Phantis Forums

Corruption In The Greek Sl

Accor6

Well the fact of the matter is...

If Olympiakos as a club get punished.. the n technically they should be dropped to B' ethniki at least...

That should put a whole stop to everything they do...

1) Even in B ethniki, I dont' think a foreign coach (even a relatively uknonwn guy) would want to go to Greece 2nd division

2) It seemed as though there was a firesale going on about 2 weeks ago.... Roberto, Kasami, Dourmaz, Mouzouaku.. etc.. but now more reports are coming out saying that they are staying....  which may imply that they will not be dropped nor barred from Euro comp

3) If they go down a division, then I doubt they would be throwing names like Berbatov or whatever....  not to say that Berbatov is a world killer, but players who come wit hefty price tags are not needed for 2nd divsion football

As for Fatman trying to conduct business as usual...  I still don't think you go out and publicily announce that you will RUN THINGS AS PRESIDENT once you got a penalty BARRING YOU FROM SOCCER RELATED ACTIVITIES

There is something going on that we don't know about...

Anyway, lets hope for Accor's good news to shed more light on the situation....  

The only way justice will be served if for:

1) Fatman to face JAIL time

2) Olyampikos to be stripped of Euro competition AND be relegated

3) All of the front offices of Olympiakos be locked up as well

Then and ONLY then will you send a message that the system is DEAD

Olympiakos does not seem worried about their situation for some reason.. they did initially as they haven't selected a coach yet, no players were signed (aside from Giannotas which was known 6 months ago) but now seems like things are moving along...  coach is supposedly coming with 1-2 signings within the next week

They don't seem like a team who is afraid to lose 20 million of cash revenue in the next few days..... again time will tell

Not only they're worried but they literally s%$#! their pants my friend, just be patient...

• Like it 2

Yeah I disagree Grkfreezer, that decision is totally up to UEFA who have not yet made any comment. If they are to follow precedent, Olympiakos will not play in Europe, Fenebahce and Metalist are perfect examples.

Latest reports coming out are relaying that olympiakos is not implicated in any of this. ..

They will retain their champs league spot

Astera and atromito who are also involved in match fixing accusations will also be competing in europe without hitch

So........

.... where a president of a football club is found guilty of bribing matches (Veria v Oly), of blackmailing referees (and burn their shops down), of directly interfering with another team's starting 11 (Sa Pinto at Atromitos) that this wont implicate Olympiakos??? Dont forget that Sa Pinto will have his day in court as well, along with the Veria crowd. Stay tuned.

C'mon mate. Lets not kid ourselves. Just because Vaggela and his mates think they are the biggest manges and are straight from the set of the Sopranos, doesnt mean that UEFA will see it that way too.

I know Greece is a bourdelo when it comes to pursuing high profile criminals but then again, who thought that Marinakis would be BANNED FROM BEING INVOLVED IN FOOTBALL? All of Europe is talking about this, did you see the headlines across European sports websites (including Eurosport)?

Would UEFA allow such publicity for one of their CL participants, especially when they were recently publicly so strong about FIFA corruption? UEFA has to now act on their words. The FIFA corruption scandal is an indirect blessing.

• Like it 1

^^ here's the link to Eurosport...

http://www.eurosport.com/football/owner-of-greek-champions-banned-over-corruption-probe_sto4787854/story.shtml

My question is how can he make bold statements that he will continue to be president and run the club after being ordered to keep away from all football activities.. This hubris of his will be the final nail in his coffin....

• Like it 2

Here it is.. now all sites are reporting it..

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ChampionsLeague/prasino-fws-apo-thn-drs-gia-olympiako-atromhto-kai-astera-tripolhs.3536159.html

I hear u guys and completely agree with u but this is greece we are talking about..

We have a court order banning this guy from soccer and 2 hRs later he is claiming his presidency

Here it is.. now all sites are reporting it..

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ChampionsLeague/prasino-fws-apo-thn-drs-gia-olympiako-atromhto-kai-astera-tripolhs.3536159.html

I hear u guys and completely agree with u but this is greece we are talking about..

We have a court order banning this guy from soccer and 2 hRs later he is claiming his presidency

This quote from the opinions section is perfect:

"

Olympiakos is a currupt football club fixated on money with no care for the beautiful game. Olympiakos is owned by a heroine selling crook who is willing to put lives at risk to cover himself up. Marinakis couldn't give two F***s that he's ruining our league, he just cares about the money in his XXXL pants pocket.

Couldn't agree more with you jvc

Edited by Ethnikos
  • Like it 1