Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

Apparently Gojko Cimirot is having a meeting with Arnesen tomorrow, guess we'll find out soon.

Then again PAOK is so random, they'll have some complete different suspect holding a jersey up we'll all wake up to and be like "wtf?".

Doesn't seem like he fulfills the rumor of, "higher caliber." I guess we'll see. Last I heard he was close to Atromitos.

We do lack DMs though. There's a chance this is for real.

I have not heard of any Bosnian media linking Cimirot with Atromitos. (As far as I know, Atromitos were only linked with another FKS player, Milos Stojcev. In fact, there is a 95% chance, IMO, that Stojcev signs with Atromitos.)

As for Cimirot and his quality, I think there is a lot of promise to this player. He is 22 and transfermarket puts his MV at 1.5 million euros. He has been linked with some not so bad clubs over the past few months, the best of them being Basel, Hamburger SV, Bursaspor, and Lille. He has two caps for the NT and seven for the U21 NT.

The Bosnian media is reporting that the sporting directors of PAOK and FKS are meeting tomorrow to negotiate regarding Cimirot. I'm guessing PAOK is offering 1 million euros and FKS is asking for 1.5 million euros.

Cimirot sounds like a good player. I don't think PAOK will sign both him and Antonis from Sydney FC which leads me to think that the rumours about Antonis are exactly that.

Australian media has been making up a lot of stuff lately.

It might happen I guess but I think Cimirot is more likely.

From what I understand, Arnesen has been talking to Cimirot's team for a while now. At one point in the negotiating process they were close to a deal. At that point several managers got involved and the price skyrocketed to 1.4 million. That's when PAOK ended negotiating and announced that they re no longer interested.

Yesterday, the FK Sarajevo owner came to Athens to negoatiate with Atromitos concerning another player, and he invited Arnesen for talks concerning Cimirot. That meeting has finished about an hour ago and according to a report on Metropolis radio a deal is very possible. PAOK is offering 1 million (500K now, and 500K in installemnts), plus a percentage to Sarajevo for resale of the player.

Also reported is that PAOK is thinking of signing Antonis as well and then loaning him to Veroia.

I think the bricklayer rumor is just that, a rumor. I don't see that transfer happening.

Well, this transfer period started off really slowly for us, but it's ramped up in the last week.  Overall, I'm happy with our transfers ... even though we're yet to see any of them play except for Olsen.  My only criticism of Arnesen, if you could call it that, was his claim that he would be looking for "top shelf" players.  I don't think this was ever realistic.  A top shelf player isn't coming to PAOK.  Maybe one day, but not today.

As for his other criteria for player transfers, that they be young and hungry, the transfers are consistent with that.  I've said before on this forum that we are better off getting young players for whom coming to PAOK is a big deal, a promotion or step up in a sense.  They have everything to prove.  Older proven players from better leagues is nice in theory, but as we've seen it's far from guaranteed that they will perform and it's a step down for them.  Maybe the drive just isn't there to succeed.  I'm not saying it can't work, but in general, most of our transfers should be players at a good age with hunger to succeed.

Olsen has started off shaky but let's give him some time and we'll see what he's capable of.  As for the rest, I am hopeful they will help add some depth to the team and especially the midfield.  It will be good if we can also sign Cimirot for depth (in addition to Sabo).  A trio of Kace, Sabo and Cimirot in the middle has a lot of run.  We still haven't made any great signings at CB or ST but the transfer period isn't over yet so let's see what happens.

• Like it 2

Would hate to see Kace/Sabo/Cimirot take time away from Pelkas just as he's getting good, and I hope Charisis gets adequate time too. If we make decent runs in both EL and the cup, I suppose they'd all get their chances, though.

Kace/Sabo/Cimirot would be a great midfield.

All athletic and have a creative mindset as well, constantly would have us a flowing game with attacks starting from them.

As for Pelkas, he has really proved himself. Having him as a first priority sub for a midfielder I think is a little more realistic because I don't think we would of bought Sabo and hopefully Cimirot to be bench players.

If we confirm Cimirot I'm happy.

• Like it 1

Antonis apparently was assured he would not be loaned out to Veria, and will probably be in Greece Friday for his medicals. His contract had a 500k buyout clause which we met in order to begin negotiations. I know absolutely nothing about this kid apart from him being Australian, and since I'm not even sure Australia is real (I have my doubts), I'm not sure where this money is going.

The Cimirot signing will most likely happen tomorrow. PAOK will supposedly pay over 1 million Euro to Sarajevo, and 400K per season to the player. If we do sign him, I expect Maduro to leave and would not be surprised if Kace is sold.

I would HATE to see Kace leave but this would make a lot more sense to me than playing Sabo/Cimirot/Kace in the midfield. We have a bunch of players who can play as more attack-oriented midfielders (Pelkas, Mistakidis, Pozoglou, Charisis), and I can't see us keeping those young players if we use them indefinitely as subs. All part of the balance Arnesen was talking about a few months back.

• Like it 1

Official announcement by the club of Lucas' departure to La Coruna. Sad really, especially as looking at our midfield, if we do as expected dispense with Maduro there is a distinct lack of experience in the middle of the park.

I know Kace is coming on but between Sabo, Cimirot, Kace, Antonis and Pelkas you've got an average age of about 21-22, that's pretty light on, hopefully we can get someone reasonably senior in to help these guys along.