• Home Team will win with a 2 goal difference
    • Home Team will win with a 1 goal difference
    • Draw 0-0
    • Draw 1-1
    • Draw with 2+ goals each
    • Away Team will win with a 1 goal difference
    • Away Team will win with a 2 goal difference
    • Away Team will win with a 3+ goal difference

Its been a long time since we had a pre-game poll to host the game thread.

Lets hope its a lucky one for AEK despite the recent turbulance in the Football Department and at all levels of Sport and Club management.

I will predict a 1-2 AEK win "and the Brains on the bars" ! :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answer me something....

What would you do if AEK won a penalty in the 90th minute, Lybe took it and missed? :P :P :P I would really want to see your reactions....

Remember cup final when same thing happened with Mitsaras!!!! :P :P

RE VGALTE TOYS VAZELES APO THN OMADA SAS GIATI THA SAS KAPSOYN!!!

NIKOLA VAZELA PETA THN FANELA!!! :P :P

PAO - AEK 0:1 by Okkas and Persias on the bench.....

But it could be also Petkov........ all the Greek Medias...started "ta Organa"....me h AEK me fantastico podosfairo.....kai " h palia AEK".....

Now that I have seen the game on Video.....my opinion is....that I did not see something special......in the offensive part.....

What I saw is.....AEK is working harder in the midfield.....gives not many free spaces to the opponents...and no time to them to construct their play....automatically Hraklis did not have many chances.....the defense looks also better under this circumstances.....

There is also a bit more fire in the team....compared 2-3 months ago........

Petkov is in good form.....and he brings a fresh air into the team.....after his break.

I m positive..........we have a good team ...good players...... , without our problems... with the board...the stadium ...and the "crazy cow syndrome" of certain fans, we could have been easy on the top...........

With a victory next Sunday ,we are in the game again (hoping like every year)....

HAHAHA OKKAS, I doubt if OKKAS can score on an empty net.... :P :P

The new Michalakis (in a much worse sense) has scored a couple of goals throughout the season, against 2nd rate teams for the cup.....

Even if we take Nikopolidis home, OKKAS wont score in a thousand years... :P :P

If it wasnt for Lybe I would say that the game is ours.... But I have faith in him and I know that his heart belongs to PAO.... There is no way he will score against us!!!!

I don't understand the belief that Lybe wouldn't score against his beloved Pao. Remember why he is no longer there, so will have a point to prove. I don't believe he'd celebrate too much, but he wouldn't think twice about sticking a chance away.

Can't see anything but a Pao victory. 3-1, Lybe to score!!

this game will show how the departer of bajevic affect the club...either a great performance or a horrendous one...i think that even without crisis, a well played pao could beat aek...but this is a derby and it can go either way...no predictions but it will surely be one match to watch....

I'm very cautious to call this one. I respect AEK quite a bit, but derby time is derby time... :P If you recall the PAO/Olympiakos derby, PAO fans (me included) were saying that PAO was going to take it in the butt in Rizoupoli. This was after one of our CL crap outs (I think Stuttgart at the Leoforo), but we did well 2-2 and could have won it. Let me backtrack some more. The first derby between PAO-AEK. This was when people still thought that AEK was going to win the league and we were winning games by 1 goal and Sanmartean was the only thing that was saving us from blowing those games. Some guys were calling us arrogant and not wanting to see reality and that you would clober us...Yet we managed to play well against you guys, Chalkias stopped a PK, and Sanmartean should've had a pk. Had it not been for Geo's late-game heroics, we would've won.

That's all in the past and it shows that it's hard to predict what will happen. PAO has struggled since the break with the exception of last week. It was good to see Papadopoulos get on the score sheet again and if Konstantinou scores it will aid his confidence tremendously. With the return of Seitaridis, Demba itching to get a goal, and Gonzalez on his way, I hope and tend to think that we will be envigorated and excited.

