Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

pash, your creepiness is entirely self earned.  I take no credit for it ;)

As for our beloved team, it's ridiculous how bad we are at the moment.  I asked a friend of mine the other day who is a PAO supporter, if he could have any players from PAOK for free, which would he take ?  All he could come up with is ... maybe Kace.  That's it.  And you know what he's probably right.

We have a small core of decent players.  They are Skondras, Vitor, Rats, Kace, Noboa, Tziolis (controversial pick I know), Mak, Pereyra and Klaus.  That's it.  9 players no other real depth.  Sure we have some up and coming players who are still developing but I'm talking about players that are ready now.  Players that help contribute to winning a title.

Of the players mentioned how many are fit and in form right now ?  3 or 4 maybe.  No wonder once we play any decent opposition they can give us a hard time.  You need a squad where if a player is unfit or out of form, you have someone ready made that can just slot in and do just as good.  We don't have that.

Right now, only Kace is playing.  All the rest in one way or another are playing below their best, and in an ideal world, should be on the bench.

It's going to be an interesting transfer period ....

Well said. Kace is the only player we've had who seems to have been consistent. Klaus, these past few years, plays well for only one half of the season.

I like Mak and Pereyra, but the've been just as inconsistent as Klaus. Still not sure why Skondras isn't played often, lately?

Kitsiou is ok, don't get me wrong.  But can he walk into the best 11 of Olympiakos, PAO or even PAOK ?  See, that's the problem.  We have around 15 Kitsiou quality players in our squad.  Guys that are pretty good ... on their day, but just aren't at that next level.

I'm not saying the kid has to go, but we need better quality all round.  I'd trade you 15 of our Kitsiou quality players for 1 Berg.

No money will fix anything if the PAOK organization does not plan things out. What good is it you bring in players such as Stoch, who tells the coach to F*** off, and the front office does not do anything about it. Same with Tzavellas, who attacked Anastasiadis, only to be benched for 2 months, and when the coach got sacked he was brought back in on the same day the coach left. No wonder there are problems in the locker room as Klaus said today.

We don't need "star" players and pay them millions. We need solid players that are willing to work as a team.

• Like it 1

Unfortunately for a club such as ours, signing players that will make a difference isn't easy.  You can try and sign a star, but realistically they are a fading star who may or may not perform.  Just look at Maduro and Maartens for example.  Same again with Stoch, he played when he felt in the mood.

Even if you look at Vieirinha, he was always plump while he was at PAOK.  Once he went to Germany, he lost weight and firmed up.  Sad to say it but that would never have happened at PAOK.  The players know what they can get away with (just like children with their parents!) and generally do so accordingly.

This makes it very trick to get "star" players and to keep them motivated.  Basically, it can't work for us.  As you said Blackhawk, we need solid hard working players.  Even so, I think we can buy better than what we have.  Take Mak for example (yes I know he's under performed recently), but he came a German club where he wasn't getting game time.  There are lots of players like these and for a player like this, going to PAOK is sort of an upgrade.  We should also be looking at "lower" leagues in Eastern Europe.  Are you trying to tell me that the best CB in all of say Poland or Hungary aren't considerably better than Tzavellas ?  And again, for such players going to PAOK is kind of an upgrade.  But for someone like Stoch or Natcho, it just isn't and they'll play on their terms.

And I would say that if he was there from the beginning we would be in much better shape. There is a reason why the Vryzas clan did not want him on the team in any capacity.

Garcia there in any capacity is a cancer....

the fact that he is there ' to appease the fans ' is more of a concern

He was brought back to discourage Marinakis from sitting on the bench at a PAOK match. Just in case he thinks he can pull these stunts, Garcia will be there to set him straight ...

the player strikes me as similar to mak, productivity-wise. he is a bit younger, though. personally, i am okay with bringing in 21-24 year olds to build a core of a team that will grow together and last a bit longer than if you bring in 25-29 year olds.

Heard on radio today that Arnesen has decided to cut around 12 players from the current squad. The only three players whose contracts expire this summer are Itandje, Papadopoulos and Giakoumis. That means that the rest will have to agree to leave and receive some kind of compensation.

So what players do you think we will wave goodbye to in the next few weeks? Will there be any surprises?

This is very exciting! Here are my twelve that need to go:

Maduro

Martens

Costa

Tziolis

Glykos

Savvidis

Tzavellas

Salpingidis

Qose

Lucas

Poungouras

Vitor

Scrapping the kids is tough, but I don't think any of them have impressed. Vitor, if you catch me on a better day, might be replaced with Koulouris. This is mostly because I'm still way too attached to Klaus (although if someone makes an offer for Athanasiadis, then we should take it).

I'd still keep Lucas.  The situation with Deportivo where they want to buy him but can't come up with the funds should be reversed.  We should bring Lucas back and raid their team for their best one or two players.  That way Lucas can be all happy that he's got some of his chums at PAOK.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n-news.php?cid=6769&ctg=1&pg=1

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n-news.php?cid=6771&ctg=1&pg=1

Edited by Bananas

Very crafty. If Lucas's only issue is that he wasn't impressed by the teammates he would be working with, than I could see - maybe - him being happy with the situation last year. Assuming we actually make some serious moves.

Anyone else have a dozen they think will be cut?

It's really difficult to say who the 12 will be. We'll soon find out if there is any truth to it. One thing I am happy about is that Arnesen has a sense of urgency about the situation. This was the case even before our woeful playoff (1 goal, 1 goal!!) performance.

All I can say is the players cut will indicate the direction he wants to take the club in. Will he eliminate youth to make room for more experienced squad players with the intent of having more depth ? Will he get rid of players that are past it e.g Salpi ? Players that on paper should be leaders but aren't doing the job e.g Maduro, Tziolis ? All of the above ? I have no idea.

The only player I don't see us cutting out of your list is Costa. He's on a decent wage so he won't be easy to do a deal with, and he hasn't really failed like many other players in the team over a number if seasons. Having said that, if Costa is happy to leave it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I don't really want players of his age in the squad unless they are absolutely killing it, which he isn't.

The PAOK team is a disaster, I think the real question should be which players would you want to keep?

Goalkeepers: only Glykos and he is on probation for a year. Perform or you're out.

Defenders: Skondras, Vitor, Rats.

Midfield: Kace, Noboa, Golasa.

Attackers: Klaus, Mak, Pereyra.

That's 10 players. So only need to sign another 15 or so. And those 10 are far from strong. They are squad players at best. The only player out of that lot I'd pencil in as a starter each week is Kace.

Well as expected Itandje is the first casualty. He is signing a 3-year deal with Rizaspor in Turkey. It is also being reported that Arnesen wants to give some of the younger players a chance to prove themselves. 

Here is my "12"

Expired contracts:

Itandje  (already gone)

Papadopoulos  (as good as gone)

Giakoumis  (see no reason fro him to stay)

Players still under contract

Papagiannopoulos

Maduro

Martens  (perhaps another loan until his contract expires)

Tziolis

Lucas (will be sold since he does not really want to play for PAOK)

And the surprises:

Rat

Tzavellas

Salpiggidis

Noboa

I am also sure we will get rid of Jacobo one in for all, and would not be surprised if we sold Klaus and Kace.

Edited by Blackhawk