Phantis Forums

Greece Qualifying Chances.....

J1078

Relax guys we have Kats, its still not over!

Are you still there? The evil Katsouranis is to blame? Katsouranis didnt play in the Faroe matches, man. Your favorites, Samaris, Ninis, Fetfatzidis, Stafylidis and Kolovos were there. Worst results of all time, and some people are bashing still one of our greatest midfielders.

The Euros are done and the next draw for the World Cup will see us in a very difficult division, if we can only manage to get two points out of a possible 18 in a pathetic group like this imagine how bad we would get schooled in a group for the World Cup. We are officially screwed for years to come.

Just trying to get understanding of some peoples mindsets here.   Are there some of you who actually thought we were

going to win out all our games.   Even if we beat the fisherman today we were not going into Romania or N. Ireland and

getting a W , a tie maybe but it was going to be  a herculean task especially  with these young useless tits. 

I knew we were in bad shape after the N. Ireland loss , the first loss to the fisherman at home sealed the deal. 

I was just hoping not to get any more humiliation and then today happened!!!

Edited by Polikastano

Relax guys we have Kats, its still not over!

Make fun of Kats (and Kara) all you like but at least we qualified for major tournaments and made top 2 in the group stages in said tournaments with those two in the midfield. And as boring as it was to watch we never lost to the Faroe Islands a country with the poppulation roughly the size of the city of Kalamata

Katsouranis needs to do the honourable thing and retire. Then we wouldn't be having these discussions about him being selected. His time has passed. He was a great player but you can't make a 36 yo challenge guys in their prime.

The campaign is over but the real work actually begins now.

Coaching positions. Playing rosters. Playing systems. All up for discussion if we ae to rebuild properly. I don't want to see 80 yo coaches over 30 yo players taking us to the 2018 WC qualifiers.

• Like it 1

^^Tiki TAKA....Where is it???? You wish to have Kats and number 10s in there prime!!! Lets start from the beginning...We need PAO and AEK to take charge.

Keep anything Olympiakos off the NT team.

Build a good base...With PAO and AEK players. How many Olympiakos players were part of the 2004 team? And leading up to 2012?

The only thing you can blame Oly for is the purchasing of young greek talent from smaller clubs and putting them on the bench and signing foriegn players to play ahead of them. It's as if they don't want anyone else to have them so they just buy them for the hell of it. 

• Like it 1

Well chances are we are as good as done but Romania and NI do have Hungary right behind them so I don't see them rolling over for them. 3 ties also will do but we do not run the table no way. The funny thing is had we just beaten the Faroe Islands 2x as we should have we'd be 3 points behind 3rd only go figure lol

Mathematically we are not dead, but to be honest as much as it kills me to say this it's over, even the coach said its over and he said in the last 4 games he play young guys to get the experience and they will concentrate on the WC 2018, even Soctratis said the same thing.

Wow 2 goals in one year that's messed up. The other thing let's not forget we have conceded 7 goals in 6 qualifiers, the more defensive minded Greek team that was successful wouldn't allow anywhere near that many goals.

Hoping for the final game with Hungary to be the deciding game. Northern Ireland is only 1 point behind Romania so it's likely they would make the push in these last couple games to over take them therefore giving Hungary a loss. Likewise Romania want to hang on to the top spot and as already stated in the forums don't like Hungary so there is a double incentive.Its on us and it's ridiculous to think that based on our performances thus far but hopefully we'll have kpaps and some more youngsters in the line up such as bouchalakis and gianniotas. There is still a chance but the boys gotta want it

the next matches are 4 september. i think that FI should draw against northern ireland so that they play more agressive in their next match against hungary wich is 3 days later , instead of being more happy with a point then , and they play them at home. i dont believe hungary will sit back against romania as they need a win i believe. would be sick if we still made it to the play offs but we need more experience in the team , and not toro as a leader.

omg are you guys serious??? you guys are actually coming up with ways that we can qualify? guys FI has a better chance to qualify then we do. first off Hungary may lose against Romania or Ni but we realistically they will beat the FI and at least tie one of those teams but even if they didnt how the hell are Greece going to beat anyone? Even with so called k paps in the line up we couldnt beat Hungary so now we are going to beat Romania and Ni? i do love the passion but dont set yourself up for any more dissapointment its over guys the players even know it and the coach, the players even said after the FI game they need to focus on the WC.

PS It would be cool though. lol

Edited by J1078

You can always hope and pray, but I really don't know where the goals are going to come from to at least win one game. The team and set up needs a major overhaul of everything and at the moment morale and confidence is very low.

Unfortunately from what I have seen I don't think we can qualify.

Hahaha, had a good laugh. Some of you still holding out that we will make third place? Forget about it. Its over. Do you think Greece will win the next 4 games? Beat Romania and N. Ireland away? 

I admire the optimism, but the fat lady has sung and left the building, lol.

Nothing to look forward to till the qualifiers for the world cup. Even that is not promising. We are in pot 3. 

Guys I'm looking at pot 1 and 2 and there's no team I can see us beating, our team is so dysfunctional right now, we have guys that don't give a s%$#!, guys that don't get along with one another, no soldier mentality, our defense is s%$#! our offense is s%$#! and we look lost out there. We don't know who to put at Midfield, we don't know who our attackers are, with out Holebas we are weak at the position Staf. Can't cut it. I see nothing but major problems for a long time to come. I would pray for Samaras to be back on our team, I know most don't like him but he can hold the ball and make something happen better then anyone I have seen right now. Holebas is a must going forward. Karelia, Ninis, and Fetfa have to be regulars going forward we need to stick with these guys. And I said it before getting back to our killer defense will be the only way we get out of this if that's even possible now.