Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

The list for the third round of EL must be at the offices of UEFA on Friday the 24th at 23:00 (Greek time).

So first of al we have to beat Lokomotiva and in the mean time we have to sign some players (a CF for sure).

we need to buy some good players fast. Arnesen kai Savidi proxwrate!

I agree about getting good players.  Not so sure about getting them fast.  We have to be realistic and accept the fact we probably can't get "top shelf" players.  I'd rather we sign less players but of a higher quality, which is the approach Arnesen seems to be using.  Either that or all his targets are selecting other clubs over ours.  ;)

Either way, this squad should be good enough to make it the group stage, and if they don't make it, well that indicates what level we're at now, and how much rebuilding needs to be done.

The problem with us signing "high quality" players is that they usually don't want to come to PAOK.  I'm guessing Arnesen is waiting for the transfer window to get closer at which point players will decide that PAOK's offer is the best they have, where as now, they are happy in general to wait and see if a better offer comes their way.

What this means is that Arnesen is rolling the dice that the current squad is good enough to make the group stage.  Risky I suppose, and I could be completely wrong.  I'm just speculating.

Regardless, I'm going to blaspheme now and say it.  I'd rather we don't make the group stage if that means we don't sign players just for the sake of it.  And if we can't make it with the current squad then they shouldn't be there.  They shouldn't require "metagrafes" to get to the group stage.

I find myself in the unusual situation of actually having faith in Arnesen with Tudor.  Arnesen with his ice cold viking blood just make me feel calm ;)  And I think Tudor has what it takes to make us a better team.

I hope the rest of the PAOK fans have patience also.

Edited by Bananas

Dimitris Papadopoulos has signed a one year contract with Turkish second division side Karsiyaka.

In the meantime Alfred Finnbogason comes to us if his current team Real Sociedad can sign Fabio Borrini of Liverpool FC. The game of Domino has begun and will keep on running faster and faster till August 31st.

Would think Dpaps is still better than a second division Turkish side, but more power to him for signing. Hope he gets a good pay day out of the deal.

Sounds like Pereyra should get loaned down to a third division club.

Dimitris Giannoulis is loaned (once again). To Veria this time.

We are probably interested in Zakkaria Labyad of Sporting Lisbon. His coach sees no future for the Dutch-Moroccan midfielder and did not take him to South Africa where the team is preparing for the new season.

Dimitris Konstantinidis has resigned and will join Al Ittahad in Saudi Arabia where he will be assistent of Laszlo Boloni.

Edited by Dutch Eagle

I know it's pie in the sky stuff, but......

CAMBIASSO

he's the kind of model professional that would come and put in for 2-3 seasons. Yes, he is 34 but just played 31 games last year for Leicester in a far more taxing league than ours, would give a great example to the young midfield we are building and you could eaily rotate the younger guys around him.

Sell Noboa if he doesn't want to stay and use that cash to bring in a central defender.

As an Inter fan...I would be very depressed if we bring that poor man into our team.

I wonder what has set him off so badly.  Maybe he genuinely feels he was picked on ?  Or do you think the transfer rumors have some truth to them.

Perhaps it was some encouragement from his buddy Lucas.

Latest regarding Finnbogason, deal imminent, expected to be finalised this week (fingers crossed!). I hope we turn our attention to defender's, the number of goals we coped last season was a disgrace, need to see some changes back there

pash, Cambiasso actually had a great season in the EPL.  He was inspiring.  Having said that, I don't want him to come to PAOK.  Also, regarding Lucas, if that was the case, why did he pay his fine ?

pontos, looks like the deal is now not so close ... according to sport24.gr anyway.

Bananas,is that a reference to an AD&D computer game in your signature? I've been trying to work out for days where I know it from?

Sure is. It's Minsc from Baldur's Gate. I got inspired because a new game in the series has been announced ... after 15 years. Baldur's Gate 2 was released in 2000 and this new expansion is meant to be set in between the two, in terms of chronology. So it's a midquel ?!

I've posted a youtube link/video on the announcement in the Video Games thread. Getting my geek s--t on ...

You must gather your party before venturing forth ...

Edited by Bananas

Also, regarding Lucas, if that was the case, why did he pay his fine ?

No, you're right. Like any good Greek, I shoot my mouth first with bs conspiracy theories. It's entirely possible Lucas wants to play for us, and that the fine is truly resolved and is a nonissue.

Just saw an article on paok24 basically saying...the same thing we've heard for a week. Lucas is training, Pereyra is being difficult. Lucas playing even at half capacity and out of position as a striker will still probably do more damage than Salpi managed. In 24 hours and 2 minutes, we'll know for sure.

Cuenca was just released on a free by Deportivo, the club that are after Lucas, don't know how to feel about that. While I'm sure Cuenca would do well in Greece it seems that out of the two Lucas was deemed more valuable by the club. Perhaps Lucas lift his game to another level in Spain?

Arnesen has an agreement with two players but has to wait till Savvidis says NAI.

No names mentioned yet.

A Dutch paper says that Maarten Martens is free to go where he wants. The contract is ended in mutual consent. And he got some money.

I have mixed feelings about this. He is such a skillfull player. Saw him many times playing in Holland with AZ Alkmaar. What a delight to see his technique. Too many injuries though.

If we qualify to next round of EL, we have to submit a new list of players to UEFA. Would not be surprised if either after the game today or early tomorrow we have some announcements (new players/Martens leaving).

A Dutch paper says that Maarten Martens is free to go where he wants. The contract is ended in mutual consent. And he got some money.

I have mixed feelings about this. He is such a skillfull player. Saw him many times playing in Holland with AZ Alkmaar. What a delight to see his technique. Too many injuries though.

he was a big disappointment considering the expectations we had for him