Phantis Forums

Epl English Premier League - General Discussion

• 3 weeks later...

Diego costa has been like that his whole career, dirty player and always manages to evade the official. Wins points in mourinho's books though. I would so punch this guy, but not while the referee is watching. Gabriel goes and stomps on his foot in front of mike dean and pretty much costs his side.

West ham is rocking on the road! Too many changes for city. Introducing otamendi in the last two games has been detrimental. Great defender but needs time to settle in.

Diego Costa makes Luis Suarez look like a zen master on the field.

How he acted today in the London derby was beyond disgusting. He should of had 3 yellow cards in one minute and sent off even before Gabriel stupidly raised his heel at him in front of the ref. Game ended right there which was a shame even though both teams hardly looked stellar up to that point. It had 0-0 written all over it. Very poor quality match with many star players from both teams woefully off form.

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd really be annoyed at Wenger. Another Season the same ol story. He does nothing to change the predictability of this team and the weak underbelly it has. Arsenal were the only team in Europe who did not buy one outfield player this Summer. How nuts is that ?

Mourinho dodged a big bullet today thanks to Costa who altered the game without doing anything with the ball. Major creep

• Like it 2

• 4 weeks later...

Impossible to bring in 10 new players during one transfer window like Villa did this past Summer and expect any manager to figure out a good mix and bring in consistency so quickly. They looked clueless and doomed at the moment and TS is on the chopping block.

Yesterday they were a tad unlucky to lose 2-0 against a very ordinary Chelsea team. A horrendous mistake by Guzan and then a unfortunate deflection for a og.

• Like it 1

People are saying Moyes could get the Villa got if Sherwood gets sacked. Apparently its not going to well for Moyes at Real Sociadad and the fans were shouting for him to "go home" to Britain.

To be honest I'm surprised at how bad Villa have been this season, they have some decent players like Richards, Grealish and Gestede. Also Sherwood looked like the right manager for them last season.

• Like it 1

Aston Villa like Liverpool are owned by Americans and have transfer committees placed with the manager only having partial say on their stupid " moneyball " buying player philosophy.

I feel sorry for Sherwood ( unlike Rodgers at Liverpool cause he was a baboon and correctly fired ) cause last Season he took a marginal squad and made them over perform. Too many squad changes too quickly over one window is the cause for their demise now , not the manager.

Again, Rodgers underperformed with he quality he had to work with, huge difference.

David Moyes to Villa ? Hope not. He's a very negative manager.

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie Vardy is the best thing to happen to the Premier League for a long time. He's playing out of his skin right now, I would love to see him go on and equal or break Van Nistelroy's record of scoring in 10 consecutive games. Ranieri is doing a great job at Leicester on the whole, Mahrez and Albrighton are great on the wings for them. Makes you wonder how it all went so wrong for old Claudio at the NT, makes the players look worse now.

Loved watching Liverpool beat Chelsea 1-3 too. Benkete and Coutinho looked great, I wonder how Klopp is going to manage all these players when Sturridge, Henderson and Ings come back from injury.

I have no idea what is going to happen for Mourinho at Chelsea though. I personally think players like Hazard, Costa, Fabregas and Matic should take most of the blame for the teams poor start. And there is also the point that there is no obvious replacement for Mourinho now, unless Ancelotti fancies coming back to the bridge.

• Like it 2

Rodgers has been mentioned to take over Chelsea if they do sack Mourihno, but sacking him would cost Roman about $35mill as there is a clause in his contract.

The EPL is not strong this season either, I can see Arsenal winning the League also, they are firing atm....

As for Ranieri the p***** couldn't beat a Faroe Islands but now has his team sitting top 4 in the EPL......amazing.

Chelsea were never going to win it with the same team this year but I don't think anyone would've expected them to be where they are now BUT Mourinho does have a habit of ruining teams in his 3rd season in charge. But there's still 26 games to be played and yes they wont win the league but they can still make top 4.

As for United im over it, the sooner LVG F***s off the sooner we can play football and actually not fall asleep watching it. This is the same guy who in the 90s played total football with Ajax and it was a joy to watch and now he has his team playing this shitty football.....Its embarrassing

• Like it 1

I agree Klopp has changed quite abit in his short time but the situation with Liverpool is will they be patient and wait 3-4 years with him to win a title?

