Phantis Forums

Faroe Islands-Greece(13 June 2015, Torsvollur, Torshavn)

Omonoia9

i agree but i dont know more consistent than Kone i believe Lazaros is a unique player but the Ethniki has not had one player that has the killer instinct for goal than Mitroglou did a year and a half a year ago. we havent got that one player i believe Lazaros is still a good option though

Edited by Dean97

We don't know how bad Karnezis' injury actually is. All this talk of replacing him is pretty premature.

Correct on Glykos. I believe he's played only once or twice since his injury.

Wtf, you might not care if Holebas isn't in but he is our best player at his position he can be very dynamic with his speed at times, now in saying that we need to keep our back end the exact same and the only changes that need to be made are, Klaus, Kats, Samaris, and Lazaro's, don't start experimenting right now do that in the friendlies, we need to win this game or we are dead as far as the euros,

Even though I'm not a huge fan I think Mitroglou needs to be in there and Ninis would be good with his creativity alongside Fetfa, is Samaras not an option? If he is I'd like to see him in there as well.

Lloyd is a great player. Even if he has made excuses in the past he should still be called up. A team that lost to Faroe Islands can't afford to be this pretentious.

not only did we lose against the Faroes but karnezis was our man of the match against them.

If Kargagounis has a say and it turns out that he in fact leaves Holebas out then any respect I had for the guy is out the window he will be a selfish piece of s%$#! in my mind, Yes he was a leader and a warrior for us and guys would lean on his leader ship but he always was a selfish player and honestly he was good but he wasn't a world class talent by any means. Makaranian and Kargounis have to put the best possible players at each position and that includes Holebas.

not only did we lose against the Faroes but karnezis was our man of the match against them.

H apodosi yia ekeino to match itan 17 yia niki ton Faroe Ils!

Poios nomizei pos ta SAINIA MAS...EVALAN ENA XERAKI YIA NA AYXITHOYN OI PROSOPIKES PERIOYSIES MERIKON?...

Ego eimai o protos pou pisteuei pos to paixnidi itan FTIAXTO!

Den ginete na xanoume apo ta Faroe Ils kai na eimaste stous 8 tou WC!

The answer is yes, Serg will pick his team. It will happen at halftime of the match. This is to keep us all guessing. Professionalism usually Just escapes our heritage team. We should having our players flying in as we speak! Training on Thursday with desperation. We don't do desperation I guess.

Squad for Euro 2016 Qualifier against Faroe Islands & FIFA Friendly against Poland is:

Orestes Karnezis

Stefanos Kapino

Markos Vellidis

Kostas Manolas

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Vasilis Torosidis

Loukas Vyntra

Evangelos Moras

Stathis Tavlaridis

Kostas Stafylidis

Christos Tasoulis

Kostas Katsouranis

Alexandros Tsiolis

Sotirios Ninis

Lazaros Christodopoulos

Panagiotis Kone

Andreas Samaris

Panagiotis Tachtsidis

Giannis Fetfatzidis

Kostas Fortounis

Dimitrios Kolovos

Taxiarchis Fountas

Kostas Mitroglou

Nikos Karelis

I don't follow the Superleague so can anyone tell me something about Kolovos, Fountas, Tasoulis, and Tavlaridis?

Not surprised that Vyntra, Kats, and Tziolis are on the squad. As long as they don't start I guess I won't be too upset. I expect Kats and Tziolis to make an appearence at some point in the match though. It is what it is....

Kolovos and Fountas are quick attacking players with a lot of potential....Kolovos is not a baby anymore so maybe he's not developed the way we hoped?

Tavlaridis is a 36yo CD...Had a good season at PAO and Atromitos but in reality has no place in this squad...what does he really bring to game v Faroe Islands....?? and what to the future???

Tasoulis would not get a game in the A League....So I have no idea why he;s anywhere near the NT???

Given the squad ....this is my XI

...............................Karnezis.................................

Toro..............Manolas............Sokratis...............Stafyllidis

............................Samaris..............Taxi.......................

Karelis.........................Fortounis............................Fetfa

......................................Mitro.......................................

Ninis, Kone, Kolovos to be used as subs as required.............

• Like it 1

Stathis Tavlaridis I think last played for the national team 10 years ago at the 2005 FIFA Confederations Cup in Germany. He spent most of his professional career playing in France & even played for Arsenal early in his career. I think most of his appearances were in League Cup & FA Cup matches but remember watching him make his EPL debut. For some reason he never got picked when he was at his peak & remember he used to get a lot of support for selection in forums at the time.

If we want goals we need to start Ninis and Karelis together as they proved in the superleague play offs that they mean business. Fortounis also has great ball control and passing ability and does score recently, I think Kone does not do much for our attack, he cant really create and is not really good with the ball. I think Kone scores great goals sometimes but does not offer much regularly. As for Lazaros he just does not have that end product, he would do a great skill and then muck it up.

I think we should go out with this starting line up.

---------------------------------------------KARNEZIS--------------------------------------------------

---TOROSIDIS---------------MANOLAS---------SOKRATIS-------------------STAFYLIDIS---

------------------------------------------TACHTSIDIS--------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------SAMARIS------------------- NINIS----------------------------------------

-----FORTOUNIS--------------------------------------------------------------KARELIS--------------

-----------------------------------------MITROGLOU---------------------------------------------------

What's up guys!!! This is Snakes4 , if anyone remembers from the other forum. Anyways, I see a lot of things changing since we played hungary. Not to mention that, statistically and genrally speaking we are better than ALL teams in our group. We play Faroe Islands, while our main rivals for 3rd place (Hungary) are playing Romania. If Romania wins they have automatically closed qualification. Apart from that, as a fellow Romanian told me, their relationships with Hungary could be described like our relationships with Turkey. They kinda hate each other and admit it at any possible chance. Im hoping for a +3 to us, 0 for the Hungry ones, Taking us 3 points behind them. As long as we keep bringing the same/better results from them from now on we ll keep them at 3 points difference, and at the final match, we play them at home i think? A win , even with the same points, gives us a chance in the play-offs.

Im pretty optimistic. Moreover their next fixture is away vs Northern Ireland while ours is at home against Finland, if we surpass them, something tells me it could bring some panic in their faces. What im afraid of is if we end up as worst 3rd and don't make it coz of that ( if the worst 3rd thing exists, like it did at the WC.)

As i said before we should start off playing fast in their half and create problems for their defence. They will play defensive what better way to start off the first 10-15 mins 3-0 up. then try play more at a normal speed. Fetfatzidis is a must start and Tachtsidis no one else can keep possesion better than him in the team maybe Samaris. Mitroglou should also start i have a good feeling he could score a few in this game. 

Edited by Dean97

Based on the track record for the National Team on a consistency basis, Katsouranis, Tziolis, Tavlaridis and Vyntra still got in the squad. I, like everyone else, want to give a new coach the benefit of the doubt, till we are all worn down. Then, we let him have it, as per usual. Why wait till after the fact this time? He is a decorated coach, but I'm only interested in what he shows now. He just showed he has no  structure to offer for the future, no hard edge. Therefore, he is a mal. Hope we win anyway. The younger guys of the future in the squad would be the reason, if Greece win.  

Exactly, in order to keep them 3 points max in front , we need to focus on one game at a time. To be honest, as I stated in my previous post, our team is (even now) far better than all the other teams in our group. Even the Romanians have a bad team, they ll show their true selfs in the Euro. They best i give them is finishing 3rd place in a group. However,things right now in the group are edgy , because it's not only enough for us to face and beat/get the result we want(even some draws are wanted) from our opponents, we need Hungarians to miss opportunities as well.

• Like it 1