Phantis Forums

Future Players Of The National Team

Dean97

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

what are the rules for caps? for example giannou got capped for Greece yet he was able to switch for Australia? (guessing cuz it was just a friendly?)

he was already capped by australia by the time he played with greece, hence we lost that game on paper (that idiot skibbe wasn't aware of, which cost us some points on the rankings)

• Like it 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Argy said:

Informative AgonaSport article on some potential future NT players.  

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/18-greek-talents-for-the-future

I saw that same article. They describe the players very well. Let's hope they live up to expectations in the coming years.

Also to note players like Galanopoulos, Limnios, Androutsos, Manthatis and Gianniotis should be in and around the national team right now. Kourbelis, Pelkas, Stafylidis, Kapino and Lykogiannis should have cemented places in the team by now. Donis and Retsos are progressing faster than what these others have. 

• Like it 1

4 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Dean players like Kourbelis, Pelkas, and Lykogiannis have not been given the opportunity via Skibbe

That's right. They should of been given chances ages ago. They've should have by now 5-6 caps each. The problem was we had no friendlies and Skibbe trusted the more experienced Samaris, Tziolis and Maniatis. This time around with friendlies coming up we could be seeing the players we want to see. 

Yeah I agree he shouldn't have played. Hopefully now things get more interesting with player selections. I believe having a closed club mentality only works once. We need to play inform players and in the last campaign there were plenty of players that were inform.

Edited by Dean97

That’s the thing, he picked a core group from 2016/17 and would not budge even though many of those players were in poor form and others in hot form... new selections coming up soon, he better be true to his words 

Edited by Alphonse
  • Like it 1

I think Tziolis is going to break Kara's record for internationals. Just the guy to have the record for mighty Hellas! Skibbe rates him very highly as we have already experienced. And what an experience it has been..

• Like it 1

What did Tziolis do that was so good?

He can't even pass properly. All his passes are backwards or sidewards. He is very slow. The only thing he is good for is his height. Not even. Maniatis who is also on the decline would have been better to play in that position. 

Tachtsidis who has the same height and size is better. We all know this but Skibbe still thinks he is good enough to start.

On 3/3/2018 at 7:42 AM, Alphonse said:

We will see in a week or so... please No Tziolis!! And if he is picked, Fetfa should at least get a look in

There must be something more to this Fetfa fiasco. Cannot be systematically ignored because of the league he plays in. There are many players in their prime playing in China for the paycheck that currently get called up for their NTs, including Axel Witsel and Yannick Carrasco (just found this one out!) for Belgium, Renato Augusto for Brazil, and many more. 

There is certainly some kind of rift between his people and EPO. 

• Like it 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah I agree. There's something going on and I bet if there was a player like Fetfatzidis in the Greek League he would be starting in the national team no questions asked. There has never been any references as to why he does not get picked.

• Like it 1

We simply cannot afford to ignore a shifty, attack-minded, dynamic player like Fetfa. We are so thin in the attacking positions, it`s embarrassing. Just imagine him and Donis behind Mitro. 

• Like it 2

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/six-talented-young-greeks-abroad

This is interesting. Mavropanos should be given a chance in the Arsenal 1st team. How can they keep him and not give him a chance. They should do it now since they are in horrible form. 

Sourdis looks like he has huge potential. 

Also Hatzidiakos is the only player that plays for his senior team on the list. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno about a star file, he is 24 but he is looking good, will be great to see how he does in the SL next season but I we need to see what OSFP does with him, going from Football League to Olympiakos is a big difference, one would hope IF he is not playing with them he will be loaned out, maybe even to OFI

On 2018-03-06 at 3:32 PM, Argy said:

We simply cannot afford to ignore a shifty, attack-minded, dynamic player like Fetfa. We are so thin in the attacking positions, it`s embarrassing. Just imagine him and Donis behind Mitro. 

How Fetfa can’t even get a call up, even for a friendly game is absurd. We are not Argentina where we have an abundance of amazing attacking minded footballers to just leave him out.

6 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Dunno about a star file, he is 24 but he is looking good, will be great to see how he does in the SL next season but I we need to see what OSFP does with him, going from Football League to Olympiakos is a big difference, one would hope IF he is not playing with them he will be loaned out, maybe even to OFI

He is still young give him 2-3 years and you will see the best of him. OFI could be in the superleague next season. They are a historic club. Panachaiki are as well. Panachaiki 95% of the team is Greek. It will be good to have these clubs in the top flight. 

• Like it 1

I agree, having clubs like Aris, OFI, and Panachaiki in the Superleague instead of Platanias, Levadiakos, etc is better for the overall health of Greek soccer

Manos is having a great year for OFI but I feel like at 23 years old he should be nearing the "prime" of his career and frankly, if he were a star wouldn't he at least be playing for one of the big 4 in Greece?

Panachaiki has a 16 year old, whose name I forget, that has scored once this year and is apparently a very good prospect. To be honest, after seeing the effort and work Katsourani has done to foster a strong team made up of Greek players, I kind of feel bad for bagging on him while he was playing for the Ethniki. Seems like he's very passionate about this and PanaX has come out better as a result.

Edited by Soprano76
  • Like it 1

8 hours ago, Soprano76 said:

I agree, having clubs like Aris, OFI, and Panachaiki in the Superleague instead of Platanias, Levadiakos, etc is better for the overall health of Greek soccer

Manos is having a great year for OFI but I feel like at 23 years old he should be nearing the "prime" of his career and frankly, if he were a star wouldn't he at least be playing for one of the big 4 in Greece?

Panachaiki has a 16 year old, whose name I forget, that has scored once this year and is apparently a very good prospect. To be honest, after seeing the effort and work Katsourani has done to foster a strong team made up of Greek players, I kind of feel bad for bagging on him while he was playing for the Ethniki. Seems like he's very passionate about this and PanaX has come out better as a result.

I agree. If Manos continues this form and moves to a bigger club then he will become a star. He has strong ambitions and he looks up to Lewandowski and Mitroglou. You are right in saying that he is 23 and should be a star already. The 16 year old your talking about is Masouras. Katsouranis has done a very good job at Panachaiki as the technical director.  

Edited by Dean97

Apparently he's already signed by Olympiacos for the upcoming season who just beat out AEK to get him. So he's either going to play for Oly or be loaned out probably back to OFI who will probably be in Super League next year.

• Like it 2

• 1 year later...