As for AEK, anything can happen with Bajevic gone. I think that it will be a big monkey off of the fans' back and they will back the team hard. Libe will try and may very well do something, but I think that Morris and Henriksen will have him and Okka covered. I think it will be a very entertaining game with passion from both sides and the usual nail-biting ending :tup:

I'm going to cautiously predict: PAO 3 - 2 AEK

Goals: Papadopoulos, Sapanis, Konstantinou/Liberopoulos, Katsouranis

This was after one of our CL crap outs (I think Stuttgart at the Leoforo), but we did well 2-2 and could have won it. Let me backtrack some more. The first derby between PAO-AEK. This was when people still thought that AEK was going to win the league and we were winning games by 1 goal and Sanmartean was the only thing that was saving us from blowing those games.

and Sanmartean should've had a pk

My memory says that OLy-Pao was 1-1 not 2-2......

Further on for the penalty you mentioned...... the referee should have given us 3....but gave 1.........and yes it is true....that also PAO should have been rewarded with one penalty......plus Zautatas should have been sent off for using his ellbow against Okkas in front of the referees eyes...........

Till you scored the first goal....you did not see even our penalty box area.........then our big Chiotis, who got many supporters here, came to help you in the first cross into the small box area....he was just sitting on the line.....like always.....and you could tank selfconfidence.......... thanks the mighty Chiotis.

we can see in the last foto, Libe's expressing his true feelings for no longer being able to play for the club he truly loves.

Possibly, but as the poet wrote:

Yet each man kills the thing he loves

By each let this be heard,

Some do it with a bitter look,

Some with a flattering word,

The coward does it with a kiss,

The brave man with a sword!

01/30/2004. The Athens derby between Panathinaikos and AEK will be the centre of attention this weekend at "Apostolos Nikolaidis" (Leoforos) football field, where Itzhak Shum's team remain undefeated this season in domestic competition and have a 100% record.

Second-placed Panathinaikos are eight points up on fourth-placed AEK, both sides were impressive last weekend and both teams cannot afford to drop any points, as the hosts are trailing leaders Olympiakos by one point in the race for the Greek title, while the visitors are trailing by two points third placed PAOK Thessaloniki in the race for a Champions League spot.

AEK were a preseason title contender but failed to live up to expectations due to many internal problems. They are currently in a big crisis and the resignation of Dusan Bajevic on Sunday during the game against Iraklis Thessaloniki (4-0) in reaction to insulting personal remarks from a section of fans in the stands for the umpteenth time, is bound to generate further havoc in the team.

The respected Serb-Greek coach, Bajevic, during his reign, fought stubbornly to keep AEK intact despite the club's financial straits which led to several rounds of threatened walkouts by players over unpaid fees. Bajevic, supported by his heavy clout, managed to persuade most players to stay on. But without Bajevic, the club's stability and cohesion is now severely endangered.

Bajevic's assistant coach Takis Persias, a former Olympiakos player who had also been verbally abused, and physically attacked by certain AEK fans for his previous services at the Piraeus club, might be on the bench for Sunday's game only, after a request of Dusan Bajevic.

Panathinaikos are in high spirits after their 3-0 thrashing of Kalithea last Sunday and Israeli coach Itzhak Shum for the first time since his arrival at the Athens giants, has no injury worries and he was satisfied that Kyrgiakos, Olisadebe, Seitaridis and Sanmartean have recovered from injuries and can return to action.

The match will be broadcast live on SuperSport TV (Sunday 19:30 GR) and the draw for the referee was performed and the best Greek referee, Kyros Vassaras (Thessaloniki), was chosen.

Nikola, Vazela....

Peta th fanela!

p.s we can see in the last foto, Libe's expressing his true feelings for no longer being able to play for the club he truly loves.

Just be carefull because the way he left PAO this summer might mean he is getting ready to participate in the Derby in a dufferent way from what you expected...

Posted Image

;)

Archived