Phantis Forums

Giannis Alafouzos

Guest PastMember

• 2 weeks later...

Leadership matters and its decisions affect lives. Same in politics, same in private business, same in all organizations. However, leadership comes in many styles and flavors. Not all are appropriate everywhere. You can be a great business person making real estate deals and firing people on tv, but this doesn't make you a good political leader, in the sense that you can actually do something good for the people.

Alafouzos may be good in leading a media outlet like SKAI, but he's a terrible club leader. Not only he's ignorant of football but he has made horrible choices as to the management team that surrounds him and advises him. A great leader is not great because he knows everything; but rather he finds great people to work for him.

Conviction and staying true to principle may sound good, but if a battle plan is proving disastrous you've go to amend it or defeat is certain. Ala seems to be stubborn (?) or unable to judge the ..judgment of his people. He stuck with Anastasiou way too long, even after one after another target were being lost this season. Same stupidity with Strama now. This guy had not succeeded in anything anywhere he coached. Yet, he was the one selected by Ala. Everyone who knows football sees that Strama lost the game against gavroi by (again) making the wrong subs and pulling the team back.

But, Ala also has worsened the internal culture of PAO. Internal culture is like the blood that keeps an organization alive and well.  It's my view that the club does not have a winning attitude, nobody has confidence in anybody else in the club, the coaches have not inspired the players nor had they gotten their respect; the players don't know or care about the PAO name, history; and the whole club has become a whining child, blaming everything and everybody else for their misery. It's the wrong focus. Yes, the league, the refs, and whathaveyou suck but this is not your biggest problem.

What Ala said after the Karaiskaki game is typical incompetence and transferance of blame to anything but himself, the coach, and the team's managers. Some self-reflection is necessary, but I'm afraid we'll see more of the same for a long time.

Ala has spent lots of his own money to pay for the club's debts and other running expenses, so he feels he's entitled to doing whatever he wants, which is wrong since PAO should not be his private toy, as Tzigger used to think/do in the past.

Was Marinakis banned from all football activities last summer yes or no???

Why is he still participating in football matters?

Good for Alafouzos for not attending. Marinakis and his puppet Kontonis should get F***ed.

That of course is my opinion.

@ OS, where were the other 2 the last few years??!??? Give me a break. PAO has opposed the red paragka largely alone for years. (The proof? Gate 13 closure and endless amount of fines levied on the club among other things..) It's about time your team joined the fight...

Edited by Giourkas

Giourkas, the decision on Marinakis was put on hold as it was deemed to be illegal, even though I don't agree with that but that's another matter.

Where were the other 2 the last few years? LOL mate if Meli didn't get back into AEK and give Alafouzos backing/support with this, he (ala) wouldn't be doing what he has been doing lately, don't run around saying your owner is the only one standing up to them because fact is if Meli didn't come back into Greek Football your owner would still be the bitch that he had been all those years Meli wasn't around.

Why isn't he going to the meeting after all he has been barking for change and now is a chanced to speak up but chooses not to go. He scared of being face to face with Marinakis? Proud owner you got right there, all bark and no bite.

Edited by Original Sydney

You're right, AEK and PAOK have opposed Oly as much as PAO has over the years... Lol... how many times did PAOK elect to abstain from any kind of stance when Alafouzo proposed change over the years? As for AEK, Meli stayed low key for years file... Th mou les tora ?

But for some reason, PAO takes the brunt of the system's rath for some reason.... why?

There is no solution in meeting up with the drug smuggler Marinakis... You have to cut out the toomer to cure the sickness afflicting Greek soccer. The fact that Marinakis is on the phone deciding wether or not derbies take place is a giant red flag guys... Yet you guys want to meet with him??? By all means.. Lol There is no negotiating with that criminal.

Edited by Giourkas

Meli has always been low key on what he does that isn't something new, but fact is the day Meli came back and gave Alafouzos support he got more aera to go and do what he wanted and let everything out on the truth behind Oly and their owner.

Why didn't Alafouzos go and show all this evidence 3 years ago? Why did it all start when Meli came back to Greek Football? Some of you guys make out its only PAO fighting the corruption which is far from the truth and just because you don't see or hear the things Meli does doesn't mean he ain't fighting the battle from behind the scenes. He is way more powerful than Alafouzos will ever be and Alafouzos knowing he has his backing allowed him to go and reveal all the corruption because he had support, back then he didn't have much at all and he had no balls to do that stuff then.

Again, maybe you regard Meli a little too highly? Given his power, what has he done exactly?

ALa has been fighting the red paragka for years through HIS media (Ska?). Meli had no influence in the matter. Like I said, he was laying low cause his club wasn't even in the top flight. As for breaking the news on drug smuggling fatso, you have Alafouzo and Gate 13 to thank for that. Rumblings among gate 13 had started about a year ago in the stands (banners and chants... Well before Meli returned to the top flight). Also, 1 guy played a role in the meetings between our clubs over the summer...

You know who played a very real role behind the scenes?

Hint: he destroyed Kokkalis.

Answer:

Nikolas-Pateras.jpeg

Edited by Giourkas

Siga re that's how low the mentality has gone you wana claim who broke what story 1st, jesus that's low........ Alafouzos has a benefit as he owns something in the media, do you think if Meli and Savvidis owned something in the media they wouldn't do the same? 100% they would.

How do you know that Meli had no influence? Have you been there to hear their conversations?

Pana Meli said from day 1 he wont say anything until his team is back but he was doing plenty behind the scenes swaying satellite teams away from the red paraga, something Alafouzos hasn't been able to do.

Im not saying one owner is better than the other but fact is with Meli behind him Alafouzos has the freedom and support to let everything out now, why wasn't he letting these things out 3 or 4 years ago?

I havent once said Meli is better than Alafouzos!!

So basically you just said what I been saying all along, with Meli behind him Alafouzos has the power to now release everything through the media. Something he wasn't doing in the past.

Pana I know about the last meeting but he has Savvidis and Meli there with him now and its a different ball game, yet he still doesn't want to go, so really Meli and Savvidis are going in there to fight things while Alafouzos write things in the media, which nothing comes of anyway. Personally I know which owner I would prefer and it isn't the one putting things through media, but the one who has the balls to go face fatboy.

OS, what are you talking about exactly? Alafouzo has been denouncing red paragkes through his media ever since he assumed leadership of PAO. Did he get the green light from Meli for that too? Lol

But hey don't take my word for it, kindly go on the net for articles and tweets, and YouTube videos of Alafouzo denouncing the fat bastard looooooong before Meli allowed AEK to fall so he can assume leadership on a clean (free) slate...

You're asking us how we know Meli had no influence? How do you know he played "such a big role"? Were you there behind the scenes with him?? Lol