Phantis Forums

Faroe Islands-Greece(13 June 2015, Torsvollur, Torshavn)

Omonoia9

Obviously it's not the coaches if they both lost to Faroe Islands it's the garbage players they should be ashamed of themselves. Well at least they made history

Yes of course you are right, but who called these washouts up? The idiotic coaches. No wonder Kolovos and Fountas were subbed in. Practically there were no other attacking players on the bench (except Ninis, who was already brought in). Tziolis, Tavlaridis and Moras are some quality players but they arent exactly strikers. Of course the coach had his problems with the attackers: Salpingidis is injured, Gekas was sacked by Akhisar, Samaras is in poor form, Fortounis was ruled out by a fresh injury, Athanasiadis is mediocre, but even then he could have capped D. Papadopoulos or even Kapetanos, they scored a bunch of goals in the last weekends and they have at least some experience.

At 2-0  i believe Markarian knew it was done and he brought in these nonamers to see if they have any potential and or to give them experience?   Did you guys really think we would score 3 goals in 20 min??

Anyway i finally hope all the Katsourani  haters can finally realize that he was a good player and an asset .  The fact that you were calling on these particular uselesss tit knuckleads to come in 2-3 years ago  (im talking about the Kone/Samaris/Fetfa/Taxidides) and replace him shows how clueless you really are.

Katsouranis was playing because Santos HAD NOBODY BETTER its simple as that, i think this campaign painfully proved that.   

Now im off to go watch Canada womens, maybe that will give me something to cheer about .  

Edited by Polikastano
  • Like it 1

It is very embarrassing. The youngsters are worth s%$#!, and the older players will be even older in 2018. Perhaps we could try to keep some of the latters (Karnezis, Papastathopoulos, Maniatis, Samaras, Torosidis etc.) and to seek other players (Galitsios? Marinos? Petsos? I dont even have an idea.)?

At 2-0  i believe Markarian knew it was done and he brought in these nonamers to see if they have any potential and or to give them experience?   Did you guys really think we would score 3 goals in 20 min??

Anyway i finally hope all the Katsourani  haters can finally realize that he was a good player and an asset .  The fact that you were calling on these particular uselesss tit knuckleads to come in 2-3 years ago  (im talking about the Kone/Samaris/Fetfa/Taxidides) and replace him shows how clueless you really are.

Katsouranis was playing because Santos HAD NOBODY BETTER its simple as that, i think this campaign painfully proved that.   

Now im off to go watch Canada womens, maybe that will give me something to cheer about .  

Great post, although I doubt they will understand it.

Well time to start from scratch. This team (this organization) can deffinitly use some purging. The HC, Karagounis, etc. have to go. I've seen enough of Kats, Mitroglou, Kone, Lazaros, Tziolis. As great as Samaris has been for his club, its time to seriously consider what type of role he has with this team going forward, he continues to have awful performances.

Well time to start from scratch. This team (this organization) can deffinitly use some purging. The HC, Karagounis, etc. have to go. I've seen enough of Kats, Mitroglou, Kone, Lazaros, Tziolis. As great as Samaris has been for his club, its time to seriously consider what type of role he has with this team going forward, he continues to have awful performances.

I would have chosen Karagounis, Katsouranis & Tziolis over Ninis, Fountas and Kolovos.

Edited by La Mendel

Im not making excuses or complaining but HOW does UEFA make these referee appointments ??

Greece vs Faroe Islands and the ref is from NORWAY???  Are they not kind of neighbours and similar people?

But here is the best one ever, i was looking at other referee appointments and Bulgaria vs Malta the refs were from...

FYROM !!!!!!    are you kidding me?   Thats actually worse for Bulgaria , even though they are long lost brothers the 

Slavs from FYROM actually hate the Bulgarians.      

ITS just mind boggling.

Its easy to rebuild. You just Bielsa and (the hard part) you need everyone associated with the old clika out the team and staff.

How exactly does that fix the issue? Is Bielsa going to magically find midfielders with high work rates who can actually do something or a striker who can, you know, strike? Is he going to teach Fetfatzidis how to shoot or Mitroglou how to control a pass or Kone how to run?

The coach isn't the real issue. The majority of thr blame falls on this current crop of players and the failure of EPO and the infrastructure to produce quality players from the youth level. You could hire Mourinho and he'd be an abject failure with this team too. Santos knew what he was doing by sticking to his guns and playing the players he knew could get results in his system.

Personally, I think they need to decide on an identity and how they want to play because right now, they have none. If that means go back to the stout, hard nosed defensive style then so be it. At least they will know what they are because whatever they think they are now is an abject failure. And you build the team from that foundation and you choose the players that complement that best. Because right now, this team doesn't excel at any one thing and doesn't know what to do on the field. The defense is subpar, the midfield is nonexistant, and the forwards are a word that means nonexistant but to a degree of infinity.

Everyone was sooooo keen to get rid of the older players and play with the "new" generation. Well, we're on coach #2 with this current crop and they still look like s%$#!.

Edited by paoboston
  • Like it 1

Its hard to rebuild a brick building with a pile of s%$#!.......

