Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

That's a lot of players to get rid of, and you start Europa league qualifiers in one month, that means you will need to start pre season training ASAP to be at least 80% ready for the first qualifiers. All this without a coach, and getting rid of 90% of your roster. You will be good enough to get past the first round of qualifiers but after that it will be tricky, even if you are seeded the players will not be able to gel together that quickly or may not be signed at all.

That's true, it'll be tough to be ready to play even a minnow if the team meets each other for the first time on the flight there.

I could see Rat and Noboa being given the boot, although I'm not entirely happy about it. Rat had a big dropoff between the two halves of the season. It seems we can only ever extract three or four good months out of any particular player, which is frustrating. Noboa is class, but I honestly think he's just a shadow of Natcho, who I don't believe cost all that much more. 

I don't mind Tzavellas's skill level, LB-wise, but his attitude (and multiple coach's insistence on playing him as CB) mean he absolutely needs to go. I was trying to figure out Jacobo's status the other day - I thought his contract was up with this season anyway?

Blackhawk, any idea which young players Frankie thinks look good? I'm going to guess Konstantinidis, Koulouris, and Pozoglou. Unless this is a reference to our actual youth squads?

I would say Kitsiou, Konstantinidis, Pozoglou, Savvidis, Koulouris and some of the loaned players such as Pelkas, Papadopoulos, Popovic and Qose. The other thing with the youngsters is that some of them might be called up to play for the U19 in Euro finals and might not be able to help at the beginning of the season.

As for EL, we might need some luck in the draw. For example if we get some team from Sweden, where the season is in full swing during the summer might pose problems. I thing the only tricky round will be the playoff round.

Our rebuilding seems to start anew each year. I can handle a defeat every few games if it means we pick a plan and stick with it. I can't wait to see what the rumors about Frankie are going to be about when they begin. Maybe incest? Alcoholic? Spat on the Parthenon?

pash there are few differences this time around. Vryzas and co. (at least the main figures) are gone. They have been around since 2007. And since after Savvidis took over, they have done nothing of substance.

Secondly, and I think it's very important, the debt that PAOK had (11 mil plus) has been erased. I think that Savvidis was waiting for this issue to disappear before he made a serious push to overhaul PAOK.

The move to hire Arnesen is the first step in that direction. Hopefully he will be allowed to put his experience to work. I am sure that there will be a faction of PAOK fans with help from some media that will slowly start the backstabbing. That has been going on for years at PAOK. The question is if Savvidis will ignore those factions and moves forward.

It's unfortunate Arnesen wasn't brough in over the Xmas break, so that he would have had some time to really look at the squad as well as have time to hire a manager for next season.  And to make matter worse, our play offs debacle means he now has even less time!

I don't expect too much for this season due to the lack of time he has.  Having said that, I do expect an improvement on the season just finished.  The next few weeks will be enlightening.

P.S.  I hope the rumors about Di Matteo are just that.  He had an awful season with Schalke.

just touching on what blackhawk said, i also believe Ivan's son Giorgios has a pretty big role within the management team which is also behind many of the directional changes at the club as of late.

Edited by mcp4

According to the German paper "Bild" Niklas Bendtner is linked to PAOK.

He is out of scope at VfL Wolfsburg and as he is a fellow-countryman of Arnesen the link has been made to us.

I'd rather have another striker.

Saw a report today that said Levante wants to buy Golasa from us. Are they blind?

I think the kid is good when he's on.  But he's inconsistent and drifts in and out of a game.  This season is make or break for him as far as I'm concerned.

I agree, he wasn't anywhere nearly our worst player. Should have gotten more playing time, especially if we were so fatigued. Will be good to have him as a starter at least in the cup games.

Latest gossip is that Deportivo La Coruna wants to swap Haris Medunjanin for Lucas Perez.

Medunjanin is a good midfielder. He plays for the national squad of Bosnia and Herzegovina and participated in World Cup 2014 in Brazil. He was a refugee and was educated at AZ Alkmaar. In his early career he played for The Netherlands and became European Youth Champion. But later he decided to play for his country of birth.

I like his style but I think we already have his kind of player: Ergis Kace.

I think we need a power-midfielder like Pogba.

I actually think this would be a good deal as well - we get rid of a player who's idea of the club is (rightly or not) poisoned - and telling me he's like Kace, only makes him more appealing. Kace spends about a third of the season suspended anyway, and we will soon have no depth at that position.

• Like it 2

Adding Medunjanin to Kace and Noboa [he wasn't a lona player was he?] is a good start insofar as getting the kind of possession dominating midfield we need. Next step build the defence, we have been too easy to defeat for too long.

Out-

Jacobo

Itandje, gone

Costa, still contracted hopefully someone can take him off our hands

Katsikas, gone

Tzavellas, get him out, he's a disease in the dressing room

Tzandaris, gone

Maartens, contract expiry/release

Maduro, contract expiry/release

Spyropoulos, gone

Katsikas, gone

D. Papadopoulos gone