Phantis Forums

Welcome to the Phantis PAOK Forum

Bajewy

13 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Ελάτε και Μαϊάμι καμιά βόλτα ρε... Εγώ εκεί στα χιόνια δεν πατάω ούτε να με πληρώσουν...

Come in the spring/summer and escape the humidity, hurricanes and white trash in Florida.

Good evening from England! Had a great time in the States - certainly not what we are used to here in Europe I must say - but the US is a cool place to visit. Had a great evening knocking back the beers with Chris (beers are on me if I make it again in March!).

Yianko, τον Ιούνιο θα είμαι Λος Άντζελες για 3 μέρες πριν παω Βέγκας. Ήταν να'ρθω Μαϊαμι αλλα τελικά κατέληξα στην πόλη των αγγέλων!

On 12/6/2017 at 1:36 PM, Blackhawk said:

Come in the spring/summer and escape the humidity, hurricanes and white trash in Florida.

Thanks Christara. Spring no way... You guys have snow and 30 degrees until April or early May. Spring is nice in Miami, but summer is indeed hell. Hot and humid and the sea water even more hot. Hahaha.

Regarding hurricanes, you are right, they might suck, but we are PAOK fans and nothing scares us... The worst thing is staying without A/C. The rest is fine. Regarding white trash, I lived most of my life in Thessaloniki socializing with all the white trash you can imagine. So, sad to admit, it feels like home. The only difference is that those Floridians are way more stupid than we are. But this stands for a good percentage of US people. Thankfully, I am not dealing with them a lot, besides the annoying fact we drive on the same roads and they drive like "s h i t".

Athens, when you go to Los Angeles make sure you rent a car, or you have a friend who has a car. Otherwise you are going to have a really hard time there! But you did smart move. Los Angeles and Las Vegas is more fun than Miami. Miami is nothing. Maybe it was fun in the 80s if you were dealing cocaine and you made good money, otherwise nothing fancy besides the name. Hahaha.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, 

This is Apolo from portugal, i had a acount at the greeksoccerforum back in the days, i remember some of you from there, i even met Athens4 in Lisbon when PAOK playd Benfica for Europa League, but somehow we lost contact . Since that site went down i've been having hard time following GSL. 
Things have been improving for PAOk and i hope you can win the leaguethis year. 

• Like it 2

HAHAHA, yes, but  I always have a reason to whatch your games, to be honest i'vent seen many of your games( nor other teams games actually), when you get  lately but i always check the results.
Yes Rodrigues is such a good player, i wish he was silllayng for you, but i think he made a good move, in 1/2 he maybe playng in one of the big5 leagues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks! (Apologies for the long post but I’ll try to keep it brief) 

A Dunfermline Athletic and  PAOK fan from Scotland here..

My story? I met a Pontic Greek girl 3 and a half years ago in Edinburgh. It was a classic case of boy meets girl, boy goes to Greece to meet girls parents.. boy falls in love with PAOK, and the girl haha. This September I will be getting married near Kavala! 

Anyway,  went to the away tie v Liberec last year for my first game, then away against schalke. Met some amazing people along the way and everything surrounding the club, the fan base, history etc is like nothing I have come across. In the last 3 years I have supported this great club like I grew up supporting Dunfermline here in Scotland.

In September I went to toumba to take some photos with my flag.  After negotiating with a security guard and the office staff, I was alowed in to see the hollowed turf. That was a very special moment to me. I was in awe of the pace and it felt like home as soon as I came out of of the tunnel. Toumba symbolises a very happy period in my life and it was quite emotional as I took it all in, wondering, how I got to this point. 

Sunday will be my first match in toumba and I will be standing in gate 4. A dream will come true for me this weekend!! 

PAOKARA S’AGAPW

• Like it 4

Holy s%$#!, that's a great story. Can I call you Dumf?

My first trip to the stadium (during the off season) also involved some negotiating to get in. And by negotiating I mean, we asked the hooligan who was leaning against an open gate "hey we're fans, can we just walk in?"

As an aside - my cousin just got back from a trip to Edinburgh. So, the first thing I thought as I read your post was "wow they move fast."

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have been reading the forum for a 2 or 3 years now so i’m glad I can now get involved. 

Well, finally arrived last night. 18 hrs from Edinburgh airport to krinides.. 3 taxis, 2 planes and a bus! 

I have got the ticket in hand as well so that’s one less thing to worry about. I cannot wait for Sunday and being in Gate 4 will be special. 

Pash, haha I hope your cousin enjoyed edinburgh. Interesting fact, It’s self titled the “Athens of the north” do to the Greek influence on architecture and culture.  

Blackhawk, do you want me to change my display name? I can go with something shorter if need be and I looked on my profile but I assume admin would have to change it? 

1 hour ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

Blackhawk, do you want me to change my display name? I can go with something shorter if need be and I looked on my profile but I assume admin would have to change it? 

No need to change it unless you really want to. I just wanted to know if there some short nickname you would prefer when we address you in our posts, because it will  be time consuming typing DunfermlineAthleticPAOK. :57bb19ec8e254_haveaniceday:  

Enjoy the game on Sunday and bring us a victory.