  
Σύμφωνα με αξιωματούχο της UEFA, βρίσκεται σε εξέλιξη έρευνα για τον Ολυμπιακό. Αυτό άλλωστε δήλωσε στο Press Association Sport «H UEFA επιβεβαιώνει πως υπάρχει έρευνα σε εξέλιξη για τον Ολυμπιακό. Επιπλέον, η Ομοσπονδία επιβεβαιώνει ότι έχει στείλει επίσημο αίτημα στον εισαγγελέα Σταμάτη Δασκαλόπουλο προκειμένου να λάβει αντίγραφο της αναφοράς που εκδόθηκε» και πρόσθεσε: «Δεν έχει παρθεί η τελική απόφαση από την Ελληνική Δικαιοσύνη ούτε για το σύλλογο ούτε για τον ιδιοκτήτη του». 

Η UEFA αναθέρμανε το ενδιαφέρον της για την υπόθεση, αφού δε χρειάζεται να υπάρχει καταδικαστική απόφαση για να τιμωρήσει ένα σύλλογο ή ένα πρόσωπο. 

Παράλληλα, ο Guardian τονίζει πως ο Βαγγέλης Μαρινάκης δεν θα έχει πρόβλημα να πάρει τα ηνία της Νότιγχαμ, αφού δεν υπάρχει σε βάρος του καταδικαστική απόφαση. 

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/977134/i-uefa-ereyna-ton-vaggeli-marinaki

Meanwhile it is reported that all the EPO employees (including Girtzikis) implicated in the 29 million Euro player insurance scam will step down from their positions, only one day before they would have been forced out legally by sports authorities. Temporary EPO board will be put in place until the elections are held at the end of October. 

So far PAO and AEK (currently) have shown they're the real deal.  Opening the season with a 3-0 is always a great way to set the tone.  From what I've read, they look to be a solid team.  AEK is up 3-1 right now, and from the looks of things, this thing'll end up with a 5-2 or better scoreline for them....also another great start to the season.  Are we going to see the PAOK of the last few years?  A bunch of lame ducks out there, losing our opening match, of a draw?  Or will we rise to the occasion, and tear Panetolikos a new a$$hole?? 

21 minutes ago, BostonThanatos said:

So far PAO and AEK (currently) have shown they're the real deal.  Opening the season with a 3-0 is always a great way to set the tone.  From what I've read, they look to be a solid team.  AEK is up 3-1 right now, and from the looks of things, this thing'll end up with a 5-2 or better scoreline for them....also another great start to the season.  Are we going to see the PAOK of the last few years?  A bunch of lame ducks out there, losing our opening match, of a draw?  Or will we rise to the occasion, and tear Panetolikos a new a$$hole?? 

We will see.  This comes down to the mentality of the squad, how many players in the squad we have that want to win each and every game.  We've always had a squad that lifts for the derbies and European games, but when it comes to the league they've always just fizzled out quite early.  I'm hoping new additions like Matos, Varela, Canas are mentally "tough" and this resonates through the squad.  Like I said, we will see.

I'd like to see him shine, I really do.  He is PAOK from top to bottom, and it'd be nice to get a nice return on investment on him, but you're right....I think he'll be one of those players that'll we'll be carrying around for a while.  

Ideally, I'd like for him to come out guns blazing in the League and in Europe.  Get a call up to NT, and have some good showings there and then maybe go to Russia, Italy, etc for around 3-5 Million then come back the last year of his career for the farewell tour.

• Like it 1

Assuming these are sent via wire, it should be the simplest thing in the world to know exactly where each sum goes. Most forms of electronic payment (especially ones available at the institutional level) also come with reference numbers and the ability to trigger a recall of the amounts in question. So unless West Ham was literally handing out piles of cash or sending a sketchy intermediary a lump sum, this should not be able to happen.

• 2 weeks later...