Phantis Forums

Giannis Alafouzos

Guest PastMember

Regardless of what the issues are, reacting in the manner that was shown on Saturday is inexcusable.  Injuring police officers and putting fans lives at risk is not an acceptable way to act.  You are going to a sporting event to enjoy yourself, not to find yourself in the middle of riot police.

Regardless of what the issues are, reacting in the manner that was shown on Saturday is inexcusable. Injuring police officers and putting fans lives at risk is not an acceptable way to act. You are going to a sporting event to enjoy yourself, not to find yourself in the middle of riot police.

The fans didn't start s%$#! w the police. The police started all this w the fans. If they hadn't blocked off every entrance into the stadium, and didn't start blasting innocent people w tear gas for no reason, the violence outside wouldn't have happened. MAT police are ruthless thugs. I actually got the chills walking passed them. They were there to start s%$#! from the get go. ACAB 1312

• Like it 1

I have videos of outside stadium on leoforos Alexandra's that were taken at 6 pm where people were gathering at the local cafes, guys grilling souvlakia, and people peacefully trying to get into the stadium. Within 10 minutes, it turned from peace to Iraq with mat police chasing us and dropping bombs of tear gas next to children. How many f'ing times do I need to write this for it to get inside ur heads. THE FANS WERE NOT AT FAULT OUTSIDE THE STADIUM. THESE PIGS WERE THERE FOR WAR. ALL 4000 OF THEM. THE ATMOSPHERE INSIDE THE STADIUM FROM 6:30-8:15 WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. LIKE ANY OTHER DERBY U HAVE EVER SEEN, (except for 2003 in rizoupoli, but hey why should we bring that up)

Edited by ChiPao13
  • Like it 4

No matter what you say/witnessed, sophostires gavs have their opinions of how things went. Fits the narrative of the sweet innocent heroine dealing owner... Or that PAO was scared to play them off the park again.. Poor Gavs, I thought their players didn't understand the meaning of the derby for Greeks.. Wait, their reasoning is all over the map but don't mind that...

• Like it 2

No matter what you say/witnessed, sophostires gavs have their opinions of how things went. Fits the narrative of the sweet innocent heroine dealing owner... Or that PAO was scared to play them off the park again.. Poor Gavs, I thought their players didn't understand the meaning of the derby for Greeks.. Wait, their reasoning is all over the map but don't mind that...

And they are the reason why things have become the way they become, and they are the reason why things will never change... Sheeeeeep

• Like it 2

MAT are dogs they did the same things to AEK fans.....

Giourkas I love the saying "they were scared to play us and took the 0-3 forfeit) hahahahahahaha F***en clueless bunch the lot of them

The more things that come to light just shows how corrupt things really are and as I said yesterday its not only owners, its people in govt (Kontonis) and also people in the police...... BUT that's normal for Oly fans if this was Meli doing all this then they would be losing their sh*t....

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

For me, Alafouzos is ignorant of football and managing a club like PAO. However, if it weren't for him, PAO would have followed AEK to 3rd division. And, it's not like he stole the club from someone else who wanted to invest big $$. It was almost criminal what Tzigger had done to the club, not protecting the team for the money he had. Unfortunately, PAO was  a ..toy given to him by the family.  The last insult was to deal with Tsakas.... Oh, maybe it was Votanikos?.. <_<

Then we had the big shots who, yes, spent $100 mil and got the double, but when they left, the club was in debt. Alafouzos still pays players from years ago. And, he was good in negotiating with them for paying them in installments.

OK. If true, Ala's $23 mil. may not be enough for some people, but no matter what the actual number may be, Alafouzos has not made money with PAO. It may be Pateras who's helping out these days. (I don't know Ala's financial base). So, where's anyone else who cares about PAO and has the financial ability to raise this club's fortunes????

In a perfect world, investors/owners might be interested in PAO, but who would nowadays? when the league is so corrupt, the gap between the rich Euro teams and the rest is huge and increasing? Look at gavros, with $20 mil from CL a year, after year, and a wealthy owner and can't do much in Europe. What is it that PAO could do better? Honestly can you tell me? Please don't say,.. ah the history.... Well history is in the past and its the curse of Greece--always looking back not ahead. And, I doubt any of our players really knows or cares about the club's history.

Greece missed an opportunity to revamp it's league after Euro 2004. It may be too late now.  We've been saying this for years, that a sport in a modern country has to be entertaining to attract fans given the competition for a person's time out there in the last 15-20 years!. People over 40 know a time when there weren't social media, or  lots of ways to spend one's time, so sports was a domain of great interest.

We may be rabid fans but we are also a diminishing group. Most Greeks have turned away from football. Games turned out to be opportunities for violence (and I don't care who starts it), and crappy spectable, so people don't go to see games and they don't watch games on tv either.  Do you think this can change? How? I mean given the reality in Greece....

• 2 months later...

Alafouzos has a good plan in place. I have my trust in him; Alafouzos has helped us in our darkest hour and is here to provide stability so we don't implode.

we are with in the darkest hour of this season where is he now??????....2 weeks time judgement day! lose that implosion will be reality! ;)