Arsenal will go close this season that's for sure, but if they do win it they will win the title when every other teams has been below par.

United as I said above need to F*** LVG off asap and change their football style and they better not think of giving it to Giggs, otherwise we are more F***ed.

City will be up there they always are and even without Silva and Aguero that De Bruyne is doing wonders, he is quality.

Liverpool haven't won the title in 25 years , I'm sure they have nothing else but patience. Not sure it will be 3-4 years under Klopp, maybe never but in this crazy EPL if your luck is aligned perfectly with others having a struggling Season well you can win it next year.

When Klopp was winning two Bundesliga titles in a row with Dortmund and reached a CL final as well ( before they sold their two best players to Bayern in Lewandowski and Gotze ) he had this hardworking compact, high press unit n a 4-2-3-1 style in place and even this disjointed Liverpool squad of today is not that far off in style and personnel to try to emulate that particular tactical set up and philosophy of his. Just a few tweaks here and there and for their better impact players to stay relatively injury free. Klopp is no idiot , he didn't accept this job to fail. He's a fantastic coach and man manager and he will not let the standards drop or accept inconsistency.

Greekaus if anyone is going to build a team worthy of challenging it will be Klopp, that's also if he is given the players he wants as this transfer committee they have in place is a m*****a....

It took him 3 seasons at Dortmund to win the league but he did sign quality players at that time, then once they left he really struggled.

I think Livo will improve and may even get a CL spot this season since the comp is so up and down, it certainly cant get worse than what it was.

But I feel if Livo don't win one under Klopp well f*ck they are never going to win a league...

As for United today me to zori pali, LVG needs to retire ASAP and if United have balls they should let him go at seasons end

United is so disjointed its ridiculous to fathom the amount of money they've spent since the Summer of 2014 when LVG came on board.

Like why did they buy an aging Schweinsteinger , why is Martial on the wing, why are Rooney and Mata in the same lineup when neither bothers yo close town anyone defensively and both lack pace ? Why is Herrera ( a quality young player in my book ) on the bench for the most part of the Season. Why did they sign so many left backs but failed to buy a central defender ? Why is Fellaini still there when he offers nothing ?

Where are Falcao and Di Maria these days ? Weird, self inflicted nonsense. Good thing they kept deGea even if it was against their will. Class keeper.

I think United have a good team, still need a couple more to be a real threat but the style isn't suiting the players one bit. We need an arsenal style football as we have the players for it but we are too slow going forward.

Bastian is quality and will give us a good 3 years, Morgan will end up being the DM in the long run.

Martial is great young player, its LVG's m*****a for putting him there the guys an out and out striker and he plays him wide, don't get it at all.....

Rooney should be #10 or Mata, Mata isn't a winger doesn't have the pace as you said for a winger.

Herrera well f*ck I been saying it for a long time, when the kid plays we look dangerous going forward, when he doesn't we lack movement and go forward.

He sh*ts me when he plays Carrick & Bastian, they are similar players and hardly anyone plays 2 DM these days I really don't get it......

Also agree with you about the CB situation, Smalling has picked it up massively for this season but there is no real leader and that's what we lacked, don't get why we paid $35 mill for a left back when for $40 mill it would've got you Otamendi or Hummels.

Thankfully we kept De Gea, Romero didn't do too bad when he played but De Gea is class and will probably be one of the best keepers in the world one day.

• Like it 1

Well done to bottom club Aston Villa getting a point to top team Manchester City.

Only in the PL today can that happen and that's why it's the most difficult league to win.

In France PSG is already 13 points clear at the top , Bayern might as well has won it already in Germany ( beat Stuttgart 4-0 yesterday in a stroll in the park ) Barca and Real only worry about each other. Siera is close this year after years of Juve domination.

Take Silva and Aguero out of City and they lose that cutting edge.

• Like it 1

Loved the Villa fans with those inflatable snakes in the stands booing at Delph. Funny stuff

12 games into the Season this is by far the toughest one to predict all over the table as to what will happen in the next 12 games. Amazing to see Leicester City breathing down the Necks of both City and Arsenal and ahead of ManU.

Liverpool lost at home to Palace again which proves that Klopp is no miracle worker and he needs time, money and luck in the next two windows to get them playing in his image.

Chelsea is just an incredible story to follow and believe what the hell has happened to them in just a few short months. These players are not performing for Mourinho, period.

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...