Three of our back four play Champions League, our keeper is the most sought after keeper in Italy. Forum changes but you still speak the same m*****es.

Kone must be the most overrated, overhyped player we have seen at the Ethniki, other than scoring a useless goal in a friendly vs Bolivia he has done three fifths of fk all in his games for us, he is as useless as they get on the right as well.

Edited by Greek Style
  • Like it 1

BTW I would kill to have back Santos, the KK combo and be actually showing our faces come June next year because believe me boydes, that's when the real pain will start. At least I can barrack against those dumbass Germans fricking dirty bastards, been screwing Greece for years, dog is not a strong enough word to describe them.

Edited by Greek Style

Instantly. No Karagounis, Xolebas is on the left where they scored 2 from and create 5 chances. He is far better than Stafilidis. Already we are stronger.

There is nothing worse than having toxic and poisonous characters starting vendettas in the locker room. You are already at a disadvantage an indulging in self sabotage.

Bielsa picking the team is a man watching every single game he can like he did with his previous teams. Even Guardiola stated he is the best coac in the world. Put him in - with his own staff - get rid of the clika and agents. Already we have a chance.

So Karagounis is the reason this team can't function properly??? Aren't these the players everyone has been clamoring to see start for over a few years now? Kone, Fetfatzidis, Samaris, etc etc? You honestly believe that Holebas, who lied twice about being injured to play with Roma and skip out on the NT, was the reason they lost today? Keep telling yourself that.

Also, I have no idea why you think Bielsa would ever come coach Greece when he has a nice cushy job at Marseille.

Edited by paoboston

Here is the thing i dont get....its not like when we played romania and finland that they dominated us...

Both of them are better than the faroes

How is it that we could lose to the faroes twice...

That's it, I'm not going to watch Greece play again until they make major changes in there roster and coaching staff beginning in the World Cup qualifying. This team is a disgrace, far out disgusting!!!! 

• Like it 1

I remember Serbia lost twice to Azerbaijan in the UEFA EURO 2004 qualifying and missed out that tournament, they qualified for FIFA World Cup 2006 the next 2 years. Greece could have the same luck Serbia has. 

• Like it 1

Unfortunately like all the games we've lost in this campaign our inability to score has cost us. We need 10+ attempts on goal to score the opposition 2-3. 

However it didn't help that every time Faroes broke we were all at sea. What happened to having one of the most resolute defences in the world?

Hopefully Cyprus can qualify for the finals otherwise I'm not even going to bother watching it. 

• Like it 2

I still can't wrap my head around this. When I saw what group we drew, I just ASSUMED we were going to France for the Euros next year. 4 games left, 9 points out of even 3rd place, and the Faroes and Finns to leapfrog. Yeah, not happening. As it is, we've been qualifying for these tournaments with easy groups. It's just been artificially propping us up as like a second tier European team. Unlike Ranieri, I think Markarian picked a more logical side today. Forget about Karagounis, he's retired, he probably hung on too long. Katsouranis went as unused sub today, I don't think putting him in would have made much difference either. And while Mitro didn't play that well, at least he was sort of a threat. Really, the only bright spot today was Ninis. The defense was porous, the midfield generally lacked imagination, Mitro I think will come around up front, but I'd like to see Samaras up there too. In goal, I think Karnezis is still the best we have, I don't think it's really his fault.

I still speak the same m*****es? And what the F*** did the paixtara mitroglou do today genius? Exactly. Same with Holebas he got caught out by kara for being the faker that he is. I love how you start posting again to talk s%$#!. Kone is crap, lazaro was crap samris was crap. Only Ninis showed up today.

And for the record im talking about holebas because he was dropped. Id still take stafylidis over holebas anyday.

How the hell can you sit here and defend these guys? I can only defend pur centerbacks really that are great players thats it. I dont speak m*****es these losers lost to fishermen! Get lost pal you only like to piss people off. I wont be responding to your BS comments anymore.

A little harsh by myself, spoken in the heat of the moment, after the game. You have to admit you do speak some serious m*****es somethimes though.

We do have the right foundations to build on. And I thought Mitro was great today, got into good positions, had plenty of chances and scored an absolute blinder which was wrongly disallowed.

Edited by Greek Style

And I thought when Ranieri was replaced, the EPO will do the right thing,  so they go and sign up a 73 yr old. Soon we will need to start again cause he also does not inspire young people. There are models that work. The team Must be between around 22-28, with the odd older. Maybe two- three players, and not 35ish. Ethnici also need a coach 45-55 years old-max. Young men, even with egos, buy-in with a leader not too old and deemed past it. Which m---a signed this fellow?

What the ethnici also need to try others, leave out Kone, Christodoulopoulos, Tziolis, Katsouranis, Vyntra, Torotsidis and Tavlaridis or Avraam even. I want to err on the side of youth!

Sokratis as captain, with Kyriakos as vice captain, upon his return.

There is a massive lack of cohesion, actually in defence in particular too. Need to use All these current matches for team work, to build steadily for world cup---Boythes!!

• Like it 1