Phantis Forums

Giannis Alafouzos

Guest PastMember

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah? How much income does he have though?

That figure you cite may be houses, business holdings, etc. This wealth isn't necessarily liquefiable (turned into cash) on a whim. No businessman would sell assets & personal property to fund a club. Those who spend for their club have extra cash to burn. Rare species.

Greek football has been plagued by "people of ill-repute" (like Psomiades, Beos, etc) who actually took money from their clubs, good political influence, and bankrupted their clubs.

Loukas Barlos (funny, I don't know why I remember this) spend his fortune for his beloved AEK.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alafouzo again with his m*****es.....

In regards to Kapino...  

Kaname protasi gia ton Kapino gia danismo....  kai meta leei... o Kapino den eixe thesi i mellon ston PAO kai den xerame to mellon tou stin omada....

Re Alafouze.... ean den exei mellon me tin omada ti s**** ton ferneis pisw..................Anyway... bottom line the kid chose to play for them...  still can't believe it... but showing his true colors....

Then as for transfers... he says we are done... then an hour later he says... oh wait we are looking at two guys and mavria....  

Props to him for working out a solid training center and working on getting the academy kids a place to train at

Anyway... lets see what actually happens... but I have a feeling the Olympiako stuff is bourdes again to have the fans get riled up again....

Falling out with dabiza, shame....

The part about kapino is bullshit and i don't believe we can't financially accommodate abeid. Perhaps NC are asking for too much?

I found it interesting what he said about risvanis.

So far he has talked about the whole superleague/EPO and that things are going to happen in the week regarding Olym/Tripoli and uefa.

Did he hear something from his own Skai TV broadcasts?

You know the parallel universe where they seem to report "news" which is more....let's call it editorial rather than actual reality. Let's see what transpires within the week shall we.

• 1 month later...

If not him, who then ? What is the structure/ownership of the club ?

Hey is the care taker of the club. When all the big money guys jumped shipped after saddling the club with debt and on the precipice of bankruptcy, he was the only one who volunteered to help save PAO. He basically called himself PAO's "Troika." He implemented the symaxia and draconian austerity measures to help PAO reduce their budget/debt to make them possibly attractive to a big money guy.

You can criticize him for mistakes (and of course he has made them). But people saying he should go should look at the big picture. Say does get up and leave/resign. What then? Who's going to fill that giant void.

I understand the frustration with getting knocked out of Europa but people need to look at the situation as a whole and not a microcosm of it. It's August. The season has barely started. Disappointing start? Yep. Making over reactionary moves isn't a smart play right now.

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...