Phantis Forums

Welcome to the Phantis PAOK Forum

Bajewy

• 5 months later...

Hey all. New member here. Very new to football in general (basketball junkie most my life). Falling in love with the sport fast though. Live in Ithaca, NY, great-grandfather is from Metsovo (my last name is Prounis). When I visited Metsovo in 2014, I was told that PAOK was the team to root for, so I figure I would root for them above all else. Also, my wife and I absolutely fell in love with Thessaloniki. 

It being so hard to follow Greek Superleague from here, though, and shamefully not knowing the language yet, I am in a position where I root for all Greek players being repped in top leagues or competitions. Look forward to learning more about the game (and my ancestral homeland, more broadly) on this forum and having good discussions along the way.

• Like it 4

Hey all. New member here. Very new to football in general (basketball junkie most my life). Falling in love with the sport fast though. Live in Ithaca, NY, great-grandfather is from Metsovo (my last name is Prounis). When I visited Metsovo in 2014, I was told that PAOK was the team to root for, so I figure I would root for them above all else. Also, my wife and I absolutely fell in love with Thessaloniki. 

It being so hard to follow Greek Superleague from here, though, and shamefully not knowing the language yet, I am in a position where I root for all Greek players being repped in top leagues or competitions. Look forward to learning more about the game (and my ancestral homeland, more broadly) on this forum and having good discussions along the way.

Welcome aboard Frappe, Metsovo is one of the loveliest towns in Greece. It's especially beautiful in winter.

• Like it 1

You want to be a PAOK a fan?  How about I just come to your house and kick you in the nuts and you go about your business.....That's kinda what it's like to be a PAOK fan.....except every day is a kick in the nuts.....and just when you think no one is going to show up to kick you in the nuts and all is safe, some guy with pointy steel toe cowboy boots shows up, and kicks you in the nuts again.

Welcome aboard.

• Like it 3

You want to be a PAOK a fan?  How about I just come to your house and kick you in the nuts and you go about your business.....That's kinda what it's like to be a PAOK fan.....except every day is a kick in the nuts.....and just when you think no one is going to show up to kick you in the nuts and all is safe, some guy with pointy steel toe cowboy boots shows up, and kicks you in the nuts again.

Welcome aboard.

Deez nutz have been tendered a bit already as a die-hard Indiana Pacers fan. I'll adjust well. 

• 9 months later...

Bananas για πες από που είσαι φίλε; Βλέπω μένεις στο Brisbane. Εκεί γεννήθηκες, μεγάλωσες; Με Ελλάδα έχεις σχέσεις; Πηγαίνεις που και που ή μπα;

On 12/15/2016 at 1:57 AM, Yiankos said:

Bananas για πες από που είσαι φίλε; Βλέπω μένεις στο Brisbane. Εκεί γεννήθηκες, μεγάλωσες; Με Ελλάδα έχεις σχέσεις; Πηγαίνεις που και που ή μπα;

Μενω Βρισβανη εδω και περιπου 4 χρονια.  Γεννιθικα και μεγαλωσα στην Μελβουρνη.  Η οικογενεια της γυναικας μου ειναι απο το Βρισβανη.  Εχει προσπαθησει να μου παει στο Βρισβανη για 15 χρονια και τελικα πηρε το νικη.  Αλλα, ειναι και ωραια εδω αμα σε αρεση η ζεστη.  Στην Μελβουρνη ακομα πηγαινω περιπου καθε μηνα με την δουλεια μου.

Απο Ελλαδα δεν εχω γηρισει για παρα πολλα χρονια.  Εχω να παω απο το 1994.  Δηλαδη, οταν η ημερες δεν ηταν σκοτηνες οπως βλεπουμε τωρα.  Ελπηζω να ξαναπαω μια μερα.

Και εσυ κ. Μιαμι;

Πωπω όλη τη ζωή σου Αυστραλία, ε; Και Ελλάδα από το 1994... Πωπωπω 22 χρόνια! Πολύς καιρός.

Εγώ Θεσσαλονίκη έζησα σχεδόν όλη τη ζωή μου. Το 2014 ήρθα στην Αμερική για σπουδές. Έκανα ένα μεταπτυχιακό δύο χρόνια στην Καλιφόρνια και τώρα εδώ και μισό χρόνο ήρθα στο Μαϊάμι. Θα κάτσω εδώ τρία χρόνια σύνολο και μετά βλέπουμε.

Ωραια.  Οταν πηγα εκατσα προπαντος στην Θεσσαλονικη, περιπου 4 μηνες.  Πηγα και λιγο Γερμανια και Κυπρος.  Η Κηπρος ειταν πολη ομορφα.  Στην Θεσσαλονικη εμεινα στην Ανω Ηλιουπολη.  Εκατσα και στην Σκιονι, Χαλκιδικη για λιγο καιρο.  Αθηνα και Κρητη.  Τη να πω. ηιταν παρα πολυ ωραια.

I think Greeks who live in US are going more often back to visit Greece, than those living in Australia. And for some reason I have the feeling those who go to Australia they stay there forever. Is it like heaven there and you don't want to move out? Hahaha.