Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

-edit- because that double posted, I'll take the opportunity to note that we could do worse than having a managent made up of Danes.

Edited by pash

^or Insaurralde v2.0

We could do worse than him, and we could do much worse than getting a bunch of former Chelsea prospects. We've completely wasted, what, three years now?

We currently have Vitor, Papagiannopoulous, and Costa for CBs next year, right? With Qose returning as well, and hopefully Tzavellas being released.

The team needs a major overhaul. We need good player transfers in goal/defense/midfield and offense. Specially in midfield. Lot of dead wood needs to go as well. Hopefully Arnesen has a solid plan and sticks to it.

Sheriff, I'm quoting this in this thread so I can keep myself in-topic for once.

what the hell is Garcia doing back?

what does he bring to the club in crisis?

they have a TD...Find a quality coach...then sign 5 quality footballers....  Klaus,Mak, Pereyra, Rat, Skondras, Kace , Noboa can be useful with good players around them...

Garcia and Lino need to NOT come back. This has nothing to do with appreciating their passion. The club, as a whole, needs to be dismantled. Whether or not it's done immediately or over the next few years, we need a complete break from the status quo.

I said a few days ago that Garcia/Lino should come back as scouts at the most. But the more I think about it, the more I think that's an awful idea. They have no experience doing that...and you can bet our TD already has his own network and connections. They are a pointless addition.

We need the vast majority of our places to be given the boot. The guys noted above should form our second string, ideally.

Garcia is coming only to satisfy the fans and make them return to empty Toumba. He will probably take over the Iosifidis position on the team, although I would prefer that he (and Lino) act as scouters for talents from Uruguay and Brazil.

I agree. We should go after core players in the 25-29 year old range. Then have older players (Rat, Salpi, etc) and youngsters (20 something) as subs.

Another thought about Garcia just occurred to me. I would not be surprised if he takes over the coaching duties of the U20 team, now that Ivic is leaving for Veroia. The more I think about it, I believe that's what will happen.

Figured I should check and see if Franky-boy has a twitter. No dice, but this result popped up immediately: https://twitter.com/rebeccaarnesen

I feel like a creep for posting it but I know Bananas would never have forgiven me if I hadn't. Maybe if we ask nicely she'll try to take a few pictures of whatever paperwork is on his desk, right?

• Like it 1